SH4RP Zebra 2.7 Soundset - released.

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Added : 15% sale at http://www.vstsoundsets.com through Sunday October 12th. :)

My latest (and 4th if you don't remember the first 3, or didn't guess from my cheesy use of the number four in the name) Zebra patch set is out now at the new and hopefully improved Perimeter Sound site (just click my little banner sig).

In short - it consists of 118 sounds (with arps) and 2 fx patches. Most of these sounds were made while working on the 'Experimental Dubstep' and 'Ambient Glitch' loop sample series for Producer Loops, Kunundrum 3 and Bio-Mechanic Beats 3 for Perimeter Sound, and various collections on my SoundSpice label title. They make use of the new(ish) -distortion- module that was added to Zebra (somewhat) recently, and they are meant to be a bit more *bold* sounding than some others on the market.

Two important things to know though, important in that they are questions I expect would be asked if I didn't pre-answer them. :hihi:

1) Yes, there is a little freebee try-before-you-buy set, on the product page, just click to download, and there are no demo use only restrictions on it.

2) The first week early bird discount code is....<insert drum roll> KVR That will get you 20% off at checkout.

If you have any questions, I can be reached here in this thread, via pm, or through the contact page on the site. :)

Thanks for taking a look, now go take a listen to the mp3s (thanks to Kvr locals Ed Ten Eyck and Torben Hansen for making those cool tracks to help me show off the sounds in use, and of course KvR super-local Urs for making Zebra and adding that more than decent distortion module eh) and grab the freebee patches !!
Last edited by Perimeter Sound on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thank you for the free patches, I'll try them soon. I listened to the mp3 demos: glad you did not go over-board-bezerk on the distortion: that can be harsh on my particular set of ears. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

cool audio demos, like the rugged bass from the 1st and the vibe/mood from the 2nd better (since it's more diverse I guess)
good luck with the release! :tu:

Cheers"
3ee

I really liked that 1st demo too, very "industrial", Ed's the man. 8) And Torben took the sounds in some other directions. Kind of funny, they both had the same soundset, and the same exact beat/percussion loops (all from my 'Ambient Glitch Vol 4-5-6' series) and they came up with such radically different stuff. :)

Regarding the distortion, for the most part it's pretty layered in, meaning it's not just 100% *wet* as far as that goes. Though it can easily be brought up in the mix of the patch via the volume of that layer and/or by tweaking the X/Y pad that controls it. I pretty much always put distortion as an X/Y pad just because it will probably 'need' to be adjusted once you change other elements of the tone, plus why not, distortion is great ha-ha. :)

The early bird discount offer continues through the weekend. I hope everyone gets a chance to stop by and hear the mp3 demos and grab the little freebee patch set. It's yours to keep and use, no demo restrictions, and no email sign up needed, just click to download and try-before-you-buy. :)

The main new aspect of these patches is obviously the addition of the use of the distortion module. But I also found a few other new little programming tricks to add in as well. And having the distortion as an X/Y control really gives you more of a chance to mix it up or down, as well as change the tone of that layer of the sound. To my ears, it almost acts as an electric-yet-organic filter of a kind, like above or beyond the usual Zebra filters or XMF filter even. It has it's own vibe or feel, and it fits right in dirtying up a sound without turning it completely into Jimi Hendrix or Korn ha-ha. You'll just have to grab the freebees and see what you think it sounds like. :)

Today is the final day for the early bird 20% discount. It looks like it's on for another 16 hours (it's 8am here and it ends at midnight PST).

Hopefully the folks who picked up a copy are enjoying it, and I'll run more sales/discounts on it in the future of course. Meanwhile the little freebee try-before-you-buy pack will remain available 24/7 to check out when you feel the urge to do so. :)

In case anyone missed the early bird sale, my patches-only site http://www.vstsoundsets.com is having a store wide 15% off sale through next Sunday, including the SH4RP set. :)

We got it. Thanks..

fourthmanfire wrote:We got it. Thanks..
I'm not 100% sure if yer being sarcastic ? If so, I hear ya, in that I am promoting my stuff here, and that can get old or tedious. But meanwhile, 3 people saved 15% off the lowest price this set is available for today (maybe 1 or 2 of them because of this thread ?) so they = win ? Just saying.

I will be posting this sound set for sale on Producer Loops in a week or two (at a higher price, with no discount at first) but right now it's only available here at Perimeter Sound and Vst Sound Sets, and I personally guarantee this is the lowest price(s) you'll see until x-mas/new years sales start. :)

The freebee try-before-you-buy set is available 24/7, and there are NO demo restrictions or email sign-ups required. I literrally can't do more than that to give a little bit away to say thanks for checking my stuff out, and just "hey, I hope you like Zebra, and here's a little bit of what I do with it, try it for yourself and enjoy cause life is short and not everyone can afford to buy patches, and not everyone wants to, so have a couple few forfree and let yer ears decide". 8)

12 hours and 6 minutes left to save 15% off the latest Zebra patch set. And even if yer broke this week, or aren't convinced, check out the mp3 demos and grab the freebee try-before-you buy pack. On us, it's free to use, no demo restrictions, try it out, see what your ears think. :)

Late *bump* for this set, since it's on sale right now in the http://www.perimetersound.com Webshop for 25% off through Monday December 1st during our -everything is on sale for 25% off- Thanksgiving sale.

Also, there is a freebee pack to try-before-you-buy. No email sign up required, just click-2-download. And check out the 2 mp3 demos while you're there, let your ears be the judge of this patch set. :)

Sorry to anyone who is tired of seeing this thread, but our X-mas Holiday sale started today, and it's even better than the Thanksgiving one. Through January 5th, all Zebra patches (and everything else) is on sale for 1/3 off, lowest price anywhere in the http://www.perimetersound.com Webshop.

And just in case it wasn't known, there is a freebee try-before-you-buy pack available for all 4 Zebra patch sets. No email sign up needed, no purchase, just click to download. And best of all - no demo restrictions, you are free to use them in your music without needing to buy the whole set, they are a free gift to check out and hear if you want to buy the full collections. :)

Return to “u-he”