Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AHAHAHAHAHAHA nearly 18 minute release time with the constant trick

dumbledog wrote:AHAHAHAHAHAHA nearly 18 minute release time with the constant trick

lol. You've discovered a new kind of music.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

bftucker wrote: I am assuming that the user will be give a choice of what the large middle hexagon will display. I like the idea of a large oscilloscope, just to keep me visually as well as sonically entertained.
I've never been a huge fan of oscilloscopes in synths - but I kind of agree with you there. That looks very nice!

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I really hope it will be even more useful stuff in the hexagon.

Finally i am happy to share with you my experiment with Hive:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=430905

Noodling with some of the sounds. Totally naked Hive and playing. :)
https://soundcloud.com/hollosound/hollohivefree

Haven't read the threads or played with Hive for a few weeks. The question: Are there any good new tutorial videos yet? I bought Hive, but can't do anything with it until there's a proper tutorial video. That's just the way my brain is wired. Need a good overview followed by many good examples.

Where are user presets stored? I don't see mine in the presets folder. Also, when you install the new version, does it delete the presets from the old version? It doesn't look clear what's going to happen when you install the new version. BTW, the Hive installer is still much clearer than most others!

click on "preset", right click or ctrl+click on a preset name then in the menu, click on "reveal in Finder"

martingifford wrote:Where are user presets stored? I don't see mine in the presets folder. Also, when you install the new version, does it delete the presets from the old version? It doesn't look clear what's going to happen when you install the new version. BTW, the Hive installer is still much clearer than most others!
Your presets are stored in whichever folder Hive's browser is currently in/you were browsing in. If you want to avoid this, before clicking "save", click on "presets" first to open the browser, navigate to the folder you'd like to save it in, and click "save". Just be careful not to click on another preset before saving as you'd lose all your work!

You can make your own user folder, which is recommended, by right-clicking in the folder tree and choosing "create new folder". This will create it within whichever folder you right-clicked on.

You can also drag and drop your presets from one folder to another.

hollo wrote:I really hope it will be even more useful stuff in the hexagon.

Finally i am happy to share with you my experiment with Hive:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=430905

Noodling with some of the sounds. Totally naked Hive and playing. :)
https://soundcloud.com/hollosound/hollohivefree
Super Joseph as usual
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

bftucker wrote:Image

I am assuming that the user will be give a choice of what the large middle hexagon will display. I like the idea of a large oscilloscope, just to keep me visually as well as sonically entertained.

:clap:
from where is this screenshot? looks great! i like the colours much more!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

So it will have skins or they have decided to switch the colour of the GUI? I am confortable now as it is.
dedication to flying

As for the empty Hexagon area, draw cryptical lines of Wraith*) algorithm characters to stay in the Hive theme :-).

*) Stargate Atlantis

That was a pre-release screenshot, if I'm not mistaken.

jsp1979 wrote:That was a pre-release screenshot, if I'm not mistaken.
wow, i actually dig this more !
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
bftucker wrote:
I am assuming that the user will be give a choice of what the large middle hexagon will display.
from where is this screenshot? looks great! i like the colours much more!
An early prototype from the U-He website.

As I said, I assume we will get to choose according to our "needs," as the arp is at present. And I also assume that the U-He team will surprise us with the fully-developed Hive!!

Thanks Hollo -- and all you others -- for the inspiring sounds. Spent a couple hours this morning playing just a very small portion of the presets already available.

:phones: :love: :phones:
바보

Return to “u-he”