Bazille Patch Competition (submission closed)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

Bass patches:
Last edited by Mr. Bit on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>< -- >< -- >< -- <> -- >> -- << -- >--<

Doesn't really fit with any of the comp categories... but here's a quick 'n' dirty, uber-synthy, bazille choir

bazille choir

EdHarvey wrote:Doesn't really fit with any of the comp categories... but here's a quick 'n' dirty, uber-synthy, bazille choir

bazille choir
Fab! There will be another competition... soon 8)

speaking of which... submissions end in 21 hours!

Send us your patches - today - :)

I can promise already that this has had a great turnaround with a huge variety of patches. Still, with 20 prizes there's a great chance to win!

I keep ending up with beautiful PD pads. They do not really fit any of the four categories. Will there be a pad category in a future contest? Though they are based on PD I wouldn't exactly call them "innovative". Placing them in the third category sees far fetched.

Stollmeister wrote:I keep ending up with beautiful PD pads. They do not really fit any of the four categories. Will there be a pad category in a future contest? Though they are based on PD I wouldn't exactly call them "innovative". Placing them in the third category sees far fetched.
We weren't expecting Bazille to be a pad synth. It turns out that we might be wrong.

I'll add it as an extra category into the next competition (which will start pretty much right after this one)

Cheers,

- Urs

Urs wrote:We weren't expecting Bazille to be a pad synth. It turns out that we might be wrong.

Its awesome for pads 8)

not entering the comp, but here's a quick epiano-ish sound i made

https://soundcloud.com/kriminal-dave2/b ... o-ish-demo

Urs wrote:
Stollmeister wrote:I keep ending up with beautiful PD pads. They do not really fit any of the four categories. Will there be a pad category in a future contest? Though they are based on PD I wouldn't exactly call them "innovative". Placing them in the third category sees far fetched.
We weren't expecting Bazille to be a pad synth. It turns out that we might be wrong.

I'll add it as an extra category into the next competition (which will start pretty much right after this one)

Cheers,

- Urs
Urs - I think you should add an ambient/pad category. Alot of the early Steve Roach stuff / 80s ambient utilized the CZ-101. I used the VZ-10m quite a bit myself in the early 90s. I haven't worked with Bazille enough to know the differences yet, but the Casio synths were based on phase distortion synthesis.

Check Steve Roach's Structures from Silence - Bazille can perhaps do these kinds of pads? (Again, I haven't had enough time w/ it yet to know...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jIf0w5iNbs

Yeah, a one-note-held-ambient-presets competition!

The next round of the patch contest is just around the corner.
Be pad-ient... ;)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Phase47 wrote: Check Steve Roach's Structures from Silence - Bazille can perhaps do these kinds of pads?
I'd say so, definitely. The overall tone could be subtle amounts of PD, I also like feedback from an oscillator's output into PM for this. Past that Bazille doesn't have a chorus but the whole modular toolkit is available for shifting versions of a sound against each other.

Just woke up to about 40 more submissions :shock:

Closing in 3 hours - then we'll start sorting through them. Some were submitted with confusing category names, we might need to ask the author where to put them. Then we'll need to adjust the output level of some overly loud ones. That'll take some time…

- Urs

3ee wrote:Yeah, not even two weeks to get our own stuff sorted out...
Don't have a single patch finished for the contest and I'm leaving tomorrow for a couple of days, tough luck I guess :(

In other words, I'm also in favor of extending the deadline a bit! :tu:
I'm also in favour of this. I was planning to submit some patches too but have been really busy these last few days.
Urs wrote:

Cheers,

- Urs
That is wonderful news! I too am finding Bazille great for pads. In fact, I already have a few patches in this category that I'd like to submit.

AusDisciple wrote:
Don't have a single patch finished for the contest and I'm leaving tomorrow for a couple of days, tough luck I guess :(

I'm also in favour of this. I was planning to submit some patches too but have been really busy these last few days.
That would unfortunately be rather unfair for those who sent their stuff in time and we're under a bit of pressure - we want to get at least 3 competitions done while the Bazille beta is still free to use for everyone.

Don't worry if you miss out on this one - the next one is lurking around the corner, coming with 5 categories.

Urs wrote:
AusDisciple wrote:

That would unfortunately be rather unfair for those who sent their stuff in time and we're under a bit of pressure - we want to get at least 3 competitions done while the Bazille beta is still free to use for everyone.

Don't worry if you miss out on this one - the next one is lurking around the corner, coming with 5 categories.
I realized after I made that post with both quotes that you'd already answered that question so my post actually looked a little silly!! :oops:
I'll eagerly await the next comp. :tu:

Return to “u-he”