Bug Friday - win & suffer with u-he!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No bug here. 20 instances of Satin x64 in Reaper (x64) on Windows7... Everything running smoothly after around 10 restarts+reloads of project. :)

timbesamusca wrote:I tried it in Cubase 7.06 64 bit with the 64bit VST2 version, all worked well and no Bug Friday entry in the log as well.
So the log gets written whether there's a problem or not? That's strange because there's no log on my desktop. However no issues so far with Nuendo5-64/Satin-VST3 or Cubase 7-32/Satin-VST2.both under W7-64.

Actually another question: would instantiating each plugin from the plugin list or copying the plugin from track to track using Alt-drag make a difference?

Urs wrote:Sounds good - I've started preparing a new version which checks that case too!
Standing by to try that one as well. I ran 20 tracks in Live, Studio One and Reaper last night 18 times each and I didn't get one bite. Looking for a win a little later though :) osx10.6.8

MFXxx wrote:
Urs wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Just sent it. Unfortunately where Machine2 is hanging on the loaded screen, soundcard is crashing and no crashlog produced.
Pssst... there might still be a Satin.log on your desktop 8-)
Hi urs tested 3 hosts in concession maschine being the last. Hopefully went the correct log. Out with the family at the moment so will check later over weekend.
Removed manually 3 satin dlls and vst3 from various folders.
Relaunched Maschinex64 all good, Machine runs reporting missing plugin.
Reloaded Maschine after reinstalling plugin same project.
Maschine not responding, replicating crash again no Maschine Crashlog unfortunately.

Well our VST3 journey is a different story - I highly recommend using VST2 for now.

#---

Good news, I've added a gazillion more checks. This makes the next version even slower, but there's a much better chance for a BUG FRIDAY message. And there's also a really good chance that we'll find that bugger 8)

WIll be posting new version once the build servers have munched through it!

Urs wrote:Well our VST3 journey is a different story - I highly recommend using VST2 for now.

#---

Good news, I've added a gazillion more checks. This makes the next version even slower, but there's a much better chance for a BUG FRIDAY message. And there's also a really good chance that we'll find that bugger 8)
In response to myself, I dont believe Maschine uses or supports vst3 at the moment, or does it?

Breeze wrote:
timbesamusca wrote:I tried it in Cubase 7.06 64 bit with the 64bit VST2 version, all worked well and no Bug Friday entry in the log as well.
So the log gets written whether there's a problem or not? That's strange because there's no log on my desktop. However no issues so far with Nuendo5-64/Satin-VST3 or Cubase 7-32/Satin-VST2.both under W7-64.

Actually another question: would instantiating each plugin from the plugin list or copying the plugin from track to track using Alt-drag make a difference?
Hmmm, if log isn't written... does the revison number on Satin's UI read 2085?

I don't know if Alt-drag is any different... it might be.

Do we need to uninstall the previous build?

UncleAge wrote:Do we need to uninstall the previous build?
Not necessarily, unless you want to do production work with it - in case of which I'd recommend the official 1.1

Otherwise I'd recommend to wait an hour or two until the next beta is here - there's still a very good chance to win this challenge :-)

Urs wrote:I hope we didn't run into Heisenbergness - when the probes change the result. Would be a shame if we had to leave them all in there :hihi:
Ugh. Timing variances often imply race conditions based on external stimuli. I certainly hope that is not the case here -- those are an absolute bear to root-cause.

(and still no reproduction of BUG FRIDAY in my logs...back to mining)

UPDATE: A new build, a new chance! More cpu hungry, better chance for The Bug!

Satin rev 2086 Win
Satin rev 2086 Mac

Revamp your tests, this one *MUST* work! I want a winner :clown:

Urs wrote:UPDATE: A new build, a new chance! More cpu hungry, better chance for The Bug!

Satin rev 2086 Win
Satin rev 2086 Mac

Revamp your tests, this one *MUST* work! I want a winner :clown:
Submitted issue as previously stated but with 2056...only a whinner here :)
Tried a few extra instances in Cubase 7.0.6 x64 on win8.1 x64...damn I never realised my system would be able to handle that many instances. A combo of delay, flange, studio, controller changes on every instance across all variables I could possibly try to destruct. The biggest strain was on the disk with the samples, asio hitting around realtime 25% with average laod around 60%.

No issues in Sonar X2 Producer.

Regards

Initially managed to load 20 instances of VST3 and it played fine, closed and restarted Cubase to Silence.. meters showing level but no sound.

Had it crash Cubase open loading 1 instance in another project also...

Not to concerned about the Bug Friday challenge but should I send the log to you guys? I sent one earlier aswell.

Thanks.

EDIT: Sent along with screencap.

Satin log wrote:[...]
UNEXPECTED SILENCE at processReproEQ
UNEXPECTED SILENCE at processReproEQUNEXPECTED SILENCE at processReproEQ