u-he pricing demystified

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I thought "u-he pricing demystified" was an explanation why all prices at u-he is in $ exept ACE
which is priced in €.

Pricing ACE in Euro was an experiment ;)

As mentioned earlier, I was saving for an RME Fireface UFX and that was paid for yesterday and I had enough left over afterwards for Diva so I've just gone and made the purchase.
I'm really looking forward to using Diva with my new RME interface when it arrives. In fact, one of the main reasons for purchasing the RME was for its low latency performace and specifically so I could use Diva and Bazille integrated with my hardware vintage synths. Hybrid is definitely the way to go for me. I now have the tactile advantage of real analog hardware and the polyphony, accuracy and patch saving ability of Diva and Bazille. I am one happy u-he customer!
Thanks Urs!

If ACE is only $85 and Diva is $179, does that mean ACE sounds only half as good as Diva…?
priceless quote/question.

its really strange what some people ask sometimes.

Just made my second u-he purchase and I'm now a license holder for Diva and Bazille.

could this handle Berlin Modular?

Yes - this is what Berlin Modular is being developed on ;)

From what Borg ship did they extract that thing? :hihi:

That's the silliest question I've heard this week. Admittedly, we're only in Monday, so the week is young, but I have a feeling that assertion will hold :)

... just so long as I stay away from Youtube Comments.
Yeah, really. Youtube is where I go when I start feeling too positive about the state of the human race. :dog:

outland
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

How much longer is the introductory price on Bazille?

overhishead wrote:How much longer is the introductory price on Bazille?
Until official release, and then a fortnight or so.

Hi Urs,

Have you experimented with harnessing all the power that is those two GPU units on the new MacPro? I'm a long time developer (with Lotus, IBM, SAP and others, 30+ years) and I just bought one of the new Pro's for my music studio and as a development system. Yes, the machines are fast, but then again so is my Haswell Retina MacBook Pro. The thing that really excites me about the Pro is the amount of processing power that locked up inside those 2 graphics cards. Yes they are obviously great for video applications but I can see them having a lot of use in calculation intensive operations for music applications.

I've been learning OpenCL and getting to know the internals of those processors. I can already see some interesting applications for things like convolution but I'm always looking for others ideas and experiences from other developers.

I've done a lot of work I the past on graphics software and communication. I've very aware of the challenges In designing and implementing multithreaded software.

So to get a machine that will handle something like you imagine is Berlin Modular is parallel processing on GPUs going to be the answer or is it just going to be a matter of brute force, ie more cores and faster clock speeds?

Regards,
Doug

When more people move up to new Mac Pros, and their is more processing power available.. Then u-he will REALLY shine..

My dream for a while was to invest in analog modular software.. I had a lot in the 70's and 80's.. There are some amazing analog modular synths. Eurorack stuff for instance.. I hope with more processing, u-he will build some unique modules for Ace, Bazille, or enhanced future Bazille.. You might consider if possible that software modules can be build and added separately..

For instance I want to build a complex arrangement of several sequencer modules, entertained and communicating with each other like I did in the 70's with several different analog synth systems and 4 sequencers, cross pollinating each other..

I really look forward to that..

Is the price for the new HIVE synth already set and can we already preorder?

Oops nevermind, just found it on the website :oops: ($99 preorder, but for me excl. 21% BTW: EUR 18.20 :x )
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Uuuhhh... yes. I wanted to buy Zebra 2 (and the dark Zebra) a while ago and noticed that trough the strong $ and the falling € it raised up from about 190€ to 220€. Seems it will raise up more and more. We europeans are in a bad position :cry:
Just hope this turns back in near future :?

Return to “u-he”