Diva, cpu.........reality check....

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WOW!I had my power options set to balanced and when switching it to high performance I can now run like 9 or more instances of Bazille at once when before I was having dropouts with some single more complex patches!!Also i can now switch my buffer size way down!I feel like such a noob for not knowing this! D:
HUGE thanks guys!!!
(Think its time for an all Bazille tune!!)
-Chris

Chris Allen wrote:WOW!I had my power options set to balanced and when switching it to high performance I can now run like 9 or more instances of Bazille at once when before I was having dropouts with some single more complex patches!!Also i can now switch my buffer size way down!I feel like such a noob for not knowing this! D:
HUGE thanks guys!!!
(Think its time for an all Bazille tune!!)
-Chris
Are you on Windows?

firepile wrote: Go into Control Panel under Power Options and check that the power plan is set to "High performance". If I change to "Power saver" here, it suddenly uses 80-90% CPU...
Firepile gets the credit - and BBFG too for realizing that a recent windows update actually reset me back to "Balanced" instead of "High Performance"

Don't feel too bad! I mean, I was actually wondering if I should be able to play any notes O_o haha, everyone has moments of genius, along with moments of not-so-much.

The way it played out for me was just super bad timing, I mean, I saw a good improvement from my 10 year old Athlon cpu, but then the overloads started to creep in and I had no real gauge of where my new machine should reach, so I found myself feeling more and more frustrated - and that's when mistakes happen such as not doing the basic checks again.

It happens, just turn the energy into inspiration. Enjoy your Bazille throwdown :D

breaks wrote:SOLVED!
Checked/Did the following:
bluetooth disabled
motherboard wifi disabled
disabled onboard Realtek audio (i think this could be the winner)
turned system back to "High Perfomance" from "Balanced" - thought this was done already?
turned off some random services like telephony and misc stuff i don't need

there was a couple more settings....trying to remember now just in case it helps anyone else...i'll update this post when I remember...damn....there was one other thing that I felt was significant...
where do you turn system back to "High Perfomance" from "Balanced" ?

LFO8 wrote: Are you on Windows?
Yes Win8

carrieres wrote: where do you turn system back to "High Perfomance" from "Balanced" ?
If you are on Win7, then you go into ControlPanel->PowerOptions

If you only see "Balanced" and "Power Saver", then on the left-hand side you should see a link which says "Create a power plan", click that and it should give you the "High Performance" option.

breaks wrote:
carrieres wrote: where do you turn system back to "High Perfomance" from "Balanced" ?
If you are on Win7, then you go into ControlPanel->PowerOptions

If you only see "Balanced" and "Power Saver", then on the left-hand side you should see a link which says "Create a power plan", click that and it should give you the "High Performance" option.
You also want to set your other settings for monitor/hdd manually here too before saving.

thanks

real great! i changed my power settings from balanced to maximum on my core-2-duo laptop and now i can play nearly every diva-patch polyphonic! thank's a lot :tu:

I recently struggled with this too. I also discovered that you can prevent cores from parking as well, though I'm not sure if the High Performance setting does this automatically or not.

This page was useful to me in this regard and includes a free utility as well as steps to make the cores setting visible in W7's power settings. FYI...

Return to “u-he”