Uhbik distortion?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wish to Uhe: Id love a Uhbik distortion!

Tip: my all time favorite distortion plug (freeware) and everyday everywhere vst Tridirt is a great functional design very much in the style of the Uhbiks. However it does not look like it will be updated to 64bit, because its a freeware project. And most being on 64bit now, me included, I and many others highly miss it. The little thing is brilliantly simple: easy on the cpu, very few parameters, yet 3 bands, highly usable sound and quick to get "right". If you want to quickly add some presence and fatness to a snare or single percussion samples, or bass, or kicks or whatever without taxing ram, cpu or workflow this is it. And "it" could be a perfect Uhbik! :)

Yeah, we need moar distortion! :hihi:

In the meantime, definitely check out a Uhbik Q -> Runciter -> Uhbik Q combination. You can get some cool distortion sounds with it!
It was one of my favorite uses for the Uhbik bundle!

Check out these presets I made: Download.
Place the Uhbik Q preset in front of the Runciter preset. You can also place another Uhbik Q after the Runciter to make up for the loss of low end and so on (Basically using the Uhbik Qs as pre-emphasis and de-emphasis EQs).

I'm really sad I had to sell my Uhbik bundle and ACE :(
I really miss them! Fantastic plugins!

Cheers
Dennis

Cool thanks for the tip!

Yeah I was thinking since they work on distortion now for the Zebra maybe they could give some of that love to the Uhbiks series too? :P

I love the simplicity of the little Tridirt:
Dont need balance really, but everything else here I used all the time. Its so fast to just get what you want quickly and move on.

Zebrify, eh?

trance_lucent wrote:Zebrify, eh?
Good idea, but a bit overkill for what I was looking for. Also I dont have the Zebra licence. I bought Ace, Diva and Satin this year, so I have more then enough to wrap my head arround atm. :P

U-he distortion would be cool.

The wavefolding distortions in Hive and Zebra and Bazille... All I want...

Return to “u-he”