Diva expiration glitch (Hotfix released)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so a simple date changing back to 11-11-13 would make the old diva still run?
well then.

thanks for the new build!

ooh forgot to confirm.

haven't fully tested but thus far,
vst2, 10.7.5 in Cubase 7.5
and vst2, Windows 7 64bit SP1, Nuendo 7.

It is working.
rsp
sound sculptist

Good!

But the permissions on OSX is off the wall again. The U-he folder in the VST folder the new Diva installer creates doesn't include either the administrator nor the current user in its permissions. It's easy to fix manually - but I ran into this problem with the last beta as well so I thought telling you about it. The 1.3 version didn't behave like that though. So just the last 1.3 beta and the 1.3.1.

(OSX 10.6.8)

/C
Last edited by DrGonzo on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I was reading this and thought ha ha not happing to me and just loaded Live 9 up and ther it is expires nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
New version works :) thanks for the quick fix.

Oh I'm using Live 9 64bit with Windows 8 64bit.
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrGonzo wrote:But the permissions on OSX is off the wall again.
Yup, that code wasn't touched yet. We haven't fully understood what happened to the installer, I think a fix for one flaw simply caused another (as so often). We'll figure it out :)

- Urs

Kaboom75 wrote:I was reading this and thought ha ha not happing to me and just loaded Live 9 up and ther it is expires

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Oh I'm using Live 9 64bit with Windows 8 64bit.
Exactly my case...

So I'll C\P :

I was reading this and thought "ha ha not happening to me !! ", then loaded Cubase 7.5 up and there it is : "Demo expired".

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Oh I'm using Cubase 6.5/7.5 with Windows 7 64bit.

8)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

ZenPunkHippy wrote:The Win version installs / registers / runs OK too.

The installer .exe is named "Diva130Winstaller", and refers to 1.30 on the first page - not a big deal. The GUI says 1.3.1 rev 2165.
Let's have a beer soon!
Yes, that's a good idea! :cool:
Is there a hidden bond between developers of products that carry the name of an animal ?... :lol:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Wow got hit with this one today, unaware there was an issue, nearly had a heart attack. In the middle of printing a mix !!!! All works now tx
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:Wow got hit with this one today, unaware there was an issue, nearly had a heart attack. In the middle of printing a mix !!!! All works now tx
Sorry we didn't send a newsletter - when it happened I was expecting hundreds of support emails about this, so we quickly posted an article on the website, created this thread and so on.

However, once the fix was up and ready for a newsletter, things were very calm. I think because the message links to our homepage, and because there's just the information one would expect ("Diva Hotfix Update"), hardly anyone actually writes to us. Hence we didn't do a newsletter.

Hmmm… maybe we should do one anyway…?

- Urs

Urs wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:Wow got hit with this one today, unaware there was an issue, nearly had a heart attack. In the middle of printing a mix !!!! All works now tx
Sorry we didn't send a newsletter - when it happened I was expecting hundreds of support emails about this, so we quickly posted an article on the website, created this thread and so on.

However, once the fix was up and ready for a newsletter, things were very calm. I think because the message links to our homepage, and because there's just the information one would expect ("Diva Hotfix Update"), hardly anyone actually writes to us. Hence we didn't do a newsletter.

Hmmm… maybe we should do one anyway…?

- Urs
I actually came here straight away and spotted it, downloaded and back up in 5 mins. Its that initial OMG when you see it and think its a bigger issue than it really is. :D
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

It's back!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:It's back!
Huh? In which way?

Can't confirm here, Aiynzahev.

Yep, in the exact same way as before.

I'll load up a new project and see if it happens again. I am using the latest version, VST3 (I know, I should be using VST2.4)

I'll let you know.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Working fine at my end......make sure you have the right build number.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”