Feature Request : MPE support

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Ok I just found out the huge bummer about the consequences of not having a 48 note up/down pitch range. Sliding up or down doesn't land on the right notes. I was just about to buy bazille as it seemed to be the one, along with diva, that I'd be able to use with bitwigs touch screen but it's just not useful without the proper pitch range.

Big ol' sad face on this discovery -> :(
The pitch-bend can work correctly, at least with the Roli keyboard. Just set the pitch-bend range to 24 in the Roli dashboard. Problem solved. The CC74 issue still remains for now.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Ok I just found out the huge bummer about the consequences of not having a 48 note up/down pitch range. Sliding up or down doesn't land on the right notes. I was just about to buy bazille as it seemed to be the one, along with diva, that I'd be able to use with bitwigs touch screen but it's just not useful without the proper pitch range.

It's easy enough to patch in more range for now - it's a modular, remember!

Ciberithm wrote:

The pitch-bend can work correctly, at least with the Roli keyboard. Just set the pitch-bend range to 24 in the Roli dashboard. Problem solved. The CC74 issue still remains for now.
This isn't working correctly for me... with Zebra, I have pitch bend range set to +/- 24, Bitwig set to force MPE, and in order to get the scaling right, I have to set the Seaboard to a range of 12. That makes no sense to me, since you would think +/- 24 is a range of 48. But that's the only way I've found to get the scaling correct.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Just wanted to bump this up. I started using Bitwig with my surface pro 3 and the lack of support for MPE from u-he is disappointing. They're my favourite synths but I will probably be using Reaktor a lot more now since at least I can use the timbre expression monophonicly.

Urs wrote:Once the standard is defined, we'll happily adopt it.

Our last info during Musikmesse was, it's still a draft.
And it will stay a draft as long as there's no significant market adoption that proves that the spec is fine - that's how standards committee work. Please u-he, make the effort, push it forward! We will be super grateful!

Bitwig along with FXpansion and their Strobe 2 synth has taken the lead on this. While it's great that Roli was able to bundle a free copy of Strobe 2 with my Rise, I sure would love to see MPE come to Hive, Diva, and Bazille - seeing how I own and love these synths.

jwise wrote:Bitwig along with FXpansion and their Strobe 2 synth has taken the lead on this. While it's great that Roli was able to bundle a free copy of Strobe 2 with my Rise, I sure would love to see MPE come to Hive, Diva, and Bazille - seeing how I own and love these synths.
+1 (again)

It's so close too! Just a little more work is needed!

pdxindy wrote:
jwise wrote:Bitwig along with FXpansion and their Strobe 2 synth has taken the lead on this. While it's great that Roli was able to bundle a free copy of Strobe 2 with my Rise, I sure would love to see MPE come to Hive, Diva, and Bazille - seeing how I own and love these synths.
+1 (again)

It's so close too! Just a little more work is needed!
+2 (again)

For now Reaktor and Falcon are stealing my attention due to the 48 bend range and MPE.

We'll get a Linnstrument shortly which I've set out for myself to learn.

Roger had the booth next to us at Superbooth and he was quite happy with our support already, but I guess we can add the few missing pieces (+/-48 semi PB, Controller 74) without too much trouble. Not sure about Ch 1 or 16 being some sort of "master" - that sounds a bit messy to me.

Urs wrote:We'll get a Linnstrument shortly which I've set out for myself to learn.

Roger had the booth next to us at Superbooth and he was quite happy with our support already, but I guess we can add the few missing pieces (+/-48 semi PB, Controller 74) without too much trouble. Not sure about Ch 1 or 16 being some sort of "master" - that sounds a bit messy to me.
That's good news. Looking forward to that. i have all U-he synths minus hive and I really feel I'm missing out when using them with Bitwig in touch mode. Especially if the timbre expression worked would be great.

FWIW Aalto also has some pretty nice MPE support. A pure bliss with the Rise. Can't wait to have similar support with U-He synths :)
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote:FWIW Aalto also has some pretty nice MPE support. A pure bliss with the Rise. Can't wait to have similar support with U-He synths :)
I have too many soft synths as it is. Komplete 10, everything U-HE minus Hive, and a bunch of stuff I bought but don't even have installed at the moment. I don't really want to buy more. U-He are my favourite synths and since getting Bitwig to use on a Surface Pro, I have used the U-he stuff less and less, and they're my favourite synths.

VST instrument developers are overlooking this, in my opinion. The potential is great, especially with controllers like the Linn one and the Roli stuff.

I hear you. My fav synths as well. All I need is Diva and Bazille, really, to make my electronic, synth driven tunes. But I've been struggling for years to have the most limited set-up, so I don't have a bazillion plugins. Something like K10 would be a total nightmare for me: way too many options (and I've never gelled with NI's stuffs TBH)!
I've been rediscovering Aalto since I bought my Rise though, as that synth is also made to work with Madrona Labs' own MPE controller: http://madronalabs.com/soundplane
Last edited by nilhartman on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Restless wrote:... everything U-HE minus Hive
Shame on you! :wink:
BTW I think we might have aimed it too precisely at EDM - Hive is really an allrounder, and by far the best synth we have for effect parameter modulation. Thinking about alternative skin(s)...

Howard wrote:Hive is really an allrounder, and by far the best synth we have for effect parameter modulation.
I honestly wished I knew before - I would have jumped on early buyer promo or one of Bitwig ones. I have never even demo it properly before! :)

@nilhartman, @Restless: Aalto while nice may be considered a yet another synth, but Kaivo from MadronaLabs is something else and unbelievable - nothing like this from u-he and not sure who would be the competition at all!

Return to “u-he”