New Synth Teaser Vid

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the overall design of the GUI (as far as we can see), but the knobs, I prefer the ones in zebra, they are very clear.
dedication to flying

Sylenth1 Killer from U-he :p
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:Sylenth1 Killer from U-he :p
Plug vs. plug threads being inevitable on KVR, I sort of feel like 'potential successor' works better than 'murderer' :hihi:

xh3rv wrote:
MillerSam wrote:Sylenth1 Killer from U-he :p
Plug vs. plug threads being inevitable on KVR, I sort of feel like 'potential successor' works better than 'murderer' :hihi:
Plus it is going to be a different synth... so even successor might not be it... but there does seem to be a market for simple cpu efficient dance oriented synths.

pdxindy wrote:but there does seem to be a market for simple cpu efficient dance oriented synths.
We'll see :clown:

Ever since I started using Bazzile, my processor is struggling to breathe under the weight of the multi-modded insanity (and here I had avoided Diva because IT was such a greedy lass! I need a new Mac).

I for one would really enjoy Stout yet light weight U-he dual oscillator slugger to help with doubling up bass and such. Meat and potatoes FTW here... I have loony totally covered with Zebra/Bazzille/Ace... as well as Aalto and Maschine2.

The freebies (Zebralette and Podolski) work ok for this but only have one full time osc.

Zebra3 and getting a new computer seems far off it the moment... This might prove fun/useful!
Retired, Bored and ready to WRECK the JOINT... gonna drop some OLD-STEP, ya'll!!

Like Sylenth 1, the Oscillator 1 and 2 are on opposite sides of the GUI.
Ignoring any aesthetic aspects, I think this is annoying to work with. Linplug MorphoX is excellent regarding usablility.

blue monk wrote:Like Sylenth 1, the Oscillator 1 and 2 are on opposite sides of the GUI.
Ignoring any aesthetic aspects, I think this is annoying to work with. Linplug MorphoX is excellent regarding usablility.
In Hive you have a Dual-VCO-VCF-VCA synth on the right and another Dual-VCO-VCF-VCA synth on the right. In Sylenth1 you need to switch tabs to see them. We squeezed them onto a single panel, without looking too overwhelming.

The trick is, our second VCO in each section is a Suboscillator with less controls. Yet it can be used almost entirely like an oscillator of its own (it just inherits a lot of parameters from the main osc).

That said, I'm an industrial designer, so Mr. Sullivan's phrase means a lot to me - even though I don't always fully agree. Be assured that Hive is going to be exceptionally ergonomic. It follows Ludwig Mies' mantra, or rather, it's modern version "reduced to the max".

Do you have a planned price for the Hive yet Urs? Do you plan an introductory price like Bazille?

Any chance of a more complete screenshot, even if it's WIP? :)

KingTuck wrote:Do you have a planned price for the Hive yet Urs? Do you plan an introductory price like Bazille?
I think we're gearing for 149$, but this isn't set in stone yet. There'll be an intro offer - of course - which will be about 30% off.

eXode wrote:Any chance of a more complete screenshot, even if it's WIP? :)
Soon. But not yet.

(parameters, parameter names, a few switches and fcntuons are still undergoing heavy changes)

I have a feeling i will probably be buying this..
:borg:

I'll definitely get this one. Nowadays i enjoy using low cpu synth more since i like to layer a lot of stuff together, so this one is a must for me.
musisikamar.com

Urs wrote:
KingTuck wrote:Do you have a planned price for the Hive yet Urs? Do you plan an introductory price like Bazille?
I think we're gearing for 149$, but this isn't set in stone yet. There'll be an intro offer - of course - which will be about 30% off.
Oof, i still remember a quote saying that it will be "much cheaper" than "that plugin". :? Oh well, i guess that with that price it'll be positioned well between the plugins doing the same, but i was hoping that it'd be a bit cheaper.

Return to “u-he”