Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With the new beta release, 80% of the performance problems are disappeared. :)
Diva, Zebra2, Zebralette, Hive and Podolski running with only minimal crackles and glitches.

Thanks to all the good people which give me advices and suggestions. I think it was simple a graphic issue of the U-He plugins which is solved.

BTW I've purchased Renoise Redux today, so now there is a very promising sampler VST available for Linux. Redux can use SFZ as multi sample and xrni from renoise sampler. There are issues but it looks good and stable. With the ability to render VSTs (via Renoise Sampler) I can export a nice growing sample library for my Linux playground from my Mac.

http://www.renoise.com/redux
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

A tip of the hat to Alexandre, et al., for the beautiful thing that is the, "batch install all of them at once," code snippet at the top of this thread. Thank you!

abique:

So the impression I get is that undo, at least under Linux zebralette, should work but it doesn't so you may have this working in the next update?

I just want to make sure this is the status before I ask anyone to try and fix the unfixable! :)

Thanks

I think that behavior of horizontal scrollbars is wrong (all plugins are affected). For example, to scroll presets in a forward direction it's an intuitive way to rotate mouse wheel down. But currently, to scroll presets forward one needs to rotate the mouse wheel up - it's very confusing. Is it a Linux-only issue, or Windows versions behave similarly?

I raised that issue (horizontal scrollbars) with Howard in the past and he wanted that behavior.

Then Howard has very strange understanding about a good usability. So, is this the same behaviour as in Windows versions?

I think so for the Mac version.

Oh, the OSX, "Think different", I see :wink:

abique wrote:I raised that issue (horizontal scrollbars) with Howard in the past and he wanted that behavior.
You must have misunderstood, Alex - I most emphatically do NOT want that behaviour!

Howard wrote:
abique wrote:I raised that issue (horizontal scrollbars) with Howard in the past and he wanted that behavior.
You must have misunderstood, Alex - I most emphatically do NOT want that behaviour!
Then I'm sorry for mis-understanding! Let's get the next version do the correct scrolling :tu:

abique:

I'm really having no luck with the last few releases of zebralette under Arch. Crash crash crashity crash! Under qtractor git this is the case using the official VST headers or VeSTige.

What OS / version do you build the plugins under? I suppose the main factors will be the glibc and cairo versions used on your build box. I may have to dual-boot or change distro if I want to use the u-he plugs, which of course I do!

Any comment on the undo issue?

Thanks

danboid, I'm using Arch Linux + Bitwig Studio and I don't have a single crash for a long time (since the private beta). As far as I know, the plugins were built under the Arch Linux, so I wonder why you have crashes. I recommend you to try the Bitwig Studio demo to figure out if this issue is DAW dependant.

phantom-one:

Whilst I think its great that those who can afford it now have the choice of running Bitwig under Linux, not everybody has that much money to spend on music software. I appreciate there is a free demo but my point is that it'd be a shame if Bitwig was the only Linux DAW that could use the U-he plugs or the only one supported.

I've yet to try Ardour 4 under Linux with the U-he plugs but it seems Muse has improved quite a lot since I last checked it out so I'll be trying zebra out with that next. Muse is a better sequencer whilst Ardour has been developed primarily for audio. According to the Muse github issues page the U-he synths work under recent git versions if you build it using the Steinberg headers.

I'll report back soon.

danboid, I didn't intend to make you use the Bitwig Studio. I'm just know that it has very good VST implementation and thus could help to determine the source of the issue. You might try any other DAW of course.

Hi Danboid,
Maybe you could try to ask QTractor's maintainers to check for the bug?
It is very likely a bug in QTractor and not in the VST itself.
Cheers,
Alex.

Return to “u-he”