Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lump wrote:+1 for Zebra 2 on Linux!
Indeed! :clap: :tu:

It makes me so excited reading this thread. "Things" are happening for Linux! Yay! :party: Great time to buy some u-he synths, eh? :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

OUYEEAAAA!!!!! This is wery, wwweeerrryyy COOL !!!! :phones: :party: :tu:

This is awesome U-He team , thanks so much for the linux support !!!.

I will consider a purchase. i hope that you supported zebra for linux soon as possible !!! :wink:

StudioDave wrote:
Urs wrote:
StudioDave wrote:A quick question:
Can we go ahead and purchase the synths via the start-up splash ad ? I ask since they're currently still in beta, I'm unclear re: their general availability.
Anything that's not yet released is always to be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't think however that there's a major problem. If the Linux builds work for you, there's no need to hold back.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm planning a purchase today, ACE is calling my name. :) Your pricing is well within my affordable range, and thanks again for the free Podolski. The synths and processors are running nicely here in Bitwig 1.1, on Fedora 19 with the Planet CCRMA packages, though my hardware is underpowered for some patches, especially in Diva. I hope to upgrade the machines here before Christmas.
Urs wrote: ... It's one serial number for all formats.
]
Good to know. Another feature. :)

Best,

dp

[Edit] Purchase was handled without a problem, registration codes entered as required, and I'm now running a licensed ACE. Smooth process, now I'm going back to playing it in Bitwig.
Dave,

I threw caution to the wind and bought Bazille right when it came out. Abique's work has been fantastic on top of what Urs has already created. I'm not having any issues with it at all with Bitwig/Ubuntu. My experience has been so good thus far that I bought Uhbik as well. Both are being used in production for me and they are working great! If the performance I'm getting is any indication, Zebra is going to be next, or maybe Diva, I can't decide.

In any case, this has got me reading Ubik by PKD. It's a weird read so far, which is just how I like my PKD to read.
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

Hi U-He,
hi Urs,
hi guys,

great to see a serious commercial plugin / instrument product line under "my" (favorite...) operating system.

The bad thing is that i'm still own a AVID M-Box Pro 3rd which is not available under open source (i.e. by FFADO firewire drivers) and my UAD DSPs (as similar audio DSP stuff) is only POSIX / Unix available under MAC OS today - hope this will change as more and more music engineering companies are going onto the linux field so i can trash my last OS X too. ß)

With U-he on Linux i'm thinking about buying a open source capable audio interface and run it in ardour (have 2 and current 3 (repo) builds here - i.e. for tests) and/or bitwig instead of Pro Tools (some AVID engineers still "laughs" about peoples requesting a linux port of Pro Tools or at least AVID audio hardware - see threads on their ideascale page...).

Independently from that: I'm fit with packaging software for the most / major linux and/or BSD distributions (or in trivial: make software available for install easily per the distributions package / port management "as usual" on most linux distributions/"variants"/"flavors" - i.e. DEBs (Ubuntu/Debian), Gentoo EBuilds, Arch, RPM (RedHat / SuSe), fitted TarBalls - incl. commercial / closed source license attention etc.) and it would be a pleasure to me to be the package / port creator for the different major distributions / package formats (and the further maintainer if requested) - which usually often is "a mess" or "just" time-consuming for peoples just want to write software - and i'm open to get paid by some U-He licenses (still not own each U-He product...). ß)

about me:
I'm working exclusively with Linux and *BSDs since 1994 (and open source is my profession / business since over 20 years now - see .i.e. http://www.syndicat.com / Niels Dettenbach) but the only part of my computing is my "music studio hobby" where i'm "stuck" on Mac OS X mostly.

Feel free to contact me for this or similar things (german/english).

cheerioh,

Niels.
---
((d^b))
dettenbach audio
http://dettenbach.com

B+B patches for Novation Peak:
http://dettenbach.com/sounds/synthesize ... ation_peak

Packaging won't be an easy task. There are some hardcoded relative (to user home dir) paths and requirement to be installed in a writable directory for preset management. I think it's better to leave all as is. The installation process is very easy.

Good evening,

I did update the plugins to the revision 3193. I also added Presswerk and Zebra2 to the collection.
Check the first post: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5938265
Enjoy!

You guys should be wearing Santa suits, for all the gifts you're passing out. 8)
I still think i'm dreaming sometimes. And now, the Zebra itself? :hyper:
Between Discovery Pro, Diva, and Zebra, and the existing linux vsts,
there is very little music that can't be composed. Perhaps a pro quality sampler
will become available soon. Maybe Bitwig should hold a slightly larger
Christmas party than last year, and invite even more of the Berlin braintrust :wink:
Thanks for your diligence!

Today is a holiday I do !!! I love Linux and U-he Zebra and today they have earned together !!! And they do it very, very well. I checked into Ardour and Renoise. Key approached. I went to buy a cake with candles !!! ))) :band2: :band:

Zebra2-3193
OMG It must be Christmas! I LOVE YOU U-HE!
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203929

link to, and topic about the randomizer script, in case some linux folks missed it.
Easy to use, and adjust the amount of randomization. Brilliant and simple, what could
be better? 8)

Hello.

I purshased Satin about 1 year ago and till now i use it in reaper via WINE on my Debian system. And it works great.

But now i see there is a Linux beta version, so using it directly through Ardour3 would be very practical for me.

So i downloaded it and run the install.sh script. I got these errors :

/home/DATA/Plugins/Satin-3193$ sh ./install.sh
./install.sh: 8: ./install.sh: [[: not found
./install.sh: 19: ./install.sh: [[: not found
./install.sh: 25: ./install.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

What did i do wrong ?

youki, do you have bash installed?
You should run the script with ./install.sh or bash ./install.sh

Thanks, bash ./install.sh works indeed and installed everything where it's supposed to be.

Unfortunately the plug still doesn't show up in Ardour3. I tried adding export LXVST_PATH=/home/youki/.vst in the .bashrc file, but still nothing. Even if ~$ printenv LXVST_PATH shows /home/youki/.vst

I installed a LinuxVST plug from LinuxDSP in /usr/lib/lxvst and it shows up in Ardour3, if i put it in ~/.vst/LinuxDSP it doesn't show up.

So i don't really understand what is wrong. :?:

Did you start ardour from the terminal after exporting LXVST_PATH?
You might get help for ardour specific stuff on IRC: #ardour@irc.freenode.net

Return to “u-he”