The Hive Hexagon Thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

stoersignal wrote:--- analog sounding?? where does this play any role in chiptune music?
It sounds fatter and has more depth which just sounds better to my ears :)

Hi U-he,

I really wish to see more then the 2 free LFOs beside the 2 hardwired ones in HIVE one day. I am often in need of 4 LFOs or other sources which are moving and can be defined in speed and shape.

I often use a LFO to help the first LFO-modulation out of its repeatingly static behaviour. Doing that there would be none left in Hive and we are speaking of just modulating one parameter in one OSC. Is there any chance for such an expansion? Would be very happy about that. Regards.

nichttuntun wrote:Hi U-he,

I really wish to see more then the 2 free LFOs beside the 2 hardwired ones in HIVE one day. I am often in need of 4 LFOs or other sources which are moving and can be defined in speed and shape.

I often use a LFO to help the first LFO-modulation out of its repeatingly static behaviour. Doing that there would be none left in Hive and we are speaking of just modulating one parameter in one OSC. Is there any chance for such an expansion? Would be very happy about that. Regards.
We'll consider another modulation source. I'm not yet sure if, what and how.

Urs wrote:

Thats cool to have it some day. :tu: Time is an illusion anyway. So take all the time you need :D
At the moment I don´t use HIVE at all to be honest. I find it too limiting in its sound sculpting possibilities and the OSC. But it has potential with all the plans you have for HIVE and I´ll be glad to return to it one day :)
Have joy and good luck achieving your wishes for your products.

I've been following this thread with great interest and have the demo of Hive on my machine. I've been enjoying getting to know it and am excited to see where the development goes before I make a purchase.

I've also had some ideas for the revision of Hive

Drag Parameters - for eg, setting the octave of an oscillator, click once and drag either up or down.

Double click to enter values.

Use the sequencer to control both Modulation targets (Control A/B) at the same time with independent CC values

Extra Control C / Control D sequencing targets or a dedicated or more robust stepper.

Hard Sync - I know it's audio rate, but I think Hive could really scream with it. It has an amazing sound engine for a synth that's supposed to be cpu light.

Looking forward to hearing the new waveforms.

mkruse wrote:Double click to enter values.
Depending on your host software (i.e. not Logic), just type away & press enter to set a value for the last control touched. Requires recent beta of Hive.

Re. Control C/D etc... not yet sure about that, but we will be adding more mod sources eventually.

Re. HardSync... https://u-he.com/urs/HiveSync.mp3 <- this isn't sync, but it's kind of where we're going with this... the algorithms are still WIP.

Hard Sync WIP sound good!

Thanks, hehe, perhaps I'll try another, maybe later today...

None of these GUIs are going to look like that in the end. Those are mock ups for lay outs. 1 is the best layout. Everything in the right place. a knob where you want a knob. No figure anything out, just grab and go. everything in an organized place right where it should be.

oops, other thread.... hahaha.

As we're pretty certain now as to what's gonna happen... I'm switching this topic to a standard topic.

We'll have in-depth discussion soon once we have screenshots with the new features and everything.

Urs wrote:

How about adding a modulation source like Rossum Electro's Control Forge....? :o

brick wrote:How about adding a modulation source like Rossum Electro's Control Forge....? :o
That would definitely irritate some people - I think it's a concept too complicated for Zebra even :hihi:

Is it too late to submit an idea?

How about a Bee Hive based modulation mapper? kind of like a sequenced X/Y area that starts from the center of the hexagonal bee hive map and then it loops the drawn area or just one shot?

Taking it one step further, you can make presets of such modulation patterns and recall them via midi key assignment so if a sequence is playing then that bee hive mod map can change patterns of the modulated parameters

Does that make sense or should I maybe make a drawing explaining it?
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Urs wrote:
brick wrote:How about adding a modulation source like Rossum Electro's Control Forge....? :o
That would definitely irritate some people - I think it's a concept too complicated for Zebra even :hihi:
Ha! Yeah quite likely it would drive some folks mad. It could be mad more accessible though in the context of a modern GUI. That screen of the CF is tiny for the amount of power in the module.

Be great to have something like it though, make a nice change from the conventional modulation sources we see in most synths.

How about an additonal LFO , with extra shapes (Studio Electronics STE16 module) , an inbuilt quantizer , with a depth knob for the amount of quantization....

Return to “u-he”