Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear all synthusiasts!

UPDATE April 1st 2015 --->

because the public beta serial ran out today, we've uploaded a new revision 3453 of Hive! Simply download from links below and install over your current Hive.

Currently it looks like I need about two weeks of concentrated work to fix bugs and implement certain features into their final shape. The emphasize is on "concentrated work" since there was too much going on to really concentrate lately. When pretty much the whole staff (less me) of u-he goes on vacation after Musikmesse I think I'll finally find that time. Fingers crossed!

New stuff:

- extended Hive for April/May public beta period
- more Factory Presets previewed
- up to date user guide
- UI update
- Configuration panel (midi learn, midi table and preferences)
- Pan Width control now using sensitivity settingsX =0.5 (2.0 before)
- removed WIP tab (hexagon memory now has two states)
- Sequencer has new Icons for rest/gate/tie
- brightness contrast tweaks to main panes
- new fav / junk icons
- removed WIP tab (hexagon memory now has two states)
- Mod matrix has new On/Off buttons
- new preset browser
- optimized output meter graphics

Bugs fixed:

0001700: LINK mode: Can't reach left parameters via ModMatrix when linked
0001743: Graphic glitches on windows; res ≠100%

Known issues:

- still a lot, but it's in overall good shape!

Enjoy,

- Urs

<---- /UPDATE

I never thought we'd make a synth that's not somewhat geeky. But then, why not make a synth that's all about fun?

Hive started out as my private weekend project. I was trying to figure out how to make the fastest possible supersaw algorithm. It turned out, it's a mixture of so called "mip mapping" and vector processing. This makes Hive a little bit slow when you don't use unison for the oscillators, but it makes Hive exceptionally fast when you do. Well, for the non-unison processing we might add another algorithm some time later ;)

Anyhow, we've also always been bugged about two things: First of all, why don't you make a simple synth that's full fo sweet spots? Secondly, why do all your synths smoke CPUs? So we decided to piece those things together. Fast unison oscillators, a user interface that's "reduced to the max" and an efficient take on those zero delay feedback filters that I call "cheating". Latter are not realistic analogue models, but they sound particularly good with unison oscillators.

So this is how Hive came about.

Unfortunately it's nowhere near a ready state. We're still pondering about some features that we might add, we have a free hexagon to fill, we're discussing alternative UIs, colour schemes and visual feedback. However, we do think it's in a state that's ready for preset design. Whatever changes we'll make, you'll still recognize your preset, and we'll communicate all steps necessary to update them for the final version - if that will be necessary at all.

Now, here go the links:

Hive3453Mac.zip (MacOS X VST/AU/AAX)
Hive3453Win.zip (Windows VST/AAX)
Hive-3305.tar.gz (Linux VST 32/64bit) <- (not yet updated...)

Here's a temporary serial for testing (valid till Jan 31st March 30th May 31st 2015):
Beta Tester
FOYB6-PEM3-O0NF-J59J-UDMG-8Y9S

A word of caution: This is a preview version of Hive. It's not the final product. It's been posted solely to gather some feedback and to let you guys hopefully have a great time with it while we're working on the final details!

And finally, here's a link to order it - for those who want to redeem their survey coupon codes before they expire (most have less than 12 days left):

Click to pre-order Hive ($99 now, $149 for the final)

But before you go there, please try Hive extensively! - The u-he team will take a break over x-mas and new year. If you experience problems after you buy this, please consult the forum. We'll try to keep some support up, but I can't guarantee a timely reply.

Enjoy,

- Urs

Now for the fine print:

- please do not send bug reports to our support account! We know about most of them and we would like to enjoy a few days off :clown:

- use at your own risk - it has bugs!

- feel free to share presets

- feature suggestions are highly welcome, especially if they do not involve adding knobs!

Wonderful......
thanks again. off to buy.
Alas my coupon issued November 6th says invalid.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

And I just bought Oddity 2 yesterday. Fcuk... :D

Really like the modulation routing by drag and drop, beautiful and functional. :love: And having mix for the distortion is very helpful, for a second I was afraid that wouldn't be there... :phew: :tu: Now I'm stuck in a loop I can't get out of here, some wonderful place between lush and filthy... :P :clap: Merry christmas! :party:

zvenx wrote:Wonderful......
rsp
yep, coupon code does not work, unfortunately.

Yup...my coupon code doesn't work either
Last edited by Infinite5ths on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Urs,
tried to pre-order, but my coupon is not working (anymore?). I am not sure whether this is a more general problem, but just in case it's not: through what path should I contact you or your colleagues about this?
TQ

Gosh wrote:
rsp
contact support@u-he.com - the very first ones need to be renewed...

tq wrote:Hi Urs,
tried to pre-order, but my coupon is not working (anymore?). I am not sure whether this is a more general problem, but just in case it's not: through what path should I contact you or your colleagues about this?
TQ
EDIT: Synchronicity. Obviously, I am not the only one...

Feature request:
- add bitcrusher/sample rate reduction to effects (e.g. as extra distortion algorithms)

Question: how do I tie notes in the sequencer? If I set the step to tie, it still triggers a new note.

Gosh wrote:
rsp
If you got one of the "CustomerSurveyXXXXX" ones just write u-he support and they'll give you one that works.

...At any rate I guess you should write support and get one that works. :) Just give them the needed information to identify that you did fill out the survey. :)
I make music like I play Tekken; randomly push buttons and hope for something good to happen.

Urs wrote:
Gosh wrote:
rsp
contact support@u-he.com - the very first ones need to be renewed...
Just did, but these are the second type.
the four sets of four alphanumeric values.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

My code is already in the xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format and it doesn't work, so I wrote support. Hoping for the best :tu:

EvilDragon wrote:And I just bought Oddity 2 yesterday. Fcuk... :D
but your in the closed beta team^^

Gosh wrote:
rsp
Same here unfortunately , a buggette in the system

Mine is a xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx code
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “u-he”