I found a new waveform in Diva that nobody probably cares about because it's not that thrilling

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Obviously, you can make an infinite variety with combining waves from different oscillators, but I found out one that you can do with one oscillator.

Use Dual VCO, waveset Analog 1, set PW to full (top), then select triangle and pulse on Osc 1 and you'll get a parabolic waveform. If you set the PW mode to 1+2, you can do the same with Osc 2, which is good because they sound great octaved. With phase retrigger mode set in Trimmers, and no pitch slop or detune at all, the two waves lock together and by mixing them together in varying amounts you can get some nice harmonic cancellation creating even more unique timbres.

No idea why this works (the parabolic wave). It only works with Dual VCO, Analog 1, and it only works with the PW set to full, which effectively produces no sound. Change away from this and you get what you'd expect, a triangle mixed with silence (100% pulsewidth pulse wave).
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

hehehe, nice find! It's essentially a waveshaped, unipolar triangle. The 100% PW adds +1 to it so that the triangle becomes unipolar. "Analog1" adds a waveshaper to harvest the specific sawtooth form we found in one of the old machines...

Return to “u-he”