Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vectored? So freely resizable? Not just by fixed percentage?

Well, not freely, still defined by percentages u-he offers in their plugins...

EvilDragon wrote:That's pretty awesome! So, for example, the arpeggiator extended pane is all vectors now?
Not yet. I only updated main module backgrounds so far. But I'd love to replace all PNGs with vector shapes, like I did with Diva Redux.

OK, here's the second beta
ED, your version with fixed FX rack is here: https://send.firefox.com/download/55d0d ... E8lg9RftbQ

- Add color coded module backgrounds
- Add overlay gradients
- Add phase meters to LFOs and Global LFOs
- Add VU meter
- Redesign Compressors
- Update Preferences panel
- Bugfixes

And I have a little preset for you guys. It's hidden in the subpanel of the Global Config module. It's very nice and I give it to you with all my love. But I'll take it back soon! As we russians love to do :hihi:

Oh neeeeat, on-suite randomize feature! Don't ever take it away, that's genius!

(Perhaps a little bug - randomize also randomizes locked parameters, maybe it shouldn't?)

BTW... for some reason colors are completely different from my actual version that I sent you? Don't think it's just because of gradients (how the hell do I turn them off?)...

EvilDragon wrote:Perhaps a little bug - randomize also randomizes locked parameters, maybe it shouldn't?
I don't know actually :) I guess it is intended for testing GUI, not for real use, because it randomizes just everything. I added it because script randomizers don't work in 2.8.

EvilDragon wrote:BTW... for some reason colors are completely different from my actual version that I sent you? Don't think it's just because of gradients (how the hell do I turn them off?)...
I didn't use colors from your version. But you can change gradients to your liking.
Gradients consist of two (or more) different colors. Here's an example code:

COLOUR name='top_color' rgba='612C6B06'
COL_ELEMENT name='bottom_color' parent='top_color' rgba='422C6B3f' location='1.000000'

There will be no gradient if both colors are the same.

Cool, thanks!

OK here's a potential bug: when the big XY view is enabled, there's still the button for showing 4 small XY pads there, perhaps it shouldn't be?

Yep, a bug. Thanks for reminding me.

Hello! Did module reordering (by clicking between them) break between the 12/25 and 12/29 betas? I skimmed over the diff, but I'm not too well-versed in Zebra GUI scripting. Win10, Zebra2.8.0, Reaper and Ableton Live.

Hi and welcome! Yes. I moved this parameter to a python script so I can easily change this behavior later. Personally, I prefer this feature off, but apparently not everybody feels the same way :) Unfortunately, I can't add this switch to Zebra UI, so I guess I'll change this behavior back to default in the next update. Thanks for reporting this.

I just want to thank you for this!

I actually ended up downloading the "Ed" version, with the EFX rack static in the bottom, just perfect like that.
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

I got so busy last week, I didn't even notice this had been updated. Great, as usual. I'm happy to have the color coding back and everything looks beautiful on my MBP. My only complaint is the one already mentioned above - there's no way to reorder the modules. I can understand why you don't like it. It's easy to inadvertently click in the wrong place and unintentionally change the module order. It seems like it would be better if we could just grab a module and move it wherever we wanted. I'm sure there's some reason why that didn't happen, but in the meantime, I prefer having at least some ability to move things around.

This is still my favorite skin for Zebra. I love being able to see so many parameters at once, without having to tab around. You have to know how Zebra works to really feel comfortable with it, so I can understand why U-he wouldn't release something like this to the general public. But, for me, this skin speeds up the workflow and helps me get a quick overview of other people's patches if I need to make some edits. Great work, drzhnn. Thanks!

Thank you guys. You are very nice. Here's a new update.

- Vectorized piano-roll in the Arp module
- Small fixes

I modified my builder script and now I can automatically build multiple variations of the skin in one go. For now it's just these three, but I predict the number will grow:
- default (I restored the ability to move modules)
- drzhnn (my personal playground)
- fixed_fxrack (like default, but with fixed fx rack)

Feel free to download any version you like.

Return to “u-he”