Latest Builds (rev 2228) (Apr 9th)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New builds are up for grabs in 1st post 8)

Changes since 2129
  • AAX updates UI on preset change
  • new compiler suite on Mac
  • new memory management (may crash, but leads to safer future)
  • a bunch of memory leaks fixed
  • many, many little bugs fixed (too many to mention, but most are really just "better coding style")
  • might not do MIDI Program Changes (but may prevent rare crashes)
  • no fix for VST2 Win arrow key preset browsing (hopefully by Friday)
  • ZebraCM included in public testing till after x-mas (get it now!)

ZebraHZ update some time between tomorrow and Friday… too late for me know, need dinner.

Does CM have or do stuff that the full Zebra doesn't have or do?
rsp
sound sculptist

Is it just me or this newer Zebra CM uses a notch more CPU?
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Urs wrote:ZebraHZ update some time between tomorrow and Friday… too late for me know, need dinner.
8) Great!

My first bug report for any u-he plugin, but there's always a first one:

Diva and Satin rev2150win32vst2 crashes eXT2.6 when trying to
save ('Overwrite' or 'Back-up+Save') a preset.

Same for SaviHost1.42 which generates this;
Rev2150win32vst2 for ACE and Zebra(demo) is ok though.
Rev2129win32vst2 for ALL, works ok.
Nothing in the Diva.log or Satin.log (desktop)

Tested on Win8x64, i5 cpu.

Trivia varning: :zzz:
Once I'm confident they behave reasonably as expected, only then
will plugins and updates end up on my studio computer (win7x64 i7).
Have saved me a lot trouble over the years.

Hi, can you send us a Diva.log right after that crash? Or is it *empty*? :-o

(pretty sure it's a memory access violation though)

The log-file is empty. Sorry.

Am I correct that it should be a .txt file named Diva.log?
PluginName.log.txt , not a text file with a .log extension right?

nBeat wrote:PluginName.log.txt (...) right?
Wrong. :)

The file needs to have the extension .log, so if there is a .txt extension after the .log it won't work. It needs to be Diva.log, not Diva.log.txt
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Eh, I changed the extension to .log (Diva.log) and now there data. :wink:
I send it to your support.

Btw. yesterday we had the glorious idea to add a function to our link button (usually the logo in a GUI) which could generate a plug-in.log file on the desktop, if it isn't there already. Will do that in January or so.

Hi Urs,

Thanks a lot for the Zebra and ZebraHZ updates! It's very nice to get regular updates for my "desert island" synth!

I'll report some bugs that is somewhat problematic (for me at least), and some minor old GUI issues that I have a fix for.
I'm using the Windows VST 2 versions in Samplitude 11 on Win XP. Yes, there are actually a couple of XP users left still.. :lol:

1- The overall color scheme in version 2.7 is changed somehow, and I'm not thinking of the script files and png files. The GUI is darker and more satured overall, almost as if there's an overlay that changes the look. It happens with all skins and this is a major concern if you make your own skin as you can't know what the skin files will look like in the plugin. What you see in Photoshop (or similar) is not what you get...and it takes a LOT of work to redo all the graphics file to compensate for that.

Here's a comparison between 2.6 (1559 I think) and the latest 2150 revison. You'll see that 2150 is clearly darker and more saturated compared to the older version which renders the images exactly as they were created:

http://tobben-audio.com/temp/uhe/z-darker.png

2- The OSC1 module is always placed at the bottom in ZebraHZ (revision 2132) when browsing presets. No problem in Zebra though.

3- An old issue with a new twist: The folder sorting is out of order (doesn't follow an alphabetic order such as the preset list does). In 2.7 the order is turned upside down, but the sorting is still a mess. In fact identical, just the opposite way. Maybe there's a trick that I don't know about that can trigger proper sorting? If yes, I'd really like to know what to do about it.

4- You already know about the non working arrow keys in the preset pane. I'll just add Samplitude 11 to the list of non working hosts. I'll also add that the Spacebar is not working when saving/naming presets. This is an old issue and I copy a space to clipboard and paste in when needed. Not a biggie, just slightly annoying when you start playback every time you forget. :)

And now for the minor glitches in the GUI:

1- Both module racks on the Synthesis page tend to leave a one pixel "ghost trail" at the bottom whenever you switch to/from a preset that triggers the scrollbars. Happens in all versions that I know of. See the arrow in this screenshot for an example:

http://tobben-audio.com/temp/uhe/z-ghost.png

This is easily fixed as the pane hights are just slightly off in the height parameter. These two lines makes it pixel perfect:

CONTROL type='Rack' name='Rack 404' bounds='2.00 42.00 298.00 386.00' parent='Top Panel' layerMask='2'
CONTROL type='Rack' name='Rack 413' bounds='525.00 42.00 298.00 386.00' parent='Top Panel' layerMask='2'

The original height (bottom) value was 384.00 and that was just a bit too short, causing the "ghosting" issue.

2- This one is tiny, but I'll add it since it's very easy to fix. The subpanes in the Comb modules have a visible rectangle:

http://tobben-audio.com/temp/uhe/z-comb.png

Fix:
CONTROL type='Pane' name='CombSubPane' bounds='60.00 83.00 221.00 42.00' parent='Pane 1162' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='CombSubPane' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='CombSubPane' name='colours' id='1' value='none' [value='none' used to be value='defaultBorder']

CONTROL type='Pane' name='Pane 3505' bounds='60.00 83.00 221.00 42.00' parent='Pane 3504' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='Pane 3505' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Pane 3505' name='colours' id='1' value='none' [value='none' used to be value='defaultBorder']

It's only the value parameter in the third line that needs to be adjusted, but I posted the 3 first lines to get some context. The brackets are exclusively an explanation and should not be included if anyone else tries these fixes. It shouldn't hurt, but it won't do anything useful either.

Hope this makes sense... :)
And please say hello to Sascha! I guess he might remember my "nitpicking" from the Samplitude days... :-D

Best regards,
Tobben
Last edited by Tobben on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Please ignore this post. Just a hiccup... :-)

Tobben wrote:2- The OSC1 module is always placed at the bottom in ZebraHZ (revision 2132) when browsing presets. No problem in Zebra though.
Confirmed.

EDIT: Hm, played around with it, somehow the modules seem to have no special order.
Can be re-arranged by clicking the spaces in between them, though.
Tobben wrote:3- An old issue with a new twist: The folder sorting is out of order (doesn't follow an alphabetic order such as the preset list does). In 2.7 the order is turned upside down, but the sorting is still a mess.
Can't confirm on OSX, Win8, Win7. All sorted 0-9 A-Z as expected.
Tobben wrote:Spacebar is not working when saving/naming presets. This is an old issue and I copy a space to clipboard and paste in when needed. Not a biggie, just slightly annoying when you start playback every time you forget. :)
AFAIK this is not a plugin-related issue but depends on the host's settings and behaviour.
Tobben wrote:1- Both module racks on the Synthesis page tend to leave a one pixel "ghost trail" at the bottom whenever you switch to/from a preset that triggers the scrollbars.
Confirmed.
Tobben wrote:The subpanes in the Comb modules have a visible rectangle:
Confirmed, ZebraHZ only.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Hi Rob :-)
#rob wrote:
Tobben wrote:2- The OSC1 module is always placed at the bottom in ZebraHZ (revision 2132) when browsing presets. No problem in Zebra though.
Confirmed.

EDIT: Hm, played around with it, somehow the modules seem to have no special order.
Can be re-arranged by clicking the spaces in between them, though.
Yes, re-arranging works fine, and OSC1 may stay on top for a little while once it's selected (or e.g OSC2 is selected). However, it seems to be very inconsistent, and it's back to OSC1 at the bottom again once I close and re-open the GUI.
Tobben wrote:3- An old issue with a new twist: The folder sorting is out of order (doesn't follow an alphabetic order such as the preset list does). In 2.7 the order is turned upside down, but the sorting is still a mess.
Can't confirm on OSX, Win8, Win7. All sorted 0-9 A-Z as expected.
Wow..very strange, it's always been out of order here as far as I can recall. But..this inspired me to experiment a bit further. I moved out all the presets and initialized Zebra with no presets, and then I move everything back and initialized Zebra again. That actually made the sorting correct in 2.7. I had partial success with 2.6 as well, but not for the nested folders. All main folders are correct now, but the subfolders are reversed as in Z to A.
http://tobben-audio.com/temp/uhe/z-folders.png
Anyhow, it's way better than it was, and I'll keep trying... :-)
Tobben wrote:Spacebar is not working when saving/naming presets. This is an old issue and I copy a space to clipboard and paste in when needed. Not a biggie, just slightly annoying when you start playback every time you forget. :)
AFAIK this is not a plugin-related issue but depends on the host's settings and behaviour.
Yes, it's indeed partially host related at least. I have other plugins with the same issue in Samplitude, but I also have plugins that does work with spacebar. Might be related to whether the plugin uses it's own interface or the Windows/Explorer dialogs. Just guessing now as I can't recall if it's consistent, but that's the first thing that comes to mind right now.
Tobben wrote:The subpanes in the Comb modules have a visible rectangle:
Confirmed, ZebraHZ only.
It's actually in Zebra as well, but it's almost impossible to detect it with the default skin due to the color scheme. :-)

Return to “u-he”