Bazille Dedicated MIDI Controller

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi,

Just a suggestion; u-he could start a Kickstarter for creating a dedicated MIDI controller for Bazille. If there was enough commitment to make it then they could put it into production, and if not then nothing is lost. I'm sure magazines would cover the Kickstarter and provide the necessary publicity.

The controller could use patch cables like the Korg MS-20 MIDI controller, and as Bazille is more or less all on one page it would lend itself well to a dedicated controller. I don't think the controller would need a MIDI keyboard, which would keep production costs down and make it far more simple to produce, as well as opening the market to laptop musicians and others who travel with gear.

This guy has made some similar controllers, so it doesn't seem unrealistic. http://www.synth-project.de (http://www.synth-project.de)

Anyway, just a thought. I have always wanted a desktop modular like Elaine Radigue's ARP2500, but I love the fact that Bazille is affordable, whereas I can never imagine myself having access to the money for a real modular.

It's a great idea, but most of the money would have to be used to hire someone who oversees this. I'm afraid that we're so buried in work, no-one here would be able to take this on :-/

I love the idea, and would really enjoy such a unit. How would you deal with multiple cables coming from one source though? Banana plugs perhaps, although this would still be limited.

Regardless, a u-he controller could be great. Hive would actually work quite well I'd imagine...

I was wondering the same thing myself today - a Google search brought me here. Its a very exciting idea to to have a dedicated controller for a specific Synth plugin.

My current set up m,eans that I am always remapping my controllers for different synths and projects - It would be amazing to have a controller that I would not need to keep re-labling and mapping.

I think something gets a bit lost when using a non-dedicated generic controller. You can only select some of the features of the Virtual Synth. It is more taktile and hands on than using no controller at all but not quite as good as a piece of hardware in that respect.

If someone did actually create a dedictaed controller for the Bazille I wonder how much that would eventually retail at?

maybe open a thread on the midibox forum. Lots of helpful and skiled people there. Maybe people will join and think this out.
Having a working controler with a spread sheet , fully documented and with part list would be awesome.

http://midibox.org/forums/
http://www.ucapps.de/

Thanks for that link. A whole world awaits...

I'm getting WAY too excited about the thought of a dedicated Hive controller...ideal synth for this. Been controlling it via Push this weekend, and must say I'm having a blast. But having a custom dedicated controller, modified to include the sequencer and FX pages...heaven quite possibly

I bet the Nektar Panoramas would be great for Bazille. The cool thing about the modulation sources is that they are automatable, therefor can be assigned to knobs in controllers like this. There are only a few things that aren't controllable from hardware yet, mainly the multiplex inputs mod sources and the sequencer. Once those are added, Nektar will be a great control surface for it. P1 if you don't want the keyboard.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I bet the Nektar Panoramas would be great for Bazille. The cool thing about the modulation sources is that they are automatable, therefor can be assigned to knobs in controllers like this. There are only a few things that aren't controllable from hardware yet, mainly the multiplex inputs mod sources and the sequencer. Once those are added, Nektar will be a great control surface for it. P1 if you don't want the keyboard.
I frequently use my Panorama to control Bazille when doing sound design. I updated the Nektar plug-in map for Bazille shortly after the official release, so you can control the effects and extra filters, as well as all of the patch points.

Bazille is one of my favorite synths to program from Panorama.

justin3am wrote: I frequently use my Panorama to control Bazille when doing sound design. I updated the Nektar plug-in map for Bazille shortly after the official release, so you can control the effects and extra filters, as well as all of the patch points.
All of the patch points except for the multiplex mod sources, which I don't really understand why they were left out...

Well I think a DIva controller would be a success, then maybe Hive when its more popular. Obviously its easier to design one for hive.
dedication to flying

I'd love to see something like this.

Does anyone know what the MIDI Learn function on the Cable Inputs does in Bazille? I think MS-20IC is really cool that it can patch, but you can't MIDI Learn the cable outputs on Bazille so I'm confused why you can MIDI Learn the inputs. Any thoughts?

there is a lemur template for Hive, might help some people for now.

Suloo wrote:there is a lemur template for Hive, might help some people for now.

I made that one, I didn't finished the mapping because at the time Hive didn't recognize CC's in other midi channels other than channel 1 so you ran out of possible assignments.

I may make one for bazille next but I have no idea how modulations would work.
dedication to flying

So I emailed U-He and found out about the patch points. Seems like that would work really well for Lemur either as menus or knobs with a text readout. Sorry to hear that the matrix is somehow not MIDI assignable... But I just got really excited about playing with patch cords with Lemur. You guys are awesome

rod_zero wrote:
Suloo wrote:there is a lemur template for Hive, might help some people for now.

I made that one, I didn't finished the mapping because at the time Hive didn't recognize CC's in other midi channels other than channel 1 so you ran out of possible assignments.

I may make one for bazille next but I have no idea how modulations would work.
too bad you won't continue with it..

Return to “u-he”