Diva : VCA mix issue ?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Im trying to use poly pressure to affect the loudness of notes played,
basically id like to go from zero to full, based on (poly) pressure.
(I also want to use the same for breath input too)

so I set VCA voice mix modulation 1 to full, and then try with volume on zero... nothing,
even if I set volume to 1.0, i still get very little increase in volume for pressure input,
(I've tried using add and multiple but that doesnt help.... and my pressure is max anyway)

it just seems like the VCA mix mod, is just very low range :(
Unfortunately, there is no mod on the oscillator level so I cannot do it that way.

I don't want to use midi learn, as that wont be patch specific, but also wont work for individual notes.
(its kind of ok for breath input though)

any suggestions how i can get polyphonic control over volume in diva?

it works perfectly in Bazille where I can mod the oscillator volume,
Ace I have a similar issue I cannot find a way of modulating either the VCO output level or the mix volume.
(i can only control the aux level, and sub osc, and vco balance)

am i missing something?

of can I please have a modulation input on the VCO output levels ... or the master mix :)
(that is per voice modulated)

Unfortunately (for your idea at least!) the VCA mod input was made more for bipolar sources - so it scales the level instead of adding to or subtracting from it. Perhaps we were a bit shortsighted there...

The only possibility I can think of right now is to use the Dual Osc with oscillator 1 silent, and modulate "Noise & Dual VCO Mix" (of course you will only hear oscillator 2).

Sounds like a new parameter should be added - a switch between + and x modulation for VCA. :)

:tu:

thanks, yeah dual mix is an option - but only if I want to use one oscillator :)

+/x mode sounds good to me, and retains compatibility
also I wonder wether we could also change the VCA to have other modulation inputs other than Env1/Gate (e.g pressure/breath)

(again this assumes the VCA stage is still per voice, otherwise it wont help me on poly pressure)

Ace... Ive realised I can shortcut the mixer, and use a mod, that is scaled by pressure or breath,
works really nicely.

- would perhaps be nice for the mix stage to have a volume with an input, so I don't have to use one of the 'precious' mod sections :)

Do I need to post somewhere to get this on a 'wish list'?

It would be useful, if u-he could review each synth, thinking about how to control overall amplitude from a (breath) controller.
as the approach currently differs in each product … bazille (osc level), ace (vca mixer via mod), diva (possibly via overall vca, if +/x feature is added) , zebra (hmm, need to check)

Ive issue doing it differently, but perhaps consistency might be useful? (e.g. overall VCA accept breath as a modulator?)

thanks
Mark

Re ACE:
thetechnobear wrote: - would perhaps be nice for the mix stage to have a volume with an input, so I don't have to use one of the 'precious' mod sections :)
The MIX panel in ACE already has a "volume with an input". But maybe you mean something else...

Howard wrote:Re ACE:
thetechnobear wrote: - would perhaps be nice for the mix stage to have a volume with an input, so I don't have to use one of the 'precious' mod sections :)
The MIX panel in ACE already has a "volume with an input". But maybe you mean something else...
hmm perhaps I got this wrong.
I know the noise, sub osc and aux have a volume modulator,
but the input from the oscillators is a balance… no?
this means if you are using both oscillators, you cannot control volume, hence what I did was feed the osc outputs into a mod, then fed this into the mix input (or was it aux input, i cannot remember now :))

(contrasting to Bazille where osc level is controlled at he osc output stage, which I quite like)

Return to “u-he”