Satin 1.1.1 RC

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Satin

Tp3 wrote:Any news about the cpu usage (I can run 5 instances @ 1024 samples - with default preset. that's it. VST2 BTW).
I was close to a nervous breakdown committing changes over and over when I had to leave earlier today. The culprit is only a handful lines of code although I couldn't figure out what went wrong. Somehow upon startup there seems to be some random data here, thus creating NaN (not-a-number) states and polluting the overall output on occasion, leading to cpu stalls and audio mute.

Now that we know the sucker we'll get him. Ha.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

sascha wrote:
Now that we know the sucker we'll get him. Ha.

Good news - get him..! :x :hihi:

::
Mads

You are an (Ever)Meister, Sascha :tu:

Now lets hope it wont take too long to roll it out of the factory...

We're quite confident we've squashed it. We'll know in a few minutes.

If it's fixed than we've really just wasted one week of intensive debugging with 3 people on one line of code :cry:

The worst bugs are those that are hard to spot because of a very simple mistake, or a thing that's hard to spot in all the code. I've been there, Urs, and I sympathize (although my Kontakt scripts are muuuuuuuch simpler than whatever you have at any given time, but still! :D)...

Urs wrote:We're quite confident we've squashed it. We'll know in a few minutes.

If it's fixed than we've really just wasted one week of intensive debugging with 3 people on one line of code :cry:
That's the nature of bugs (long time ago, when I was coding a bit, I remember it): you can miss a comma here, semicolon there (or any Punctuation for that matter)... and all hell gets loose. you can spend DAYS haunting a defected line.

Well, I hope that this is it (and I do believe so).

Looks pretty good as of now :phew:

Urs wrote:Looks pretty good as of now :phew:
:tu: :clap:

Will the bug with the A Type Compander causing silence be fixed now then?

Agility wrote:Will the bug with the A Type Compander causing silence be fixed now then?
Yes, but it wasn't the A Type Compander as far as we know.

Urs wrote:
Agility wrote:Will the bug with the A Type Compander causing silence be fixed now then?
Yes, but it wasn't the A Type Compander as far as we know.
Very good, all I know is ever since the first version of Satin I've had issues with both A Type Companders cutting off the sound and I wasn't sure if anyone had noticed despite posting several times about it.

Glad to know it will be sorted and await a hopefully stable version of Satin. :)

So, did it turn OK ? will there be a new version (hopefully soon) ?

Tp3 wrote:
We're a little insecure about it.

It seems like we have yet another problem with VST3, because one of the beta testers gets another mute bug in VST3 but not in VST2. We're therefore considering to postpone any updates for VST3 until we rewrote the whole interface.

Thus maybe we'll release an update for VST2/AU/AAX shortly, with a VST3 version to follow in a few months.

Urs wrote:
Tp3 wrote:
We're a little insecure about it.

It seems like we have yet another problem with VST3, because one of the beta testers gets another mute bug in VST3 but not in VST2. We're therefore considering to postpone any updates for VST3 until we rewrote the whole interface.

Thus maybe we'll release an update for VST2/AU/AAX shortly, with a VST3 version to follow in a few months.
I'm cool with that (VST2).

And it seems like I am not alone... (I'd prefer a VST2 that would let me instantiate like I'd expect - for my Q9550 - then a VST3 version... that TBH, I'm still not sure about VST3 benefits. for me at least).

Like Tp3, VST3 is irrelevant to me. But an AU version that plays nice with DP 7.24 in 10.6.8 would be very welcome, the sooner the better… ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “u-he”