ACE 1.3 released!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere)

good point!
most examples to date are monophonic. agreed to be polyphonic you need a voice triggers, but does it have to contain pitch and velocity?
perhaps not, imagine an ipad app (or soundplane, continuum, linninstrument) .... in this example a finger is the voice trigger ( so 10 voices) but as the finger moves it may describe (continously) changing pitch and various envelopes (amp/filter).
of course this can be 'handled by midi' with cc and pitchbend, but this has drawbacks.

Aalto / Kaivo has this kind of polyphonic 'always on' model, and one drawback is cpu load.

any how, im happy integrating with midi ... and enjoying ACE too:)

sascha wrote: No ETA of Berlin Modular, but we can assure we'll soon have more stuff worth drooling.
:tu: :hyper:
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

I really do like the new patches, since I still have some trouble with using the multiples.

Thanks that ACE is now reporting proper parameter names to the DAW!
Very helpful!!

Just to confirm, is it correct that ACE has a latency of 16 samples.

AndreasD wrote:Thanks that ACE is now reporting proper parameter names to the DAW!
Very helpful!!

Just to confirm, is it correct that ACE has a latency of 16 samples.
You can disable the latency in Ace and other U-he plugs using the technique in this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4230164

Worked!
Thanks for the tip.

Hello,

I've just bought Ace after using it in demo mode for a month.
I used v 1.2. Today I've installed v.1.3 but when i open Ace in my daw, it's still 1.2.

:(

Problem Fixed :)

I also really like the new patches. Thank you.

However I am having a problem with random clicks on the new patch 'HS Indias Lead'. The clicks will appear seemingly randomly during different playback sessions. Here is an example.

SaganTech wrote:I also really like the new patches. Thank you.

However I am having a problem with random clicks on the new patch 'HS Indias Lead'. The clicks will appear seemingly randomly during different playback sessions. Here is an example.
What revision number is displayed on the bottom right of the editor window? This sounds like a bug that was fixed a while ago...

What revision number is displayed on the bottom right of the editor window? This sounds like a bug that was fixed a while ago...

SaganTech wrote:
Can you send the preset and a MIDI file?

Thing is, I can't reproduce it at all. It sounds like a bug that was fixed months ago.

What buffersize do you use? Do you switch plug-in latency off?

Also, if you have an ACE.log file on your desktop, that would be great to have.

Urs wrote:Thing is, I can't reproduce it at all. It sounds like a bug that was fixed months ago.
I am confident I can get you to repro this.
Urs wrote: What buffersize do you use? Do you switch plug-in latency off?
64. Plug-in latency is reporting 16.
Urs wrote:Also, if you have an ACE.log file on your desktop, that would be great to have.
I do not have any file named ACE.log.

I can send you a MIDI or Metro file that will repro this 100% of the time.

SaganTech wrote:
Urs wrote:Thing is, I can't reproduce it at all. It sounds like a bug that was fixed months ago.
I am confident I can get you to repro this.
Urs wrote: What buffersize do you use? Do you switch plug-in latency off?
64. Plug-in latency is reporting 16.
Urs wrote:Also, if you have an ACE.log file on your desktop, that would be great to have.
I do not have any file named ACE.log.

I can send you a MIDI or Metro file that will repro this 100% of the time.
Please send both, thanks :-)

Return to “u-he”