UNEXPECTED SILENCE at processReproEQ
[...]
...and it goes on like that for many pages. :P

Added: oh yeah, Satin works without a problem! :cry:
I get the same thing and it's still working fine on all channels. No sign of BUG FRIDAY! anywhere in the log.

Are others experiencing unproportional CPU jumps from instance to instance ?

First instance of SATIN consumes 8% on my machine. upon loading the second instance, CPU meter jumps to 25-30% (!)...

Urs wrote:
Breeze wrote: However, here's a suspicion: It may happen when a project is reopened and not all tracks start processing at once. That is, maybe some tracks are not processed right away (track isn't selected, audio starts a few bars in). Maybe the UI of such s track is open.

*sigh* if it's a threading problem and the amount of logging interferes with it... it'll be hard to find. Anyone with an 8GHz i9 machine?
That would happen to me with an Older version of Diva, when I opened some projects with Diva no sound

nice idea! :)

U-He is the best! :D

Satin working fine, but the VST3 version won't save the loaded preset in Cubase 7 or Sonar X3, but the VST2 version does. LOL ... no bug friday so far though.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I've tested it again with Build 2086 still no "bug Friday"!

Tested with both debug versions. No Bug Friday on ProTools 10 or 11 on Mac. Boo and indeed hoo!

Tp3 wrote:Are others experiencing unproportional CPU jumps from instance to instance ?

First instance of SATIN consumes 8% on my machine. upon loading the second instance, CPU meter jumps to 25-30% (!)...
same here, 8% cpu usage with one instance and added the 2nd boom 25% CPU usage and after 5 instances 100$ cpu and thats an AMD 8 core.

i gave up - need the 2nd screen for the notebook and studies.
good luck everybody.

Trancestorm wrote:
Tp3 wrote:Are others experiencing unproportional CPU jumps from instance to instance ?

same here, 8% cpu usage with one instance and added the 2nd boom 25% CPU usage and after 5 instances 100$ cpu and thats an AMD 8 core.

i gave up - need the 2nd screen for the notebook and studies.
good luck everybody.
Well, I'm not "giving up".

I have faith in the guys :tu:

I even tested with Maschine 1.7 inside of Bitwig Beta. No traces of Friday bugs here...

Urs: Willst Du die Maschine-Bitwig-Logfiles haben?

HiEnergy wrote:I even tested with Maschine 1.7 inside of Bitwig Beta. No traces of Friday bugs here...
Hmmm...
Urs: Willst Du die Maschine-Bitwig-Logfiles haben?
ja, bitte.

#----

I think we're looking at it from the wrong angle... we have 200+ testers here, and while some experience the symthoms, they're not related to the things we thought they would.

I'll put my head together with Sascha and Clemens tomorrow. Maybe we can come up with a new strategy.

Urs wrote:ja, bitte.
Urs: You may have mail. ;)

Urs,

Had it happen, but no "Bug Friday" in the log that I can find. First time one of my Satin tracks had no sound. Second time all but one of my Satin tracks had no sound, which happened to be a track where the VSTi had crashed.

Two logs sent to support@u-he.com in case they are useful.

So I guess with Monday gone, it's over now?

I've tested it in the Live 9 Suite with different arrangements, put a big strain on my 2009 MacBook Pro. But no 'Bug Friday', I also searched for 'Freitag', just to be sure! :)

Well, it seems to me that whatever we hoped to find, isn't there.

We're going to do a few things now:

- write test programs for certain areas that seemed problematic in the past
- write code to see whether muted Satin's process at all
- take all the current debug stuff out
- generalise that debug stuff for quick injection in future cases
- figure out new stress test
- evaluate freakingly expensive bug hunting software

While we do this we'll try to release Diva 1.3 and Zebra 2.7 this week. Otherwise we won't have enough time to respond to feedback before we go on vacations. If we can't get Satin to work flawless before then, we simply have to keep it at 1.1 until January.

Anyhow, there's still a good chance for an timely fix :)

Return to “u-he”