Latest builds - Revision 3304 (incl. GUI fix for LogicX 10.1)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nilhartman wrote:I've just updated Diva (and Bazille and Satin) this afternoon, and I've noticed "missing / stuck notes" issues since then, with both patches that used to work perfectly and newly created ones. I'm using the AU64 with Live 9.1.7.

Another weird bug : I've been using Diva since day 1, and it's the second time (after an update) that I have the following issue with the Oscillator Voice Detune section :
- until Diva 1.1 or .2 (can't remember, sorry), if I had a monophonic patch, with 2 voices and no stack, the OSC's would be detuned following the 1st column (on the left).
- then after that very update, the same patch would be detuned according to the setting of the 8th column (on the right)...
- and since that last build, it's back to the first one.
It's not a big deal, but i just wish it won't change again with the next update ;)

As usual, bravo for the fantastic work anyway !
Weird, I've just started getting stuck notes only with Diva 2570 in my project on Cubase 8.05. I thought it was Cubase, which is still pretty buggy.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

chokehold wrote:
Urs wrote:oops, yes... Satin is definitely missing...
No, it's not, poor formatting is all.

Michael put all the links rightbehindeachotherwithoutanyspacesaroundthecommas, so the Satin link is "cropped". I can just about see half the "S" of the Satin link, the new Satin version will download when I (manage to) click it.

Rev 3304 Mac: Presswerk, Satin
Rev 3304 Win: Presswerk, Satin
yo, should be better now...
thx

DarkStar wrote:ZebraCM too?
:)
no longer available. only via computer music.

a-type wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
[1392] Sound differences between rev 1560 and the current build
Sorry, i do not was watch to topic long time, about what kind of difference do mean?
Yes I was wondering about this too. Could you elaborate on what this refers to?

Oh, and also thanks for all your hard work guys! Here's some u-he love right at you guys :party: :D
This refers to different sounding patches between old and new revisions. For Diva this is likely still the case and is mainly related to the "Oscillator Voice Detune" Module. Here, we allocate voices in a different order, which can lead to different sounding presets. If you like to compare stuff (on OSX), use for example the Diva version from our website (AudioUnit) and compare it to the VST version from this build (3304). Looking forward to your findings.
Cheers,
Michael

joe_04_04 wrote:I can't tell right away, since the original bug was kinda sporadic, but does this fix this issue?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=428971
Edit: Just checked... Bug is still there
Thats true. We are able to reproduce the issue but still have to look deeper into it.
However, we think that the usecase in which the bug occurs, is not "that" common. If i understood you correctly: the bug only occurs, when replacing an existing instance of Presswerk with an other instance of Presswerk? Right? If the goal was to copy a preset to an other track, why not simply saving presets and loading them into the other instance?
Nevertheless - we'll will investigate deeper and will fix this - when possible, however i can't say within what time horizon.
Cheers,
Michael

Weird, I've just started getting stuck notes only with Diva 2570 in my project on Cubase 8.05. I thought it was Cubase, which is still pretty buggy.
what happens when using revision 3304?

nilhartman wrote:I've just updated Diva (and Bazille and Satin) this afternoon, and I've noticed "missing / stuck notes" issues since then, with both patches that used to work perfectly and newly created ones. I'm using the AU64 with Live 9.1.7.

Another weird bug : I've been using Diva since day 1, and it's the second time (after an update) that I have the following issue with the Oscillator Voice Detune section :
- until Diva 1.1 or .2 (can't remember, sorry), if I had a monophonic patch, with 2 voices and no stack, the OSC's would be detuned following the 1st column (on the left).
- then after that very update, the same patch would be detuned according to the setting of the 8th column (on the right)...
- and since that last build, it's back to the first one.
It's not a big deal, but i just wish it won't change again with the next update ;)

As usual, bravo for the fantastic work anyway !
Thanks for your report. That's very correct - we changed the order of voices in the Oscillator Voice Detune section. I commented on that in an other thread.. a bit earlier. In case this bugs you, i recommend using revision 2709, which can be found here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... hilit=2709
or to use the version from our website.

I will talk to Urs regarding this behavior. We might have to work on this again.

Regarding the missing or hanging notes, is it possible to send in steps on how to reproduce this, or to send a project, which demonstrates the issue? Please send it to support (at) u-he.com

It would be great, if you could also send in some pre 3304 patches (audio & preset) and some audio & preset made with the old Diva revision. So we could hear, how severe the "Oscillator Voice Detune" issue is.

Thanks again!
Cheers,
Michael

Regarding the missing or hanging notes, is it possible to send in steps on how to reproduce this, or to send a project, which demonstrates the issue? Please send it to support (at) u-he.com
Michael,

I sent in as earlier comment some steps to reproduce:
You can replicate this by using the factory preset HS All Processors and play a midi with several consecutive one bar notes.
(I'm using Ableton Live 9.1.7 64bit and DIVA VST)

Just compare 2165 and 3304 and you will see.

Regards

I've just set a simple session to reproduce it.
- (almost) default patch / Legato / 2 voices / 1 stack
- MIDI sequence is sent by Five12 Numerology (sync'd to Live via Rewire, MIDI being sent via an IAC port).
You'll see, you'll have to loop the sequence to get those missing and hanging notes. I'm sending you both files now.

IIRC, that very same bug already happened with a previous build (and I then sent a session to reproduce it to the support team).

About the order of Oscillator Voice Detune settings : as long as it's just inverted/reverted, not randomized, I can deal with it ;)

Thanks again Michael !
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nBeat wrote:@Urs; I'm not sure. Don't you think it's strange that from one (public) revision to another,
they suddenly crash two hosts that at least I never had any real problems with before.
I've been contemplating this during the day and figured it has to be something with a
compiler setting or the installers and how they're set up. Maybe worth checking out.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but, haven't pretty much every problem so far been dealing with
other hosts and OS related stuff eg. compatibilities/permissions? That's how I perceive it,
following this forum for some years.
Urs wrote:Btw. the error message is highly misleading. If they claim our plug-ins are buggy, I'll say the host is coded sloppy.
Maybe it's just their way of saying there's a bug or two present, not suggesting your plugs
are bug-ridden. :shrug:

[edited spelling]
[Update] This build (3304) works in the Public Beta 8.605 for Orion (64Bit). Please get in touch with synapse-audio, to learn where to get 8.605. EnergyXT 2.7 (and 3.0 v1 BETA) is still crashing on Win. We've contacted XT Software and are waiting for an answer.
Cheers,
Michael

u-he-michael wrote:
what happens when using revision 3304?
Forgive me - I am not up-to-date. I always try to stay updated and assumed I was. I'll install that and le you know.

Thanks for the reply...
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Urs wrote:
SciFiArtMan wrote:I see the long-running issue of U-He plugins not working properly (text to plugin) in Cakewalk Sonar X series listed as "Known Issues 1408" - at the bottom of the list. I hope it can be moved to the TOP and fixed on the next round, please!!! :)

Thanks for the fixes you have addressed!
Well, it's a tough issue. We would prefer for it to be fixed from Cakewalk's side because otherwise we're afraid that any form of workaround will cause further trouble, maybe in other hosts. That said, text input works fine in most other hosts hence there's something going on that's outside of our direct access.
I've installed the new Sonar and tested this in Zebra, Diva, and Bazille. It's fixed. What you type (in Presetname in Zebra, for example) is what you get.

great news. thanks! i ordered the new Sonar and will double-check it here.
Cheers,
Michael

u-he-michael wrote: [Update] This build (3304) works in the Public Beta 8.605 for Orion (64Bit). Please get in touch with synapse-audio, to learn where to get 8.605. EnergyXT 2.7 (and 3.0 v1 BETA) is still crashing on Win. We've contacted XT Software and are waiting for an answer.
Thank you for looking into this.

Rev3304 (all) shows up in Orion8.605b (32/64bit) and can be loaded,
except for Presswerk which still don't show up in 32bit Orion.

GUI anomalies:
When changing to a user theme the graphics get screwed up in MFM2 and ZebraHZ.

Open/re-open the GUI:
http://www.omnitaur.se/temp/MFM2_rev330 ... 5_3264.png
Clicking in different areas:
Open/re-open the GUI (Eclectus' "Spaced Out" theme):

However, when you choose 'make default', the GUI shows up normal, but only when a new
instance is loaded. Open and close the gui window doesn't correct the GUI.
Perhaps a minor issue at this point, except for Presswerk in Orion(32bit) and of course, eXT2.

I'll do some more testing...

u-he-michael wrote:
joe_04_04 wrote:I can't tell right away, since the original bug was kinda sporadic, but does this fix this issue?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=428971
Edit: Just checked... Bug is still there
Thats true. We are able to reproduce the issue but still have to look deeper into it.
However, we think that the usecase in which the bug occurs, is not "that" common. If i understood you correctly: the bug only occurs, when replacing an existing instance of Presswerk with an other instance of Presswerk? Right? If the goal was to copy a preset to an other track, why not simply saving presets and loading them into the other instance?
Nevertheless - we'll will investigate deeper and will fix this - when possible, however i can't say within what time horizon.
Cheers,
Michael
In all honesty, tons of people use this workflow. It is multiple times faster than saving a preset and reloading it. All other Avid and third party plugins I own work fine with this. Saving a preset just to copy the plug over to another channel would create tons of presets Id probably have to delete shortly after cause I'd never use them again. Not a huge issue in all honesty, cause all you have to do is de activate the plugin (not bypass) and re activate it and it recalculates the proper compensation, just a little annoying. I definitely understand it not being top of the line priority, but I'm glad you have stated you will fix it. It's the only plugin I own that does this.

Anyway, excellent plhgin. Very excited to use it more and maybe even see the different views being brought back for fun.

Return to “u-he”