Satin and Presswerk

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

Is there some news about a new Satin update ?

I remember reading about improvements in the delay mode. With values display in the GUI with the sync mode, like note values : 1/16, 1/16d, 1/16t and so on...

Also, any word about Presswerk development ?

Keep doing the best. Nice weekend to you all !

The latest version fo Satin is available for testing here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=409030

Read the notes though!

Presswerk will go public once it's ready to go there. When this will be, no-one at u-he knows. It's shaping up nicely, but so was Bazille a year ago and that took at least another year to get there :oops:

Alright. Thanks for the reply Urs.

Enjoy your weekend !

Hey hey !

Just checking on Presswerk.

Still shaping up nicely ;) ?

Bazille is the next in line, Presswerk took the back seat.

EvilDragon wrote:Bazille is the next in line, Presswerk took the back seat.
As it's mostly Sascha working on it, I thought he was still doing progress besides the Bazille development.

Presswerk is very close to final. We need to work on cosmetics (knob scaling) and then we need to try Presswerk in production.

Bazille is technically finished too. We're going to seed sound designers soon.

Both undergo bugfixes and fine tuning before public beta testing.

Primarily though we're working on a maintenance update for virtually anything, including Satin. We've deployed a plethora of "plug-in breaking techniques" to prepare our stuff for unforeseeable events. There's so many causes for random glitches on today's multicore machines and multithreaded hosts - code that's worked fine for a decade suddenly starts to act up. It's a big challenge to prep things for any eventuality.

Btw. Sascha wrote the spring reverb in Bazille. That's a major development which might deserve to be released as a plug-in of its own...

Urs wrote:Presswerk is very close to final. We need to work on cosmetics (knob scaling) and then we need to try Presswerk in production.

Bazille is technically finished too. We're going to seed sound designers soon.

Both undergo bugfixes and fine tuning before public beta testing.

Primarily though we're working on a maintenance update for virtually anything, including Satin. We've deployed a plethora of "plug-in breaking techniques" to prepare our stuff for unforeseeable events. There's so many causes for random glitches on today's multicore machines and multithreaded hosts - code that's worked fine for a decade suddenly starts to act up. It's a big challenge to prep things for any eventuality.

Btw. Sascha wrote the spring reverb in Bazille. That's a major development which might deserve to be released as a plug-in of its own...
Good to know ! Seems I may end up buying everything Sascha creates.

If you need one more Samplitude tester, I'm there. Ready to smash any audio material :hyper: !

Urs wrote:Btw. Sascha wrote the spring reverb in Bazille. That's a major development which might deserve to be released as a plug-in of its own...
Exciting :)
Deep N' Dusty House Grooves !!!
Artist: http://soundcloud.com/nigel
Label: http://soundcloud.com/diplopiarecords

So....Urs...any news regarding Presswerk?

33tetragammon wrote:So....Urs...any news regarding Presswerk?
We're currently trying to figure out how to do external side chaining in some hosts. Seems like Cubase will be left out until we get back to VST3 development, pretty much all other hosts support it with VST2 :-?

Myself I'm currently caught up with Bazille. My input will be needed to do some UI improvements for Presswerk before we can go beta. Thus a beta should not be expected until after Bazille is released.

Patience is a virtue, again and again ;)...

Urs wrote:
33tetragammon wrote:So....Urs...any news regarding Presswerk?
We're currently trying to figure out how to do external side chaining in some hosts. Seems like Cubase will be left out until we get back to VST3 development, pretty much all other hosts support it with VST2 :-?

Myself I'm currently caught up with Bazille. My input will be needed to do some UI improvements for Presswerk before we can go beta. Thus a beta should not be expected until after Bazille is released.
Cool, thanks! Take your time.....No rush here, just wanted to know how it was going.

That spring-reverb would make an awesome Uhbik..jussayin ;)

j79 wrote:That spring-reverb would make an awesome Uhbik..jussayin ;)
Toying with such an idea...

Return to “u-he”