Latest Builds (rev 2228) (Apr 9th)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

3ee wrote:
pdxindy wrote:the new modmapper functions are fantastic!!
:tu:

missing one simple, important one tho :D ..the ability for .x values (finetune)
Yes, it does need the fine tune...

pdxindy wrote:
3ee wrote:
pdxindy wrote:the new modmapper functions are fantastic!!
:tu:

missing one simple, important one tho :D ..the ability for .x values (finetune)
Yes, it does need the fine tune...
It's supposed to be there, but it doesn't work :oops:

3ee wrote:Also, BIG UP! for the browser tweak not having all sub-folders open when opening a folder. :clap:
Yep, that's different. Unfortunately it doesn't exactly work the same way when refreshing the folder list. I haven't quite worked out why.

Are there any GUI changes in any of the products, Urs?

Just so I know if I'll have to prepare dealing with those pesky .txt files again. :P

Very cool! Eager to play with the new version of Diva and ACE :)

Noticed this in the first post, and couldnt work out if these were actually new or not without digging back about 4 pages of posts. Got to be slightly confusing for somebody else other than me, might be worth mentioning to Ben.

"Last edited by Urs on 20 Dec 2013 17:49, edited 7 times in total."
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Urs wrote:We still haven't any idea why some people experience excessive CPU
Any news about this phenomenon ?...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I'm still getting the folders permission issue on 10.8.5 when installing

whyterabbyt wrote:Noticed this in the first post, and couldnt work out if these were actually new or not without digging back about 4 pages of posts. Got to be slightly confusing for somebody else other than me, might be worth mentioning to Ben.

"Last edited by Urs on 20 Dec 2013 17:49, edited 7 times in total."
Eeek. Indeed.

I also need to shorten the introduction paragraph...

taoyoyo wrote:I'm still getting the folders permission issue on 10.8.5 when installing
Hmmm. All plugs? Or certain ones?

Only VST2?

Tp3 wrote:
Urs wrote:We still haven't any idea why some people experience excessive CPU
Any news about this phenomenon ?...
If you have a log file, it'll log actual CPU usage into it. This is mostly useful for Satin and Uhbiks at the moment. The logging itself may cause drop outs as long as the log file is present, but teh CPU usuage reported will be accurate.

I'm also working on a detailed reporting tool that takes number of voices, multicore settings and such into account, as well as logging CPU type and speed. This tool will furthermore run a bunch of tests and benchmarks. Unfortunately I haven't finished it yet, but it'll become a vital part of our upcoming customer support strategy.

In other words, we'll be building a database of CPU Types and performance measurements. We'll furthermore test different compilers and compiler settings.

Thing is, we'ev benchmarked all compilers on Mac that we've ever used (gcc, llvm gcc, clang) and the latest 5.1 Apple LLVM compiler creates by far the fastest code - on i7 and 2011 Xeon processors. We have not yet benchmarked this on Core 2 Duos, i5 or other systems we might have around.

- Urs

Urs wrote:If you have a log file, it'll log actual CPU usage into it.
But this version (2211) doesn't have log generator built into it, right ? (or am I missing it ?...)

I'll be more then happy to send you guys my log.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Urs wrote:
taoyoyo wrote:I'm still getting the folders permission issue on 10.8.5 when installing

Only VST2?
VST2 (only installing this format, so can't vouch for the others).

I installed in alphabetical order (so ACE first, then Diva, then Filterscape… which when I noticed). They all install into the same u-he folder so hard to say if one or all were the culprit.

Tp3 wrote:
Urs wrote:If you have a log file, it'll log actual CPU usage into it.
But this version (2211) doesn't have log generator built into it, right ? (or am I missing it ?...)

I'll be more then happy to send you guys my log.
If e.g. you would like to check Satin's exact CPU usage on your computer, you'd create an empty text file named "Satin.log" on your desktop, and you're good to go. Start your host, add an instance (or many) of Satin and off you go.

If for instance the tenth Satin is perceived to cause havoc then there'll be a lot of lines showing excessive CPU usage. If there's no such line, and all Satins behave moderately, then we might need to look into the combination of processor, host and setup for that sudden increase in CPU (which is what we'll try to achieve by the reporting tool).

taoyoyo wrote:
Urs wrote:

Only VST2?
VST2 (only installing this format, so can't vouch for the others).

I installed in alphabetical order (so ACE first, then Diva, then Filterscape… which when I noticed). They all install into the same u-he folder so hard to say if one or all were the culprit.
Our intern just ran into this with ACE on a virgin machine.

So, no tampering with permisisons results in a locked folder. Nice one :cry:

I'll add postinstall scripts back into installers and see which one fixes it.

Return to “u-he”