Massive Modular Skin for Zebra²

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Dark Zebra Zebra

aumordia wrote:Bump because I just bought this, it's great, even with the aliasing on windows (probably hard to avoid in the Win 10 era where scaling and resolution is all screwed up in general).

Quick question: is it possible to sneak in some knobs on the X-Y page so you can independently move the X and Y controllers? That's the one thing I miss from the original skin, it let's me set values precisely when working with finicky parameters (e.g. fm/rm tuning on bass parts).

Solid skin otherwise!
OK, I deleted them because of the space but I can put them as a pop-up or tabbed section somewhere like this.

Click the knob icon and knobs show up (maybe have to hide the XY description text areas instead, though.)
...or put them into "mini XY pad" area in the module tab.

Or should I reduce the number of XY assignments shown in a single tab from 4 to 3, which enables knobs to be always visible? I don't use XY much and cannot judge which is better :scared:

ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

Either approach would be great, thanks! You can just do whatever you like best (or would have the easiest time doing).
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

Just popping in to say :tu: . Bought it and it's what I use to learn to get around in Zebra (+Hz).

I also use your freebie XY for Diva.
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

Greetings,

Loved the MM skin for Diva, bought this one today for my recently purchased Z2. Just wanted to let you know that it works perfectly with the Linux version of Zebra.

Best,

dp

what are the chances of releasing your "newest" Zebra skin for purchase?
THe one that you announced you would release after 512 purchases of this skin?
I wouldnt mind paying again for that one!
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Ya it's a long wait for the 512 version of Modular Massive still using the other one it's great.

any news on the 512?
Last edited by fforet on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

about 512 skin:

What I'm thinking lately is that the Massive Modular sold much enough and it's time to release the one even though it hasn't reached 512 DL.
So it won't be long, but currently the Bazille skin is the prior task to get done.

Anyway I don't want to charge customers extra bucks 'cause it feels to me kinda betrayal for those who wait for the skin for like 2 years.

plugmon, could you try Massive Modular (HD) skin on Windows at 130% zoom? Main tab buttons look a bit blurry, and 150% is almost too big for my monitor (although thee issue is still there at 150%, just not as pronounced)... Here's a screenshot:

Notice "ARP SYNC", "MINI MSEG EDITOR", "GATE", "VOICES", "LENGTH" text aliasing, and text on tabs in top left... if there's anything you can do to tweak this so that it looks more consistent across different zoom factors, please try and do it :)

It could do with a less condensed font, perhaps?

plugmon wrote:about 512 skin:
it's time to release the one even though it hasn't reached 512 DL.
So it won't be long, but currently the Bazille skin is the prior task to get done.
Really looking forward to the 512 and the Bazille :)

plugmon wrote:about 512 skin:

What I'm thinking lately is that the Massive Modular sold much enough and it's time to release the one even though it hasn't reached 512 DL.

Anyway I don't want to charge customers extra bucks 'cause it feels to me kinda betrayal for those who wait for the skin for like 2 years.
Nice! And with that, you've gained a new customer. Just picked this up.

EvilDragon wrote:plugmon, could you try Massive Modular (HD) skin on Windows at 130% zoom? Main tab buttons look a bit blurry, and 150% is almost too big for my monitor (although thee issue is still there at 150%, just not as pronounced)... Here's a screenshot:
It seems that Zebra shrink HD images BEFORE zooming. And aliasing happens when shrink images. So alias appears regardless of zoom settings.

I think you're right: Simper font may reduce aliasing a bit. I'm gonna work around this issue before releasing 512 skin.

But the essential problem, I think, is that UI elements are too small in Zebra, unlike Diva, Ace or any latest synths.
So I'm planing next Zebra skin that uses more space. Bigger knob, bigger text will boost the user experience!

That could be the ticket! Thanks for reaching out :)

Would be nice to see NI Razor skin for Zebra2 :party: :party:

Bug: in OSC Editor

in the OSC tab, where the Oscillators are listed, for each Oscillator there is a Wave Shape, and at the top-right corner there is a diagonal-arrow (two sided arrow), that allows us to edit the wave using the OSC Editor.

two problems:

1- this feature is not available in IceAge theme, that is in the IceAge theme there is no diagonal-arrow that allows us to bring up the Osc Editor

2- if I change the theme from the "Massive Modular" to some other theme, and then back again to "Massive Modular" theme, then the mouse does not work as expected in the Osc Editor, instead of being able to use the mouse to go to the next wave in the sequence, or edit the wave, the mouse instead moves the OscEditor window up and down.

I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this or if the developer is aware of this?

I am using Zebra 2.7.2, Massive Modular Skin 2.1.31, on macOS Sierra, LogicPro

Return to “u-he”