Mod Seq Abuse:
A Meditation
Hunter Killer
For Delia

Monsters From The Deep:
NeoTokyo Bar
Altair
PADS Coil

arachnaut wrote:PS: in my opinion, too many people are using the MW shaker and it's just noisy, not a good effect.
Sounds like you accidentally MIDI-learned the ModWheel? - right-click the parameter and MIDI-Unlearn it :-)

(note to myself: Allowing ModWheel back into MIDI Learn has the side effect we were afraid of… must make ModWheel a user option)

here they come

The Modular Lead: Bass, Lead... Bead, Smoky Brass

Drums and percussion: Abandoned Ceramic, Straight Hat Straight

Mod Seq Abuse: Fluide MW, A Meditation, I Am Bazille

Monster From The Deep: Old Unknown Tape, Ghostly Brass, Engrenages

Peace out

Ofer

Just flicking through the votes....everyone picking different patches! Can't see any front runners!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

@SLiC: This only shows that the bandwidth of BAZILLE users are wider then some one might think.

While i.e. one part is just looking for a "effect now by press a key" patch others are looking in deeper i.e. to explore how far they would and could use them in their own productions plus how much creativity is behind the synth user (many of us are not looking just for "nice samples").

And then there are at least two major types of "producers" - musical and cinematical "workers". There are peoples who are looking for the technically most "sophisticated" patch while others just ant to hear a "complete sound" independently from that.

I.e. i had to decide if i build my patches including "room" like others - long reverbs and delay constructions. While users who are typically want a "complete sound" to work with many professional producers want sounds without any "usual room" because they build their own room concepts where the room of a plugin would destroy more then help. So i decided for some of the patches that i set up the effect section but disables them by default - if anyone want further longer delay or reverb etc. he can just "activate" it to get fitting parameters.

Personally i'm prefer "clean" sounds and signals because i want to open for my own effect processing - i.e. i used ACE for feeding my Marshall tube amp imlc. Cabs to make "natural distortion" where any patch with "rooming" or similar "upnicing effects" are just not working.

I hardly assume this is the major reason why decisions / votes are so difficult here - and this is not bad from my view - showing that most here did a good job for their own ß)
---
((d^b))
dettenbach audio
http://dettenbach.com

B+B patches for Novation Peak:
http://dettenbach.com/sounds/synthesize ... ation_peak

I would like to personally thank all the contributors of the two contests.
In particular, the choice of these sounds is really really difficult.

What can I say ..

At first listen (about two hours playing with the different sounds) would give my personal BIG thank as a prize at all.

I would like to express my thanks to the entire community that has contributed to the various contest for the beautiful sonic goodies that you have given us ...

ps. Thanks to exit U-he... eheheeh

cheers

Rob (Oppositeplans)

Urs wrote:
arachnaut wrote:PS: in my opinion, too many people are using the MW shaker and it's just noisy, not a good effect.
Sounds like you accidentally MIDI-learned the ModWheel? - right-click the parameter and MIDI-Unlearn it :-)

(note to myself: Allowing ModWheel back into MIDI Learn has the side effect we were afraid of… must make ModWheel a user option)
Ahhh... that's it!

I must have done that a while back and didn't realize it was saved permanently.

I always thought MIDI learn was just for a session.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

For me _

The Modular Lead: KEY Vintage Lead, Forsaken Wire, Airlead

Drums and percussion: Gamma Loon, Mettallophonic, Old Church Bell

Mod Seq Abuse: Sequus, Alien Alliance, Growly Squeal

Monster From The Deep: Neo Tokyo Bar, Bells and Gargoyles, RiZ3R
Last edited by geronimo on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

1. the modular lead
- tears in rain
- broken lead v2
- sing for the stars

2. drums and percussion
- waterdrop bell
- perk, you late
- dr crash

3. mod seq abuse
- wind chime
- chill-in
- for delia

4. monster from the deep
- godzilla vs m.o.t.u
- birdtalk galahs
- octopussy_s harem

sorry but what do you mean by Modwheel shaker?

nrosko wrote:sorry but what do you mean by Modwheel shaker?
The shaker control on the spring reverb was accidently mapped to his modwheel.

Shoot, I didn't submit right and couldn't answer the email because I was out camping in the wilderness :o

1. Modular Lead
- Tears in Rain
- Sing for the Stars
- Preying on the Deaf

2. D&P
- Old Electronic Snare
- Snare Timbre
- Deep Tribal

3. Modseq Abuse
- Opium Travel <- Reminded me of something from Coil's time machines album :DDDD
- Alien Alliance
- A Meditation

4. MFTD
- Godzilla vs. MOTU
- Octopussy's Harem
- Old Unknown Tape

Seeing how you guys construct patches is teaching me so much about modular synthesis. Thanks to all of you for the awesome submissions!

Best one yet!

Modular lead: warrior, keytar argentina, machinery
Drums and percussion: old church bell, metal and glass keys, zhat
Mod seq abuse: alien alliance, vinyl noise, a meditation
Monster from the deep: MIDS prison, binary sun dawn, deep blue

I could have picked 20 more they were all so good, every category was great!

Return to “u-he”