Diva 1.3, Zebra 2.7 (rev2126)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Totolitoto wrote:Zebra 2.7 vst2 PC 32bit
I may have a weird bug with preset saving/naming
I use a custom made init patch that I modify then save into another location but it seems that the patches are saved where the init patch was, whatever I may do...
Also I was not able to change the author's name on one of the presets (it keeps the originla name)
We'll look into that too. Do you have an exact procedure to follow to reproduce this? Like, starting from opening a new instance and so on...

Load Zebra
Load INIT patch
Modify the patch
Save in another folder (changing name and author's name)

then save again, the author's name is the same as it was when the INIT was loaded, not what it should be

I can't reproduce the wrong folder saving, though if you navigate with left/right arrows it jumps back to the folder where the first preset (IE: the INIT) was taken

Urs wrote: That's unfortunate but a bit unavoidable. We use standard Windows methods to set the key focus to controls that want it. At the moment, only the preset browser wants a key focus, so that one can browse presets with cursor keys.

For some reason unbeknownst to us, some windows in some hosts have started to behave differently, like you said. As we haven't changed the code in any significant way nor deviated from Microsoft's specifications, we assume that this flaw is something that came about in either Windows or those hosts.
OK. Then just for the record. Same focus issue for Zebra, Zebrify and ZRev in Ableton Live 9, Audition CC and iZotope RX. Cursor keys don't work there at all since 2.7. I also noticed that the extra click situation appears in other panes after I use context menus in Zebra, Zebrify and ZRev.

Totolitoto wrote:Load Zebra
Load INIT patch
Modify the patch
Save in another folder (changing name and author's name)

then save again, the author's name is the same as it was when the INIT was loaded, not what it should be

I can't reproduce the wrong folder saving, though if you navigate with left/right arrows it jumps back to the folder where the first preset (IE: the INIT) was taken
I can't reproduce any of this on Mac Carbon/Cocoa, and I ahve no Win machine at home. I'll post in to the beta team to verify on Windows.

Can't reproduce either.

Try to install Zebra again. pay attention to the install path.

Maybe it'll help.

drzhnn wrote:OK. Then just for the record. Same focus issue for Zebra, Zebrify and ZRev in Ableton Live 9, Audition CC and iZotope RX. Cursor keys don't work there at all since 2.7. I also noticed that the extra click situation appears in other panes after I use context menus in Zebra, Zebrify and ZRev.
Thanks. I guess it's a Windows 8 issue then. We'll do some tests with older versions of both our software and Windows to se what's going on.

We'll definitely keep an eye on this as we also want to improve key input on Sonar and Samplitude.

Updated versions of Zebra and Diva? Yummy.

And excellent timing too. ;)

Tp3 wrote:Can't reproduce either.

Maybe it'll help.

Ok, I did that and it's working fine now
The first time I didn't install the presets, only the dll
Maybe there's something to look for...

Cheers
David

Totolitoto wrote:
Tp3 wrote:Can't reproduce either.

Maybe it'll help.

Ok, I did that and it's working fine now
The first time I didn't install the presets, only the dll
Maybe there's something to look for...

Cheers
David
:tu: :)

:phew:

(we'll keep an eye on it though)

Sorry for the false alarm :oops:

On a semi-related note, you guys probably already know this, yet just want to confirm that the 32-bit VST Mac version of Diva has the unresponsive GUI issue upon opening as reported previously. This is with OS X 10.9 and Studio One 2.6.1. Otherwise everything seems to be working fine and there is an easy workaround to this issue. Love the new presets and the GUI design.

Thank you for such an inspiring update and for all of your efforts, everyone involved. Truly.

yeah I never thought there was left pane folder functionality that would be cool though. I used to be able to click on any preset anywhere and just press up and down, now I have to click on left folder press right then I can use up and down arrows. If I click with mouse button any preset I have to do all over again it didn't use to be this way?

Akshara wrote:On a semi-related note, you guys probably already know this, yet just want to confirm that the 32-bit VST Mac version of Diva has the unresponsive GUI issue upon opening as reported previously. This is with OS X 10.9 and Studio One 2.6.1. Otherwise everything seems to be working fine and there is an easy workaround to this issue. Love the new presets and the GUI design.

Thank you for such an inspiring update and for all of your efforts, everyone involved. Truly.
Yeah, I don't think we can do much about the 10.9 freeze. It's certainly related to using legacy Carbon code.

However, I think this round of updates will be the last one for 10.5 and we'll probably hop straight to 10.7 from there. Maybe we can drop Carbon, if all hosts were 64 bit already.

Tiny nitpick, but the little graphic glitch shown on the new switches in the image I posted in http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 41&start=0 (first page) are still present ;)

Shif.
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Return to “u-he”