Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

drzhnn wrote:Thanks, bmrzycki! I added those to my todo list :)
You're awesome drzhnn. These skins are becoming a regular part of my workflow: I may have to figure out how to recolor a few for my color-blind eyes. :) :tu: :tu: (and just call me Brian, it's easier for everyone to type ;) )

bmrzycki wrote:(and just call me Brian, it's easier for everyone to type ;)
At last! :tu:

Howard wrote:
I decided to edit my signature to add that suggestion :oops:. For some reason it's not showing up... (EDIT I changed the panel preference, should be there now)
Feel free to call me Brian.

Howard wrote:
Hehe Yes! Finally :love:
I would like to get this as a feature request from drzhnn also :idea:

drzhnn wrote:You are welcome :)

And here's a little sneak peek of what's coming your way. It's still a WIP :)

So glad to see the mighty Redux for ZebraHZ. :tu:

Do you plan a mini version also? Don't know if that would be difficult to implement. :?

2ZrgE wrote:Do you plan a mini version also?
The main goal for this new layout is to get rid of different Redux versions and make a universal theme that will support Zebra, ZebraHZ, Zebrify and will work on most displays. The size of the new theme is 1168 x 720. This is smaller than the default size of Hive and Bazille and it's only 51px taller than the current Redux Mini. So I figured with this layout we just don't need a mini version anymore. But please let me know if I missed something.

If you are intending getting rid of all the different colour variants, i would request keeping UDH. I much prefer modules having their own individual colours, makes everything more easily identifiable.

mutantdog wrote:If you are intending getting rid of all the different colour variants, i would request keeping UDH. I much prefer modules having their own individual colours, makes everything more easily identifiable.

I like the basic color template to start off with. GREAT work drzhnn. You can then always color the modules to your own taste later on like so:

:)

Sweet Jesus dzrhnn, you're killing me here with those awesome gradients!

LFO8 wrote: I like the basic color template to start off with. GREAT work drzhnn. You can then always color the modules to your own taste later on like so:
How do you go about colouring the modules yourself then?

drzhnn wrote:
2ZrgE wrote:Do you plan a mini version also?
The main goal for this new layout is to get rid of different Redux versions and make a universal theme that will support Zebra, ZebraHZ, Zebrify and will work on most displays. The size of the new theme is 1168 x 720. This is smaller than the default size of Hive and Bazille and it's only 51px taller than the current Redux Mini. So I figured with this layout we just don't need a mini version anymore. But please let me know if I missed something.
Seems a very good idea - I was just asking because the first version of the 'big' Redux did not fit on my laptop screen (I'm producing part-time on a lap top with 1366(?)x768, and then on a big screen). But the new size is fine of course. :tu:

mutantdog wrote:
LFO8 wrote: I like the basic color template to start off with. GREAT work drzhnn. You can then always color the modules to your own taste later on like so:
How do you go about colouring the modules yourself then?
I just copied the colors from the UDH-script (you find them at the beginning of the text file) to the Redux mini script - actually it's quite easy to recolour different modules. :tu:

I finally got a chance to check this out. As always, thanks for all the work you do no this. Redux UDH is definitely my skin of choice for Zebra 2. I like the basic concept of this new skin, but had a mixed reaction when I actually used it.

The good:
1) It works on both my main computer and on my laptop without a mini version. Great!

2) I can easily drag select sources in both the XY pad and matrix.

The bad:
1) Holy crap, it's dark! I wouldn't mind lighter.

2) No UDH version. I tried pasting from the old Redux UDH script, but they're obviously much different and that didn't work.

Bugs:
Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 10.18.51 AM.png
1) Anytime I turn on a filter, the Diva filter module becomes visible even if I'm not using one of them, as you can see above.

2) I don't have any indication about where I am on the XY pad. No green dot for me on either computer.

3) This is actually the worst problem. At first I thought you'd gone so minimalist that this skin was supposed to be more art than useful, but when I look at your screenshots I now realize there's some problem on my computers. Notice on my screenshot that there's absolutely no indication of where a knob should actually be. The darker background that indicates a knob location is missing, so I just see blank panels with random little rectangular dark spots.

OK, that's it for now. If I think of anything else, I'll post about it. Since nobody else is mentioning these problems, maybe there's something odd going on on my computers. I can't think of anything special, though, and I haven't had problems with Redux before. Hmm...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks a lot Scott. Really appreciate your feedback!
scoplunk wrote:1) Holy crap, it's dark! I wouldn't mind lighter.
There will be different color schemes including UDH and hopefully a white one. But first I need to finish the main layout.
scoplunk wrote:1) Anytime I turn on a filter, the Diva filter module becomes visible even if I'm not using one of them, as you can see above.
There's a technical reason for this. I can't fix this :(
scoplunk wrote:2) I don't have any indication about where I am on the XY pad. No green dot for me on either computer.
scoplunk wrote:3) This is actually the worst problem. At first I thought you'd gone so minimalist that this skin was supposed to be more art than useful, but when I look at your screenshots I now realize there's some problem on my computers. Notice on my screenshot that there's absolutely no indication of where a knob should actually be. The darker background that indicates a knob location is missing, so I just see blank panels with random little rectangular dark spots.
These two are actually one bug. Some OS X users had this with a previous version of Redux as well. For some reason, your Zebra thinks that full 360-degree procedural knobs should be invisible. I'll change them to 359-degree knobs in the next update, as I did in original Redux. This should fix it.

Return to “u-he”