Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:I wish there was a way to save the GUI size. I work on a small laptop so I have to change it to 90% every time I open up a new instance just so that it fits on my screen. A small but annoying hindrance.
Working on it :)
Nice!

Urs wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:I wish there was a way to save the GUI size. I work on a small laptop so I have to change it to 90% every time I open up a new instance just so that it fits on my screen. A small but annoying hindrance.
Working on it :)
Excellent! Thank you! :hail:
[Insert Signature Here]

Not sure if this feature is possible to implement ...
A way to input values to the step sequencer's modulation amount for each step via a midi controllers knob position and have it advance to the next step , then set the midi controller knob to a value, then proceed to the next step using a button that can also be linked to a midi controllers button.
Basically the same way Notes can be input/ recorded to the steps. Instead midi controller values can be recorded for each step without having to click and drag up or down with the mouse OR instead of a button to move to the next step, You would be able to set the value of the corresponding cc or velocity amount as You progress from step to step while entering the notes/ pitches.
Last edited by Nutrinoland on Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

We're nearing the end of March, and it looks like there'll be another release before the final. Will the intro price be extended until the final is out? I kinda... blew an Elektron-sized hole in my synth budget this month :o

Nutrinoland wrote:Not sure if this feature is possible to implement ...
A way to input values to the step sequencer's modulation amount for each step via a midi controllers knob position and have it advance to the next step , then set the midi controller knob to a value, then proceed to the next step using a button that can also be linked to a midi controllers button.
Basically the same way Notes can be input/ recorded to the steps. Instead midi controller values can be recorded for each step without having to click and drag up or down with the mouse OR instead of a button to move to the next step, You would be able to set the value of the corresponding cc or velocity amount as You progress from step to step while entering the notes/ pitches.
We have a key control feature that does this, but we haven't unleashed it yet because it doesn't fully work in every host (Logic for instance intercepts numerical keys).

dumbledog wrote:We're nearing the end of March, and it looks like there'll be another release before the final. Will the intro price be extended until the final is out? I kinda... blew an Elektron-sized hole in my synth budget this month :o
I need to sleep over it. I'm sure we'll keep the intro offer for a while, but I'm not sure we'll have a free public beta much longer.

Hi,

is there a way to invert the amp envelope?

Urs, I have a suggestion. It would be nice to have two arp/sequence sections, one for osc 1 and one for osc 2. This would permit us to make sequences with both melody and counterpoint. Failing that, it would be nice to be able to switch off arp/sequencing for either oscillator so that one voice could play a sequence over the top of a pad played by the other oscillator; the on/off buttons could be to the right of where it now says "ARPEGGIATOR".

But I'm guessing it's too late for such a major re-routing.

Edit
I think I've found a bug (feature) in Hive. If I click on the virtual keyboard in Hive's interface, sometimes the virtual key gets 'stuck down' and the sound keeps playing. It's not something I know how to reproduce other than by continually trying until it happens. This is Hive rev 3304 running in 32-bit Ableton Live 9 Suite version 9.1.7.
Last edited by garryknight on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi everybody. I just bought Hive an hour ago and I'm trying to make some noises. Is it there some kind of tutorials or manual?

ARROY wrote: Is it there some kind of tutorials or manual?
For the manual access , one click on the Uhe logo enough. .

Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

So, has there been any decision on what the last hexagon will be? :)

garryknight wrote:
I think I've found a bug (feature) in Hive. If I click on the virtual keyboard in Hive's interface, sometimes the virtual key gets 'stuck down' and the sound keeps playing. It's not something I know how to reproduce other than by continually trying until it happens. This is Hive rev 3304 running in 32-bit Ableton Live 9 Suite version 9.1.7.
It's a feature. Double click on the keys will hold the note for you, to free up your hands to tweak the synth :wink:

Shiek927 wrote:So, has there been any decision on what the last hexagon will be? :)
A good question: honey perhaps ? 8)
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

geronimo wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:So, has there been any decision on what the last hexagon will be? :)
A good question: honey perhaps ? 8)
check out the facts thread...

in short: I can't make up my mind and postpone Hexagon news to a subsequent (and naturally free) .x update...

Urs wrote:I need to sleep over it. I'm sure we'll keep the intro offer for a while, but I'm not sure we'll have a free public beta much longer.
Understood; thanks much.

Return to “u-he”