Automation differences between ACE 11 demo and 12 full version (FIXED, thanks ;-)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought ACE the other day as I had what an interesting thing going with automating the demoversion (ACE11), or at least I thought so myself. I updated to the latest version (ACE12) before I registered, but after reopening the project in FL Studio all automation now referred to other parameters and it came out all wrong. :cry: What used to be automation of the LFO rate now automated LFO phase etc. I hope the "old" version I used was the one that got it right and the new one will be corrected (fingers crossed).. I could probably install the "old" version again but offcourse unless something is done about this I'll have the same problem later down the line.

I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit, using 32-bit ACE in 32-bit FL Studio 11.04.

Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone out there that's been using ACE for a little while that could check if they too get differences with automation between ACE 11 and ACE 12? :help:
Last edited by Gone soft on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yeah…

We had a bunch of problems preserving the parameter structure in ACE. If I recall correctly, when we released 1.1 we had accidentally sneaked a parameter in that would offset all sorts of automation. There was a hotfix update to 1.1.1 (I think) which fixed that, but which due to circumstance (family tragedy) wasn't ever released officially. Only a few members on KVR had access to it, buried in a thread. The issue was resolved through customisable parameter lists in a text file.

Those customisable parameter lists were buggy and turned out to not work in 1.2 anymore - which we became aware of long after 1.2 was the most installed version of ACE and the de facto standard, even though the parameter layout again differed from 1.0 and 1.1

The reason for this is the voice management which is reused in Tyrell and Diva, which had features added that unfortunately also added automatable parametrers right in the middle of the list.

As this began to become a reoccurring source of annoyance, we have now hard-coded some parameter management options that let us add new parameters at the end of the list, even if the module is somewhere in the middle of the structure. We also added a check into the build process that would make building a plug-in fail with an error if the parameter structure had changed. It (hopefully) can't happen again.

Our former head of support also learned to fix automation tracks in all hosts known to man and walked numerous people through it for the 1.2 update. Unfortunately he isn't with us anymore, but I'm sure Rob can do the same.

So, officially and finally, 1.2 is the parameter list to go with.

Ok, thanks for explaining it so thoroughly. Sort of an outdated problem then, for the overwhelming majority of probably equally exctatic ACE explorers. ;) I need to learn how to copy automation for use with another parameter in FL Studio anyway, so I'll see if I can get some help on one forum or other as their user manual usually makes surprisingly little sense to me...

Return to “u-he”