Latest Builds: Rev 2242 April 13

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

no problem for me with VST2 - don't know how others see that.

Seems to me a wise decision to make VST3 optional.

Also crashes Wavosaur (Zebrify) ... I use ASIO4ALL ...

We think it might be a file permission issue. The installer somehow randomly creates read only folders on Win 8. We will investigate that.

Urs wrote:We think it might be a file permission issue. The installer somehow randomly creates read only folders on Win 8. We will investigate that.
I have manually set the files permissions of ALL files to "Full Control", still getting the crashes.

@asseca:

I have the latest Wavosaur 32-bit running on a Win8 virtual machine with ASIO4ALL, latest Zebrify in the VST Rack and active processing ... runs like a charm.
What do you do to make it crash?
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:@asseca:
I have the latest Wavosaur 32-bit running on a Win8 virtual machine with ASIO4ALL, latest Zebrify in the VST Rack and active processing ... runs like a charm.
What do you do to make it crash?
No idea why it crashes certain hosts, doing nothing "special, just use menu>Tools>VST>VST Rack>Load VST>Select Zebrify.dll and crash ... when replacing ONLY Zebrify.dll+Zebra.dll with rev2157 all 32-bit hosts work fine.

Well, I don't know what's different on your system, apart from it probably not being a virtual machine, but my Win8 installation is just "out of the box", untampered with. And I really can't reproduce the crashes, latest Zebrify loads and zebrifies quite happily in Wavosaur 1.1, no crashes.

What keeps you from updating Wavosaur from 1.0.8 to 1.1?
At lot regarding VST hosting seems to have changed since.
http://www.wavosaur.com/history.php

Will now check the others.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

OK, I have just installed Windows7 32-bit on this machine, re-installed Zebra2 and Podolski rev 2242.

Still crashes eXT v1.4 and Chainer (demo) still ignores these plugins.

Then replaced Zebra2.dll with the rev 2157 and eXT v1.4 and Chainer then works fine.

VstHost 32-bit works fine with both rev 2157 and rev 2242.

Thanks for the mac os permissions fix.
Installing now.
:)

mcnoone wrote:Thanks for the mac os permissions fix.
Installing now.
I hope it works :)

Urs wrote:
Installing now.
It didn't fix the permissions on my mac os 10.6.8.
Still the same as before.
All the U-he plugins and presets folders have read&write permissions for just these 3.
_unknown
_staff
_everyone
On install it gives no choice of who to install it for.
It just lists "everyone on this computer"
No _admin or _mac user name permissions.
I also can't change the first in the list from _unknown.
I mean I can't delete it, or change it.

mcnoone wrote:
Urs wrote:
Installing now.
All the U-he plugins and presets folders have read&write permissions for just these 3.
_unknown
_staff
_everyone
Hmmm, okay. I officially hate the Mac installer.

We might need to look into this *after* releasing these updates. We might need to use a different system (drop packageMaker, user pkgbuild and productbuild). It's IMHO more important that the crash bugs are resolved and that those versions get out asap.

mcnoone wrote:
Urs wrote:
Installing now.
_unknown
_staff
_everyone
That is weird... It was not that long ago that I was still using 10.6.8 and didn't have that problem. Now I'm on 10.9.2 so cannot check anymore. Anyone else still using 10.6.8 and can check?

How many user accounts do you have on that computer? Is the account you use an Admin account?

For me, the first is never unknown, but always my user account name.

Urs wrote: Hmmm, okay. I officially hate the Mac installer.

We might need to look into this *after* releasing these updates. We might need to use a different system (drop packageMaker, user pkgbuild and productbuild). It's IMHO more important that the crash bugs are resolved and that those versions get out asap.
I'm gonna try to move up to os 10.7x soon.
Just waiting to be able to add 4gb of ram memory with it.
It might just be a problem with 10.6, and 10.5
This post is of another user with the same issue, (as I had the red - sign through the folder at that rev time, as well. He mentions in an older post that he is using 10.5x.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5641575

Hmm, I'll keep another eye one it. There's a few more options.

Other than that, we haven't managed to test our builds from yesterday, so we need to wait with an upload till after Easter.

On a positive note, I managed to improve the look of font rendering on Windows, I added an option to not antialias text and there are now 5 levels of screen gamma for the editor to chose from :)

Return to “u-he”