Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is Bazille or Podolski working for you?
May I ask why you don't upgrade ubuntu? :oops:

I've bought an older and cheap Quad Xeon based PC computer for some OS comparison and experiments (Same hardware, same DAW (Bitwig), same plugins (Diva, Zebra, Hive and some others) but Ubuntu vs OSX).

For now, everything works fine on both OS. :tu:

But there is a strange issue with the latest build 3940 Diva: the graphical elements LED are always on.

Maybe a bug?

So I had the idea to change the theme for Diva, but where have the U-He theme folder take place on linux based systems ?

Maybe a workaround?

And a last question:

I miss the builds of the magware synths (Tyrell, Zebra CM, Beatzille) for Linux. Will they ever be?
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

Lump wrote:But there is a strange issue with the latest build 3940 Diva: the graphical elements LED are always on.

Maybe a bug?
Yes, it's a known bug.
Lump wrote:And a last question:

I miss the builds of the magware synths (Tyrell, Zebra CM, Beatzille) for Linux. Will they ever be?
Try to ask the support via email if you have a license.

Anybody using the plugins with Gnome 3?
Seems that there is not close button once opened an instance of plugin.
You have to right click and then use close button to close the window.

Any suggestions, because this way you need 3 clicks to close the window.

Gnome3 uses client side window decorations. If I understand it correctly, there's no way to use such decoration without the GTK3. And GTK3 cannot be used for VST plugins.

BTW, what vst host do you use? The vst window created by host, so it's a host responsibility to provide a way to close that window.

hihu wrote:Anybody using the plugins with Gnome 3?
Aye.
hihu wrote:Seems that there is not close button once opened an instance of plugin.
You have to right click and then use close button to close the window.
Yes, very annoying. But there is a very simple solution to it: Change window decoration theme! Yes, really. It's that simple. For me this only happens with the default window decoration (Adwaita) - but I'd assume it's not the only theme where this can happen. Change to another decoration and the close button will appear.

This happens with other VSTs too so it doesn't seem to be U-He to blame. But it's real odd that it only seem to happen on some themes.

Either way: Just choose a different window decoration theme. (for example via gnome-tweak-tool).

phantom-one wrote:If I understand it correctly, there's no way to use such decoration without the GTK3. And GTK3 cannot be used for VST plugins.
The system wide window decorations are applied to the VSTs too:
screenshot.jpg
And like Hihu says, that close button isn't there on the default window theme (Ubuntu).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I tried all of the synths and they work, using carla-single. That's good for me so far.

% cd ~/.u-he/<plugin name>
% carla-single vst ,.<plugin name>.64.so

OTOH, Filterscape, Presswerk, Uhbik and Zebra2 do not launch, only showing:

carla-single vst ./Zebra2.64.so
['/usr/local/lib/carla/carla-bridge-native', 'vst2', './Zebra2.64.so', '(none)', '0']
libjack.so.0 loaded sucessfully!
/home/mevla/Desktop/Zebra2.log
no deskTopFile found
creating shell plugin

How can these ones be launched successfully ?

Cheers.

I got licenses for Diva, ACE and MFM2. The synths sounds are very nice and artistically rich. They can be bold and subtle as needed, while retainign their richness of expression.

> OTOH, Filterscape, Presswerk, Uhbik and Zebra2 do not launch, ...

carla-single will not launch a GUI for these, although Filterscape works in Ardour 4.4. Uhbik also loads well in Ardour, but haven't figured out the routing of the multiple outputs to at least have some audio back from the processing unit.

All in all, great products !

They all work fine for me using qtractor for vst host, with an nvidia video card,
the official nvidia 3D driver, and an maudio pci soundcard. Resizing, click-to-front,
minimize/maximize work as they should. (The shell plugins are Uhbik, Zebra,
and Filterscape, which install multiple plugins, still an issue sometimes in linux.)

The U-he plugins also work with bitwig, and the windows versions work
with reaper and wineasio.

If you try qtractor, temporarily move other linux vsts outside the scanning path,
as some older ones may create scanning conflicts. Move them back after the u-he
products are working, in order of importance. Use the qtractor tracks menu,
and the track properties tab, for setting a midi/audio track, choosing a plugin,
and activating it (little green light left of the plugin name, in the plugin tab)

Welcome to the worlds greatest
audio forum. The years will fly by!

Cheers

Hey,

I updated the plugin version to the 3965.
It includes the fix for Diva's LEDs and improves the look of Uhbik's :)

The other fixes are coming, sorry for the delay.

Enjoy! :-)

abique wrote:I updated the plugin version to the 3965.
Again, vast thanks to you and u-he for this work.

However, perhaps by this time u-he should reconsider this statement in the FAQ :
Which operating systems do u-he products support?
All our plugins come as native 32/64-bit versions for both Mac OSX and Windows.

We currently do not support Linux or any other platforms.
Not exactly an invitation to check out the latest Linux versions. Does the u-he site indicate the availability of the Linux version anywhere ?

I'm just saying that considering how well these synths have been working on Linux (at least they work like champions here at Studio D), perhaps u-he can reconsider that FAQ entry.

Best,

dp

Thanks for the update!

StudioDave wrote: However, perhaps by this time u-he should reconsider this statement in the FAQ :
We currently do not support Linux or any other platforms.
I'll even make it easy for the support team:

While we currently do not support Linux at this time,
linux beta versions of many U-he products exist, and are reported to work well.
Downloads and unofficial support are available at this link:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=424953

---------------------------------------------------
(many thanks to Alex, and the U-he team members
who are involved in this ongoing effort)
Cheers

Yes, 100% with StudioDave.

U-he makes amazing stuff, you made an amazing port, that would be cool that it became a little more official.

a++
Guillaume.

Return to “u-he”