Satin 1.1.1 RC

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Satin

We have a new beta version, which we're using to harvest more information on remaining bugs:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=397770

If you find a bug, chance is that you can win a u-he plug-in. However, even if the bug you discover doesn't lead to the "Bug Friday" phrase mentioned there, a Satin.log might still help us fix things :)

Cheers,

- Urs

Still have serious issues with Satin. The VST3 version crashes either Cubase 7.06 or kills the channel. When it disables sound it, even removing the plugin from the chain wont reactivate sound. Seems to happen most when you drag/copy it to another channel, when you insert, open or close it. Ill send over the log tomorrow.

BSE|Milan wrote:Still have serious issues with Satin. The VST3 version crashes either Cubase 7.06 or kills the channel. When it disables sound it, even removing the plugin from the chain wont reactivate sound. Seems to happen most when you drag/copy it to another channel, when you insert, open or close it. Ill send over the log tomorrow.
wow that's wild. I ran 80 (40mono/40stereo) VST3 instances in a test project under 7.06. The only problem I had was that it wouldn't recall the preset.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I'm gonna unsticky this thread - we should have a new beta some time soon, with a new thread (it'll be our main incentive after Diva/Zebra releases)

Using rev. 2033 i had repeatedly some strange issues (they already occured with the previous version):

Sometimes there is no sound on one side (sometimes also on both - i.e. the signal is muted) Bypassing Satin enables the side again.
Removing and re-inserting Satin doesn't change anything.
Restarting Logic solves the problem.

MacOS 10.6.8, Logic 9.

Arrested Developer wrote:Using rev. 2033 i had repeatedly some strange issues (they already occured with the previous version):

Sometimes there is no sound on one side (sometimes also on both - i.e. the signal is muted) Bypassing Satin enables the side again.
Removing and re-inserting Satin doesn't change anything.
Restarting Logic solves the problem.

MacOS 10.6.8, Logic 9.
Do any of these help?

Satin rev 2107 Win
Satin rev 2107 Mac

(please don't save the project with those versions, just check if it still mutes - that would be very appreciated!)

Hi Urs,
will check this tomorrow.
Have to finish a project this weekend & so far Satin (2033) is behaving quite brave... ;-)

ok, so far that's really strange:
I've been working the whole day, and - today again - had no single problem with Satin (still 2033).

Just a report for whatever it might be worth: I have not tried to push it to any limits, but I am happy with Satin 2033 in both Cubase 7.5 and Cantabile 2.0 lite. In both environments 2033 is well behaved for me. In C7.5 I have 3 separate instances in the project. My OS is Windows 7, 64 bit. In C7.5 I am using the VST3, 64 bit version. In Cantabile lite I am using the 64 bit VST2 version Jbridged to 32 bit (Cantabile lite is only 32 bit and I am too lazy to install a 32 bit Satin).

Urs wrote:
Do any of these help?

Satin rev 2107 Win
Satin rev 2107 Mac

(please don't save the project with those versions, just check if it still mutes - that would be very appreciated!)
I'm a bit unsure how to do this tests to get substantial...
Over the last days i had one single time (yesterday) again the mute-problem with build 2033 (which was solved by restarting Logic), and this in hours of working.
So i don't know how to achieve a significant result with 2107.
-> since the problem occurs only occasionally so far, having no problem wouldn't mean much.
And it's really difficult to work for hours without saving...after all it's my job...

is there a workaround that would allow me to locate the bug in short time?

Arrested Developer wrote:And it's really difficult to work for hours without saving...after all it's my job...

is there a workaround that would allow me to locate the bug in short time?
I'm sorry, this is the problem that we're facing at the moment. It is a very rare bug and we've deployed numerous methods to hunt it down - to no avail -, we even put out a reward a few days ago. Sascha is currently working on a new range of tests that we can run with people to whom this happens frequently. Because that's the thing, the muting has never occurred on any of our machines, it only occurred out there so far. Two or three people have it permanently, while most people haven't ever had this happeining to them.

If you're on a tight schedule, please stick to 2033. I'm sure we'll have a remedy shortly, all our resources are going into this after the current round of releases.

I have the same bug on Mac OSX 10.9.2, Cubase 7.5.12

Satin version 2033.

Very Strange.

Do you guy project to have the update soon? I'm in a middle of a big contract :?

Thank you

Please check this out:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=398871

We hope to release this very soon.

Thank you for the fast answer but it can be dangerous to save my project with revision 2228?

I don't want to mess my session at all .

Thank you

Which revision are you using currently? It's late at night here, but I can find out tomorrow whether or not that's after the renamed module.

You can of course always try the newer version with a copy of your project - if it works, stick to it, but if it doesn't, revert to the previous version and continue with the original project.

To be honest, we never found out what exactly muted tracks randomly. Because we could never reproduce this issue on our machines. We did however find some bugs when we ran our stuff under very extreme conditions, and we fixed all of those. That's why we posted the new builds - they fix a lot of potential issues that may affect only very few people, and we want to find out if these also fix the issues we could not target directly.

Return to “u-he”