Protoverb 1.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Protoverb

szalonykp wrote:Everybody seems to like it, but I find it very metallic sounding... Must try it more on shorter decays/smaller reverbs...
Everyone loves a good randomizer, and soon forgets the
rejects it may produce, while enjoying the jewels.
First time I tried ZebraCM I noticed some metallic patina when using the reverb, and loved the results. There are
so many good lifeless reverbs, this one will be like
a petri dish, with the results run through a centrifuge,
to achieve new perceptions and perfections, metallic, transparent, accoustic, nuanced, or even blasphemous to the
gods of analog. If the music calls for it, it will be fouund :hyper:

Thanks for the plugin! :tu:

Would love to get access to the internal parameters, rather than relying on the randomiser.

I imagine the parameter settings will be made available once u-he collect our sets of 'good' reverbs :)
ThomasHelzle wrote:When I tried to upload my first preset, the website told me in a popup I couldn't enter non-latin characters. I definitely had none in there. At the end I had to delete my comment. This is using Vivaldi Browser (latest snapshot) x64 on Windows 8.1 x64.
mcbpete wrote: I had the same issue too (though with Google Chrome). First removed the '~' symbol as I thought it might be causing problems, then I removed all the unnecessary punctuation, then the necessary punctuation, then all numbers, but nope still didn't take the comment.
nitedwella wrote: well this also happens on Firefox, it seems - it keeps complaining about non-latin characters and making me unable to send comments alongside the code.
Eirikur wrote:It seems that Protoverb can generate codes that the "send code" page does not accept. This is on a pretty stock Windows 7 with Firefox.
URS - Any chance you could tweak the submission page so that we can, erm submit things !

What an incredible gift this is. After a few hours of tweaking I was able to generate a code which creates one of the best drum rooms I've ever heard! It is ridiculous how good this can be.

Here's the code: BFNR157E-8FTJEO1N

I'm using it at 62% Decay and full 100% wet on a send. I can take a fully mono overhead track or any drum track really and make it sound crazy realistic.

Also, just for fun I typed in GOOD-BAD and it's not bad at all.. great large verb for synth pads and leads. :hihi:

EDIT: One more code. Type in: ZOMG-YEAH .. and crank up the decay to 90. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

@bmanic: nice and dense, even with longer decay :-)

bmanic wrote: Here's the code: BFNR157E-8FTJEO1N
That's a real nice room, especially the upper mids feel very lively and fresh. Thanks for the find! :tu:

OK, I had to find a drumroom myself :wink:

BHMR156S-2N82W1
Came up with this one... it's quite a live-studio-room. But very nice on snare especially. (It's my goto tweak-signal.) You'll have to bring up the decay quite high. About 84.00 is my favourite setting.

And while playing, there was this...

GTRR247S-6MW69LH
It's a horrible reverb. But kind of a real cool, technoid SoundFX. I'll call it DoubleFlutter (for obvious reasons). It's also got a little brother (named PingPongFlutter): GTRR237S-6MW69LH.

Have fun, and thanks again, u-he!

Thanks, Urs, et al.
This is a great treat. :)
..what goes around comes around..

Hmmm, Plugin reporting:

Base Latency Reset

"Base Latency was reset to the default setting of 16 samples due to your host sending irregular buffer sizes."

Host is Reaper 5 and buffer size is 256.

Chris-S wrote:Hmmm, Plugin reporting:

Base Latency Reset

"Base Latency was reset to the default setting of 16 samples due to your host sending irregular buffer sizes."

Host is Reaper 5 and buffer size is 256.
Doesn't happen here with same setup.

It happend after a time selection change.

Chris-S wrote:It happend after a time selection change.
Ok, reproduced. Happens on looping. Shit :(

Here are my favorites:

BGMR25QS-4LL76T: room ambience
BTNR158S-WVH5C: hall
FGNRZ38S-4LL76T: large room

The first is more of a coloring, the latter two even work with very long decay settings and 100% wet. Protoverb is really a very neat idea and well executed.

Ok, reproduced. Happens on looping.
Maybe bug in Reaper (submitting wrong buffer sizes in some circumstances)...

Return to “u-he”