Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
thejonsolo
KVRAF

1670 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Charleston, SC

Postby thejonsolo; Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:56 am Re: Sidechaining: Calling the community for help!

My initial post on Cubase also works on Cubase Pro 8
swindus
KVRist

220 posts since 28 Oct, 2005, from Germany

Postby swindus; Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:17 pm Re: Sidechaining: Calling the community for help!

Sidechaining with Presswerk in Ardour 4.

You need two tracks, one with the sidechain signal and another one with the signal which will be compressed.

Add a stereo bus and insert the Presswerk plugin.

Add to more inputs to the bus track and route the input tracks accordingly. Track inputs 3 and 4 are for the sidechain signal.

You can also use sends for the sidechain signal.
sascha
KVRian

963 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from Berlin, Germany

Postby sascha; Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:01 am Re: Sidechaining: Calling the community for help!

Thanks for sharing :)
Sascha Eversmeier
u-he | digitalfishphones | samplitude (past)
overhishead
KVRist

261 posts since 21 Jan, 2007

Postby overhishead; Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:16 am Re: Sidechaining: Calling the community for help!

Something most synths do not have is multichannel i/o. Do your synths have that Urs?

Drum machines and samplers have it, but synthesizer makers seem to be sleeping on this.

To anyone who uses more than just two channels per track (sidechainers and routing experts) should understand why this is a no brainer feature.

Also tabbed instances of the same synth would be great, for users who want to make a drum machine ensemble out of a bunch of say, Zebra3's

the thread inspired my response, otherwise apologies for the digression.
Previous

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he