Zebra Mousewheel Only Works on Primary Monitor

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there,

I am sorry if this has already been reported, I looked but could not find anything regarding it. I am running Zebra 2.7.1 on Windows 8.1 with Ableton Live 9 with 2 monitors and I just realized that if I drag Zebra's VST window over to the other monitor the mouse wheel stops working. If I drag it back over to the other monitor, it works again. I tried moving Ableton's window over and closing/re-opening Zebra's window but it did not take and refused to work unless it was residing in the main monitor's window.

Anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?

Either way, I'd like to take a moment and thank Urs and all of u-he for making Zebra and friends. :phones: :tu:

JCH321 wrote:Hey there,

I am sorry if this has already been reported, I looked but could not find anything regarding it. I am running Zebra 2.7.1 on Windows 8.1 with Ableton Live 9 with 2 monitors and I just realized that if I drag Zebra's VST window over to the other monitor the mouse wheel stops working. If I drag it back over to the other monitor, it works again. I tried moving Ableton's window over and closing/re-opening Zebra's window but it did not take and refused to work unless it was residing in the main monitor's window.

Anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?

Either way, I'd like to take a moment and thank Urs and all of u-he for making Zebra and friends. :phones: :tu:

Confirmed. Same issue here. Actually I always assumed the mouse wheel function wasn't working because I always work on the plugin on a secondary monitor!

Confirmed, with Bitwig and Windows 8.1.

Confirmed (cubase, win 10)

+1 in Reaper 5.0,win7,Z2-2.7.1
Last edited by ere2learn on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hmm, doesn't happen over here in Reaper 5.

What zebra version you on ED?

Latest beta. Also, W7 here. Mousewheeling on the second monitor sure works over here.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

+1 for me, zebra, diva, Hive and other vst from other companies does not work as well.

I don't know if it's a U-He thing or something due to VST API that does not work on the second screen.

BTW I use lastest live (9.2) and windows 8.1, 64bit.
God save the Groove!

Mousewheel on second monitor does not work here on Reaper 5.40x64 Windows 7.

In Tyrell, Podolski, and HZ, mousewheel won't work on the second monitor. If window is half on one screen half on the other the half on #1 works, half on #2 does not. Spinning the wheel causes the window to get focus but will not move a knob or scroll presets. edit: most of the plugins below which behave properly do not necessarily receive focus (changing color of window title bar) just from mousewheeling a knob. They do get that from clicks/drags however.

They are arranged like this if it matters:
[2]
[1]
rather than [1][2] or [2][1].

Other plugins acting similarly:
Ignite Emissary Amp Sim (free)
Alchemy

Plugins that seem to behave properly in this regard:
OBXD (Free Synth)
Tunefish4 (Free Synth)
MUX Modular (Free Synth)
Voxengo OldSkoolVerb (Free Effect)
TAL Reverb 4 (Free Effect)
TDR Feedback Compressor II and Nova (Free Effects)
Slate Drums vsti
Valhalla Room

Still can't duplicate that in latest Reaper. W10 here now - works fine.

Tested on OSX (10.11.6) with Reaper 5.4 and Zebra 2.7.2 - everything works ok. The mousewheel works on the window with focus and without focus (with floating and docked plugin GUI).

Seems like it's a Windows thing...

Reported quite some time ago, worked like that from the beginning for me, it's been 4 years now.
God save the Groove!

Found some discussion of an unrelated program where they were having this problem, and it was said that the "Main Display" in Windows Control Panel had to be the leftmost and/or topmost screen. Tried it and now mousewheel works on both screens here. I don't like having the taskbar on that screen, but it's an acceptable tradeoff.

The Zebra window receives focus whenever wheel is used on it, however. This is not the case with Alchemy and Emissary, which were behaving similarly (mousewheel not working), but work now. Somewhat unfortunate because in Reaper, when plugins have focus, a large number of keyboard commands won't get to the main program. Well, a lesser issue.

So...good news/ymmv...

If you try this it might shuffle your desktop icons and cause some windows to form off screen. I had to use autohotkey to get the Reaper jsfx edit window back on screen.

_A_O_ wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:19 pm [...] it was said that the "Main Display" in Windows Control Panel had to be the leftmost and/or topmost screen. [...]
I recently changed my monitor setup and it is only since then that I have realized this particular issue. Before it, my leftmost display was set as the primary one and I can't remember having any problem with the mousewheel when playing with any of my soft-synths or whatever plug-in. However, I have tried to figure out if it is only with u-he software and sadly it is.

Regardless of what host I employ, all interface knobs of those soft instruments that are admitted to receive mouse-over control - meaning without having to hold down the left mouse button while changing any parameter - work fine on my secondary, but now leftmost display. Again it is only u-he's UIs that don't work as expected on my secondary but leftmost display.

As we can observe, this seems to be an ongoing issue for a couple of years now. Therefore it would be nice to hear from u-he what they have to say about it.

Return to “u-he”