zvenx wrote:Very Proud Cubendo user here
In fairness, I have always heard grief with Wavelab, even from the first time I heard about it which was I think Wavelab 3......
Most known VST3 issues (to my 4+ years of beta testing experience):
Wavelab (VST3 since WL7, before that - everything was mostly fine):
- Audio Forward Bug (some devs have it, but then really persistent, some don't)
- GUI issues (GUI recall not working, some animations not working if no stream is applied)
CubEndo / Studio One
- sporadically not processing the audio stream
- compatibility issues (what works in host A, doesn't necessarily work in host B and visa versa)
- GUI issues (i.e. Slate Digital most recent official VBC versions, meters in VST3 versions don't work properly, sometimes GUI is not being recalled on host/project relaunch, etc)
- I had one developer where the VST3 version completely put Cubase into a grinding halt (bypassed the host insert bypass capabilities, bypass didn't work anymore, only power off)
- sometimes higher ASIO load than VST2
This is just the tip of the iceberg if we talk about VST3.
And you should know by now, I'm a proud Steinberg user as well.
So who is in the wrong? The 3rd party devs, or the host devs?