Diva 1.3, Zebra 2.7 (rev2126)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And where is the new Dark Zebra beta ?
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

geronimo wrote:And where is the new Dark Zebra beta ?
Coming in a few days.

Shifrin wrote:Tiny nitpick, but the little graphic glitch shown on the new switches in the image I posted in http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 41&start=0 (first page) are still present ;)

Shif.
Eeek, yeah. I'll discuss that with Basti on Monday, but I think we have to fix it after release...

The new presets are incredible! What a nice surprise!

Urs wrote:
Akshara wrote:On a semi-related note, you guys probably already know this, yet just want to confirm that the 32-bit VST Mac version of Diva has the unresponsive GUI issue upon opening as reported previously. This is with OS X 10.9 and Studio One 2.6.1. Otherwise everything seems to be working fine and there is an easy workaround to this issue. Love the new presets and the GUI design.

Thank you for such an inspiring update and for all of your efforts, everyone involved. Truly.
Yeah, I don't think we can do much about the 10.9 freeze. It's certainly related to using legacy Carbon code.

However, I think this round of updates will be the last one for 10.5 and we'll probably hop straight to 10.7 from there. Maybe we can drop Carbon, if all hosts were 64 bit already.
Urs, you know there is still a hell of a lot of people on 10.6.8, myself included. And many wont be able to update anytime soon, because some great legacy vst plugs won't run on newer OSX. Access and many other companies tell people to stay away from 10.9.
It would be sad if You would stop catering for 10.6.8!!

julianboyd wrote:
Urs wrote:
Akshara wrote:On a semi-related note, you guys probably already know this, yet just want to confirm that the 32-bit VST Mac version of Diva has the unresponsive GUI issue upon opening as reported previously. This is with OS X 10.9 and Studio One 2.6.1. Otherwise everything seems to be working fine and there is an easy workaround to this issue. Love the new presets and the GUI design.

Thank you for such an inspiring update and for all of your efforts, everyone involved. Truly.
Yeah, I don't think we can do much about the 10.9 freeze. It's certainly related to using legacy Carbon code.

However, I think this round of updates will be the last one for 10.5 and we'll probably hop straight to 10.7 from there. Maybe we can drop Carbon, if all hosts were 64 bit already.
Urs, you know there is still a hell of a lot of people on 10.6.8, myself included. And many wont be able to update anytime soon, because some great legacy vst plugs won't run on newer OSX. Access and many other companies tell people to stay away from 10.9.
It would be sad if You would stop catering for 10.6.8!!
Well, we're talking at least a year from now.

Thing is, Apple makes it increasingly difficult to support older OSes.

Urs wrote: Thing is, Apple makes it increasingly difficult to support older OSes.
Snow Leopard is such a rock that they're giving Mavericks away for free, and still a lot of folks don't want to budge. Good is good.

buescher wrote:
Urs wrote: Thing is, Apple makes it increasingly difficult to support older OSes.
Snow Leopard is such a rock that they're giving Mavericks away for free, and still a lot of folks don't want to budge. Good is good.
and i would not bet on it that this will change within a year.

OSX getting more and more hostile with old software is worrying for developers, increasing maintenance costs each update round.
dedication to flying

buescher wrote:
True. SL was the last MacOS X that didn't put security over user brain.

Although Snow Leopard is without doubt an awesome OS, many companies have stopped supporting it recently. Apple themselves with Logic Pro X, companies like Universal Audio, Native Instruments, Steinberg and likely many more to come.

Thanks for all of the new stuff. Lovely patches Howard.

(Is there a reason why Zebra 2.7 hasn't found my previous authorisation and has installed in demo mode?)

hakey wrote:(Is there a reason why Zebra 2.7 hasn't found my previous authorisation and has installed in demo mode?)
Hmmm. No particular reason. Maybe a bug/feature in the installer? Did it change paths or something?

Urs wrote:
hakey wrote:(Is there a reason why Zebra 2.7 hasn't found my previous authorisation and has installed in demo mode?)
Hmmm. No particular reason. Maybe a bug/feature in the installer? Did it change paths or something?
Might have done - it no longer sees my patches, so it's presumably created a new preset and/or data folder.

Urs wrote:
buescher wrote:
True. SL was the last MacOS X that didn't put security over user brain.
Since you mentioned this, how about skipping 10.7, but still care for 10.6.8 in the near future ? If people want to follow Apple's pressure of the glitzy latest and greatest, they shall do so.
For the more pro oriented folks there would still be a reliable platform available. After all U-he should cater for both target groups i would assume.
I leave it at that now. Thanks Urs.

Return to “u-he”