Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What EvilDragon said.

Btw, what does "auto-scroll to top" do though?

tedlogan wrote:What EvilDragon said.

It scrolls a module selected in the Voice Grid to the top of the Generators rack.

drzhnn wrote:
tedlogan wrote:What EvilDragon said.

It scrolls a module selected in the Voice Grid to the top of the Generators rack.
Which is actually pretty handy since you already have an overview of signal flow in the main grid. I still use highlight most of the time tho.

BTW, I noticed that the buttons that select node editing modes in the mseg areas are indistinguishable one from the next. Has this already been mentioned? Is it just a problem with my install? It looks like this:

Yes, I mentioned it - and I supplied replacement images in a post on some pages back.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5852738

EvilDragon wrote:1) Do it, highlighting selected module is immensely helpful, I think. I never use "auto scroll to top" option for the currently selected module since I find it quite confusing.

2 and 3) Scratch the EXTRA tab, rename that button to INFO!
+1! :)
Is it possible to have the Info screen
floating like in the original?
Or it could open at the left side
of the browser. I use to open when i am
already in a selected folder/bank. Than
we can scroll thru presets on the right
side with opened info screen.

hollo wrote: Is it possible to have the Info screen
floating like in the original?
Or it could open at the left side
of the browser. I use to open when i am
already in a selected folder/bank. Than
we can scroll thru presets on the right
side with opened info screen.
Yes, all of this is possible. We know how the original floating Info Pane feels, so maybe we should try a different variants first and see if they are better. If not, I'll just bring back the floating pane. It's not a big deal.

What I want to try first is a fixed-position modal window in the top of the screen (similar to Save dialogs in OS X). With a bigger font size, so it's easier to read.

New update

Zebra.Redux.2014.0904.1713.zip

Changes
- redesigned Mix module
- added Info Pane
- added selected module highlight
- changed the order of modules in Modulators rack (now MSEG modules appear after LFO modules)

Personally, I don't like that selected module highlight feature at all, because I can't change the shape of the frame and it looks ugly to me. That's why it's set to invisible by default. If you need this feature, you may want to edit the USER COLORS block in Zebra2.txt and change the line 117 from this:
COLOUR name='module_highlight' rgba='00ff7e00'
to something like this:
COLOUR name='module_highlight' rgba='00ff7eff'

Neat!

Not sure if I like the MSEGs after LFOs... it makes sense to have envelopes first (regular env then MSEG), then LFOs (global first then per-voice ones - currently it's the other way round), then any other modulators... Here's my suggested order: env, MSEG, LFO, GLFO, MMap, MMix.

Anyways, on to the bugs:

* Mix5 and Mix6 modules have the module highlight, they shouldn't since they're effects - and no other effect has module highlight
* Env1-4, MSEG1-4, LFO3, MMix1-4 don't have module highlight
* Info button doesn't highlight when pressed like other top buttons
* There are unnecessary images in the archive (for the Extra button)
* If we have Env1 and Env4, clicking on modulation destination where Env1 is assigned, removes V-slope slider from Env4 (I figured out this one, fixing for myself)
* There are two controls with the same name: Display 2471 (in the Arp)
Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Love the flat design, well done :)
dedication to flying

That was quick :)
EvilDragon wrote: Not sure if I like the MSEGs after LFOs... it makes sense to have envelopes first (regular env then MSEG), then LFOs (global first then per-voice ones - currently it's the other way round), then any other modulators... Here's my suggested order: env, MSEG, LFO, GLFO, MMap, MMix.
I see, you want the same order that we have in the modulators context menu.
EvilDragon wrote: * Mix5 and Mix6 modules have the module highlight, they shouldn't since they're effects - and no other effect has module highlight
* Env1-4, MSEG1-4, LFO3, MMix1-4 don't have module highlight
Already fixed here, will upload a new update soon. As for MSEG1-4, I have module highlight for these in the current version. Strange that it doesn't work for you. Have you tried restarting your DAW? I know it sounds like too much, but because of the scope of the changes in this update, it can really help.
EvilDragon wrote: * Info button doesn't highlight when pressed like other top buttons
* There are unnecessary images in the archive (for the Extra button)
Will fix.
EvilDragon wrote: * If we have Env1 and Env4, clicking on modulation destination where Env1 is assigned, removes V-slope slider from Env4 (I figured out this one, fixing for myself)
I don't get this. Nothing's strange with the sliders here.
EvilDragon wrote: * There are two controls with the same name: Display 2471 (in the Arp)
There's a lot of such doubling elements in Zebra Redux. It's OK. In the Arp module, the first "Display 2471" is the Arp Loop length menu, and the second copy is the same menu but it's invisible and is hiding behind the steps indicator to make mouse wheel control over this element possible.
Last edited by drzhnn on Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hm, possibly I could have messed up something when merging your updates with my skin. Anyways, I've fixed the V-slope sliders for myself (for Env4 this line was wrong:

PROPERTY control='Pane 4088' name='layer' id='0' value='Env1'

Had to change it to:

PROPERTY control='Pane 4088' name='layer' id='0' value='ENV4'

Also this was wrong for Env3 for me.)

New update:

Zebra.Redux.2014.0904.2154.zip

Changes
- changed the order of modules in Modulators rack to Env, MSEG, LFO, GLFO, MMap, MMix
- Mix5 and Mix6: removed unnecessary module highlight
- added missing module highlight to Env1-4, LFO3 and MMix1-4 modules
- fixed INFO button highlight when enabled
- removed unnecessary images from Images folder

Looks great! Thanks :)

Good news, everybody! Zoom by 10% feature introduced in the latest Zebra build (2709) works as expected in Zebra Redux. XY assignable control are broken though, but this is a Zebra bug and hopefully it will be fixed soon by u-he guys :)

That is fantastic news indeed! Definitely switching over to this skin properly now - can't wait to check it out tomorrow, cheers!

Return to “u-he”