Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the new builds!
Unfortunately none of them show up for me, they simply don't appear in the plugins lists.
Not in Qtractor, not in Carla.

krans wrote:Thanks for the new builds!
Unfortunately none of them show up for me, they simply don't appear in the plugins lists.
Not in Qtractor, not in Carla.
Did 6824 work for you as it did for me?

/Anders

Did you ask your distribution to update xcb-util?

abique wrote:Hi guys :)
So here is the lastest build:
Both work fine for me, Ubuntu Studio + Bitwig.

Are there any plans to do anything with Repro-5?
I still can't open the GUI without it crashing.
I can use it, editing using the Bitwig parameters and save in Bitwig. Just no GUI for the VST itself.

Am I the only one with this issue?

As I've explained, wait for the next major version of Bitwig.

abique wrote:Did you ask your distribution to update xcb-util?
The purpose of my post was to let people know that the last builds no longer run in Ubuntu 14.04 which is unfortunate since the previous one did run fine. Of course Ubuntu will not update xcb-util in Ubuntu 14.04

My hope was that this regression would be something that was unintentional and/or not wanted and could be addressed in some easy way to make the builds also run in slightly older distros but that is seemingly not the goal.

Best regards, Anders

abique wrote:Hi guys :)

Those builds are dynamically linked.
Hi Alex,

Are you going to provide builds that are statically linked against libcairo etc?

Hi abique and happy new year!

Thanks for the new builds, UI lag still stays the same in Ardour / BW 2.2.3 / Ubuntu 17.04. Typically, the UI needs more than one second to update after a click, and clicks are lost quite often. Custom Ardour with 62Hz `effEditIdle` rate is better, but the problem is still observable and can be felt.

Unfortunately the UI is hard to use in these conditions. Let us know if we can help in any other way. Cheers!

I don't see statically linked version as superior.
As far as I know, the only issue is with an old distribution which has an old version of xcb-util. While xcb-util-0.4.0 has been released 3 years ago and is stable, so it should likely be updated.
So I consider that if your distribution doesn't provide that library, then it is your problem (not a big deal to fix...). Please contact your distribution maintainers.

ejgallego wrote:Hi abique and happy new year!

Thanks for the new builds, UI lag still stays the same in Ardour / BW 2.2.3 / Ubuntu 17.04. Typically, the UI needs more than one second to update after a click, and clicks are lost quite often. Custom Ardour with 62Hz `effEditIdle` rate is better, but the problem is still observable and can be felt.

Unfortunately the UI is hard to use in these conditions. Let us know if we can help in any other way. Cheers!
Can you try with the latest reaper build? They implemented IRunLoop.

I'm a bit confused, I think I'm experiencing what you call UI lag on Bitwig 2.2.x. Is that what will be fixed in the next major release? I'm on Arch Linux so xcb-util is up to date.

Thanks, everything's clear now :)

abique wrote: Can you try with the latest reaper build? They implemented IRunLoop.
Sure, give me a few hours. Note, for both Ardour and BitWig I've tried VST2 only.

Thanks for the help!

Latest build is a total fail for me in Reaper 5.71pre6 + Ubuntu. Both VST2 and 3 just don't work at all. Reaper hangs, then crashes.

Other U-HE plugins run fine. Cheers!

Return to “u-he”