Check this out!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We'll look into VST3 after Hive.

Urs wrote:We'll look into VST3 after Hive.
Thanks! I realize it's more of a chore than the fun stuff you guys are constantly sharing with us. But it's very appreciated. :tu:

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So under the hood each view has a fixed set of settings from the main view? Wouldn't then be usefull to know exactly each one configuration? In part to learn how to better use the main view.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:So under the hood each view has a fixed set of settings from the main view? Wouldn't then be usefull to know exactly each one configuration? In part to learn how to better use the main view.
initialize view -> go to normal. That's your setting :)

(but ok, we can elaborate a bit more, if need be)

Well I am learning about the topic so for me, and I suppose others, it would be interesting to know why each set of settings are good for the given task described in the "quick guide to views" pdf.

more like the satin guide where it describes the encoder options and also has a tips section.

Thanks!
dedication to flying

the manual also gives good enlightment about all the single parameters.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but is this available yet on the Linux version?

Edit: NEVERMIND. Didn't notice the links in the OP.

hmm, maybe others can chime in, but to me it's kind of a bummer all the panels' sidechain knob is the highpass filter. Kind of a shame there is no access to the int/ext and you always have to break the view just to set the sidechain, and then lose the ease of use of the simplified panel.

gwok wrote:hmm, maybe others can chime in, but to me it's kind of a bummer all the panels' sidechain knob is the highpass filter. Kind of a shame there is no access to the int/ext and you always have to break the view just to set the sidechain, and then lose the ease of use of the simplified panel.
Of course the views can only be a compromise, and they can't please everyone equally. Indeed, that's often the hardest part in product development, to find some 'common sense'.
You're missing the full SC feature set, another one might perhaps want full access to all compressor params, a 3rd one might want to tweak the saturation to taste. You see, if we take all that into account we'd end right in the main view ;)
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Sure, of course. I'm just surprised that the high pass made it instead, especially since most other comps (that I have anyway) that are simple based UI's all have the SC option available without any clutter. As well, it doesn't really have to be a knob, it could just be a switch, ie %100.

Filtering out the bass is often needed for sum & bus material, to avoid pumping or mis-triggering. Some are only switchable, but it's generally good to have it sweepable.
IMO, this is more often needed than external sidechaining.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

ok sure, though a switch for enabling SC in a few of the views I think would be pretty handy and reasonable.

cheers

Wow - nice and friendly views. Huge help. Thanks!

this is very cool! thanks!

Return to “u-he”