Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mod wheel - option to not be springy? (mod wheel stays where you leave it)

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this sort of thing...

I found some clicking when my notes were maybe too close together... I tried making a basic trance triple note bass.

This folder contains the screenshots of the synth, the note pattern and the clicking. It's more pronounced when the filters are engaged. I tried to simplify it to troubleshoot, but the sound persisted.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Feature Request: keyboard input for numerical values such as Transpose, Semi-tone(knob) after clicking. Please! :)

The other dropdowns for Unison, Voices, Octave, Semi-tone, are alright, but I'd rather have keyboard input.

Ideally, I could click on a knob, then input a number. The number would take effect on the parameter when I press enter or click on something else. Also, I would like this concept applied to waveforms and filter types as well. Click on waveforms+ gets Sine wave, etc.

Are you trying a psytrance bassline? I wasn't able to listen or it was probably too low on my laptop speakers but it kinda looked like it from the triplets. Anyways, did you try setting the osc phase to reset rather than flow and random?

The culprit seems to be the Release (Amp1). Values less than 3 click on note off. The phase type (reset, flow, random) give a different pattern to the clicking, but it persists.

Um yes! psytrance!

Hmmm, Ive used it on a few basslines now and it sounds awesome. Not had any clicking issues I can remember. I use a single saw for my bass and usually around 145-150 if that makes a difference for you. Maybe youre making darker stuff thats at a higher bpm? I know that gives some issues

edit: come to think of it, maybe the release did give me some clicking. Ill check again later and confirm.

themachinelt wrote:
chrisdee wrote:
ronnyrydgren wrote:Btw is there someone who would want pan on sub osc? I think its ridiculous that when paning osc 1 that also the sub pans with it. i though sub was suppose to sit nice in center of the mix when doing bass sounds or something.

Also a fx bypass would be nice on sub osc! Why? Nice to have the low end free of distortion, reverb, or other fx of the bass patch=)

PLEASE URS !!
Good idea. I vote for that as long as it doesn't affect performance.
Indeed a good idea
I second that.

More prog rock presets from Howard :tu:
Hive is capable of such sweet sounds, warm and musical. Please don't let it turn into yet another cold EDM, house or trance noise peddler. Let it sing.
The beautiful organic sounds Howard showcased at the Messe prove that Hive can inspire composers to write luscious music. Bring in Bach and Waters!

Fleer wrote:More prog rock presets from Howard :tu:
Hive is capable of such sweet sounds, warm and musical. Please don't let it turn into yet another cold EDM, house or trance noise peddler. Let it sing.
The beautiful organic sounds Howard showcased at the Messe prove that Hive can inspire composers to write luscious music. Bring in Bach and Waters!
I honestly want to hear more EDM of any style really. We're in a funny situation where I've heard more non-EDM Hive patches at this point then otherwise :P.

But I don't think, whatever style, you have to worry about Hive sounding cold. Hive is lush and organic :3.

I think this Synthesizer has a great sound. It can be used for every kind of electronic music. I compared Hive to the sylenth1 synth. But I love this special sound Hive provides. Sylenth1 does not have this natural clear sound.

True, Shiek and hihu, but there's something in Howard's sounds making Hive shine in a way not many competitors do. There's a kind of deep warmth, a 3D feeling of musicality, that really inspires and, for me, turns Hive into a real "instrument", whereas many typical "EDM" patches just sound the way you expect them to (although very good indeed).
This amazing opportunity to create an authentic, living instrument as found in some of Howard's non-EDM patches makes my heart jump a beat :)

Fleer wrote:True, Shiek and hihu, but there's something in Howard's sounds making Hive shine in a way not many competitors do. There's a kind of deep warmth, a 3D feeling of musicality, that really inspires and, for me, turns Hive into a real "instrument", whereas many typical "EDM" patches just sound the way you expect them to (although very good indeed).
This amazing opportunity to create an authentic, living instrument as found in some of Howard's non-EDM patches makes my heart jump a beat :)
Indeed :). It sounds the most hardware-like out of any soft-synth I've come across to date. Even with it's limited featue-set, you can definitely get very organic sounds out of Hive :3.

When would Hive Skins be available ? has anyone made any already ?

Hi,

I'm noticing and aliasing types distortion changing parameters in the effects sections. Especially when modulating them ie, distortion amt. Is this a known thing?

With the attached preset you can hear it, or reduce the modulation in MM01 and change the Distortion Amount
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gwok on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Graphical request: Easier distinction on Filter: Input selected: Are they all selected or all deselected? Sure, it's easy to see when one is different from the others, but when they're all the same, it looks very similar.

Return to “u-he”