Diva does Mozart ;)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First off, I have to say that the reason for my posting this has nothing to do with Micheal Kastrup's remarkable achievement with voices on Zebra (Kudos on that!). A few days before his post, I was working on some presets for the Obxd OBX simulator and I came upon a pretty nice singing voice sound with the filter. I managed to emulate it on Diva with the Uhbie filter. thought Mozart's Queen of the Night aria would make a neat vehicle for it, and started putting it together. So I was really surprised when Michael posted.

Anyway, for your entertainment: W.A.Mozart's Queen of the Night aria from the Magic Flute featuring Diva and the Zebra Orchestra. ;) Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/angelz/u-he-diva ... ms-mozarts

I've included the preset below. I can't seem to find the preset I used for the orchestra (not mine) because for some reason when I reloaded the project the Zebra patch was fine but the preset name and any comments were not available. :shrug: This is with the VST2-64 version. Maybe someone can help me pinpoint it: the last XY controller on the Perform window says "Read Me" and under it "MW = Brilliance" & "AT = Vibrato". Howard's?

The arrangement was from a piano chart, so apologies to the conoscenti... I used one instance of Diva, one instance of Zebra, Uhbik-A for the reverb. A little low-pass overall and some eq on the SFX. The patch was modded somewhat in the DAW (the fast tempo required shorter envs). Here's the patch: The Diva

Brill
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Bravo! Bravo!! :clap: :clap:

Remarkable. I did enjoy that!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Yes, that Zebra preset seems to be one of mine (because of AT= etc..). Nice version, BTW :tu:

Nice.

pdxindy wrote:Bravo! Bravo!! :clap: :clap:
Ahem ... that would be "brav-a". Don't you know anything? :hihi:

Beautiful. :)

Breeze wrote:First off, I have to say that the reason for my posting this has nothing to do with Micheal Kastrup's remarkable achievement with voices on Zebra (Kudos on that!).
Where is that?

Thanks, guys. It was fun to do. ;)
Howard wrote:Yes, that Zebra preset seems to be one of mine (because of AT= etc..). Nice version, BTW :tu:
Thanks Howard. Still having a hell of a time finding it. I saved a copy from the project, but I'm wondering if I didn't somehow erase the original. :shrug:
aMUSEd wrote:Where is that?
This!
Last edited by Breeze on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That was a real nice DIVA you made there and yep the strings must originate from Howard in some way, he is evil with strings and hard to beat in that area :)

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Very good!

P.s. But the dinamic is kind of flat. The real classical music has a very big dinamic.
https://слово-божье.рф

Finally had time to listen. Delightful!!!

chilly7 wrote:Very good!

P.s. But the dinamic is kind of flat. The real classical music has a very big dinamic.
You're absolutely right! I did this on a lark, as quickly as possible. I didn't even use the original score, just a piano arrangement and all the parts were played by the same Zebra patch! The original render was slightly more dynamic but SoundCloud seemed to do something to the dynamics of the track (maybe it just normalized it); whatever it did, I didn't have much time to investigate so I compressed the track, losing what dynamic was there... :shrug: But yes, the use of dynamics is still the one place where classical music still reigns supreme.

mkastrup wrote:That was a real nice DIVA you made there and yep the strings must originate from Howard in some way, he is evil with strings and hard to beat in that area :)

/Michael
Thanks Michael, but it doesn't compare with the vocal work you've done on Zebra. I'm looking forward to taking a closer look at that! Thanks for your generosity in sharing the patches.

And yes, it is Howard's excellent work: it's in the stock 2.5 presets and called "Lord of the Strings"! Clearly no need for modesty here. ;)

Return to “u-he”