Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Subarumannen wrote:
lunardigs wrote:Hey, can you tell me where the survey is? Perhaps I'm blind .... Thanks!
It’s in the mail... if you’re subscribed to the newsletter
Yup, I double checked my subscription, my junk folder, etc. Hmm ...

Maybe it is sent to registered customers only and not to newsletter subscribers. I don't know

Subarumannen wrote:Maybe it is sent to registered customers only and not to newsletter subscribers. I don't know
Yup, check. I emailed support ... It's not too big a deal. Although, I do have opinions, which build up, cause swelling, manifest in mania and must be released.

According to the other thread in the forum here, the survey is only for registered customers.
But the will also do a survey for potential customers. To check if a subscription model would make sense. Or rent to buy.

According to the other thread in the forum here, the survey is only for registered customers.
But the will also do a survey for potential customers. To check if a subscription model would make sense. Or rent to buy.

That's not quite true. We sent a newsletter out to everyone who subscribed to it... either by signing up on our website or checked the "subscribe me" during the checkout process. We also posted a link to the survey on our Facebook page.

If you are a u-he customer (or user of our freeware / magware) and didn't get the newsletter and avoid Facebook, you can see the newsletter (with the survey link) here:

http://mailchi.mp/u-he/u-he-news-repro- ... a-soundset

Sorry for the misleading information. Don't know how many people register the newsletter without using products.

Hi all,

Abique has fixed a few things so that we now also have a Linux version of our Repro V1.1 public beta including Repro-5:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=494717

As we don't have an in house Linux team, please proceed with caution and let us know what's odd, maybe right in this thread.

Thanks,

- U

Thank you very very much. :)

Installation went fine as usual on stock Kubuntu 16.4. The sound of this beast is just phenomenal.

The performance was much better than I expected after reading the Repro-5 thread. Repro-5 seems to utilize the cores on my system very well and I can squeeze a lot of voices out of this synth on my system. The CPU meter shows that all 8 cores are working equally hard and there is still plenty of room for more.

Repro-5 played well in REAPER. With some of the presets I had a small click at the beginning of some of the sounds with slow attack. This was very random and did not occur every time. MC and HQ didn't make a difference. I will keep an eye on this. REAPER needed a unusual long time to quit when I had a Repro-5 in my session but maybe that's just a coincidence.

Bitwig seems to like the vst3 version a bit more as the vst2 version. The performance is much better. I only have the demo of Bitwig so I can't say more.

Renoise didn't recognize Repro 5 at all after installation. Repro 1.1 was found but Renoise said that it's cached version of R1 was previously classified as synth and now it's an effect and refuses to load it. Also the vendor display string was switched to 'unknown' on the R1 entry. After I deleted Renoise's plugin cache (~/.renoise/CachedVSTs_x64.db and ~/.renoise/CachedFailedVSTs_x64.db) and after a rescan everything works again as expected. Both plugins are loading fine now and the performance seems to be fine too.

Waveform seems to work great with both plugins at a first glance, similar to REAPER and Renoise.

Now for some real testing. :)

Thanks, Urs. Runs fine in Ubuntu 17.04 + BitWig 2.2. The sound is beautiful, but gosh, the thing is heavy in CPU XDD.

The problem with the menus + right click is still there [must be some silly X-windows thing], also, I cannot seem to type anything in the search box of the preset browser, could be related to the other problem so I'll report back if I get a older Ubuntu around to test.

Hi fellow Linux users :)

A few things have changed with this new build:
- vst3 sdk has been updated and now works again with Bitwig.
- we now install the vst3 as a vst3 bundle
- there is a new folder for your presets (User Presets), and the old one is for the factory presets.

Have fun!
Alex.

The right click menus work fine here with 16.4 (KDE). Seems to be the old problem.

The search text box opens a small external window in the top left corner of the screen where you can input the search text. That's a bit unusual and unexpected but that's ok if it works. However, currently the text is copied into the search field but it doesn't find anything.

Clicking again into the search field will create a new text input window with every click.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Benutzername wrote: Renoise didn't recognize Repro 5 at all after installation. Repro 1.1 was found but Renoise said that it's cached version of R1 was previously classified as synth and now it's an effect and refuses to load it. Also the vendor display string was switched to 'unknown' on the R1 entry. After I deleted Renoise's plugin cache (~/.renoise/CachedVSTs_x64.db and ~/.renoise/CachedFailedVSTs_x64.db) and after a rescan everything works again as expected. Both plugins are loading fine now and the performance seems to be fine too.
I also run into trouble trying to get renoise to work with Repro-5. In my case deleting the cache files wasn't enough and I had to take out my other u-he plugins from ~/.vst before it started to work. After Repro started working I put the others back and now all of them work together.

It sounds more likely a renoise issue right?

Hard to say. I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow and see if I can get some logs.

spacepluk wrote:I also run into trouble trying to get renoise to work with Repro-5. In my case deleting the cache files wasn't enough and I had to take out my other u-he plugins from ~/.vst before it started to work. After Repro started working I put the others back and now all of them work together.
That sounds weird. I had the full versions of Zebra, Repro and Repro-1 and the demos of Bazille and Hive installed in ~/.vst/u-he when I launched the install script.

I started testing with REAPER and not Renoise. Maybe that makes a difference.

Return to “u-he”