Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
lvndr
KVRist
 
112 posts since 14 May, 2016

Postby lvndr; Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:25 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

plugmon wrote:about 512 skin:

What I'm thinking lately is that the Massive Modular sold much enough and it's time to release the one even though it hasn't reached 512 DL.
So it won't be long, but currently the Bazille skin is the prior task to get done.

Anyway I don't want to charge customers extra bucks 'cause it feels to me kinda betrayal for those who wait for the skin for like 2 years.


Would gladly donate to you via PayPal for that 512 DL skin :)
diaper@ky
KVRist
 
199 posts since 28 Jul, 2014

Postby diaper@ky; Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:27 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

I received a link for new plugmon skin with racked FX.
iOS iPad has issues as I'm abroad ATM.
Can't wait to download this and the SD Version.
The look is smooth and the racked FX are spectacular...

Thanks Plugmon.
User avatar
plugmon
KVRist
 
81 posts since 2 Mar, 2015, from Tokyo

Postby plugmon; Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:22 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

diaper@ky wrote:I received a link for new plugmon skin with racked FX.
iOS iPad has issues as I'm abroad ATM.
Can't wait to download this and the SD Version.
The look is smooth and the racked FX are spectacular...

Thanks Plugmon.


Thanks all the people. I didn't expect Massive Modular could reach this far; 512 Downloads.

The racked FX is heaven!! EQ1 & 2 at the same time, Rev1 & 2 at the same time....U-he should do this, too. :love:

Image

Looking back, however, it seems to me that too many colors and elements put into it. When Zebra 3 is released, I'm gonna set out for the new, the more sophisticated skin.
rockbottom
KVRist
 
155 posts since 14 Aug, 2004

Postby rockbottom; Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:31 am Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

I've tested both musik-fabrik and musik-fabrik SD (is there any difference ?) and would make a single remark… I think the info pane lacks readability, for two reasons:
  • the text seems to lack luminosity and is strongly degraded
  • some characters, especially 'f', have their upper part mangled
look at the picture below, it's what I see on my screen when Zebra is set to 100% with a neutral gamma: please compare the first 'f' of 'effect' with the 'f' of 'patch format'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcbpete
KVRian
 
1090 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:32 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

plugmon wrote:Thanks all the people. I didn't expect Massive Modular could reach this far; 512 Downloads.

The racked FX is heaven!! EQ1 & 2 at the same time, Rev1 & 2 at the same time....U-he should do this, too. :love:
This one has now become my default Zebra theme (after previously having your 'Massive Iceage' as the default for months)

rockbottom wrote:look at the picture below, it's what I see on my screen when Zebra is set to 100% with a neutral gamma: please compare the first 'f' of 'effect' with the 'f' of 'patch format'.
Does this happen with other skins too - For some reason I thought skins only altered the look & positions of the buttons & panels etc. rather than text in dialogue boxes
rockbottom
KVRist
 
155 posts since 14 Aug, 2004

Postby rockbottom; Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:40 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

mcbpete wrote:Does this happen with other skins too

yes: this also happens with musik-fabrik SD and massive ice-age
mcbpete
KVRian
 
1090 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:55 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

Apologies should've clarified - Does this happen with other non-plugmon skins ? And if so are you running Windows by any chance ?
rockbottom
KVRist
 
155 posts since 14 Aug, 2004

Postby rockbottom; Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:30 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

I haven't got any other skin, except the u-he's original — and I'm running OSX on a 27'' iMac…
User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
 
16294 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:33 am Re: Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

rockbottom wrote:look at the picture below, it's what I see on my screen when Zebra is set to 100% with a neutral gamma: please compare the first 'f' of 'effect' with the 'f' of 'patch format'.


You likely don't have font anti-aliasing enabled in Zebra's Preferences. So enable it.
rockbottom
KVRist
 
155 posts since 14 Aug, 2004

Postby rockbottom; Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:36 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

ah no: it's already on!
simmo75
KVRian
 
790 posts since 25 Mar, 2016, from Seattle

Postby simmo75; Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:39 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

Can you buy the new skin on its own?
I really have no need for patches and as beautiful as the skin is, $25 seems a lot of money for a skin.
Cheers
User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
 
16294 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:25 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

rockbottom wrote:ah no: it's already on!


Bummer. It's not a problem here on Windows - those fonts are nice and sharp.
User avatar
plugmon
KVRist
 
81 posts since 2 Mar, 2015, from Tokyo

Postby plugmon; Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:27 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

rockbottom wrote:I've tested both musik-fabrik and musik-fabrik SD (is there any difference ?) and would make a single remark… I think the info pane lacks readability, for two reasons:
  • the text seems to lack luminosity and is strongly degraded
  • some characters, especially 'f', have their upper part mangled
look at the picture below, it's what I see on my screen when Zebra is set to 100% with a neutral gamma: please compare the first 'f' of 'effect' with the 'f' of 'patch format'.


mmmm strange behaviour. Not on my OSX environment, either.

Image

One thing I can say is that this part is a text based element, where the font renderings could be affected by system font settings, or even by DAW. I cannot identify it clearly.
Sometimes just re-opening the GUI fixes some graphic issues like this.
User avatar
plugmon
KVRist
 
81 posts since 2 Mar, 2015, from Tokyo

Postby plugmon; Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:31 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

simmo75 wrote:Can you buy the new skin on its own?
I really have no need for patches and as beautiful as the skin is, $25 seems a lot of money for a skin.
Cheers


Massive Modular is not a "Skin & Preset bundle", but is a "skin with bonus presets". I mean, even without patches, I would sell it for $25.
I consider it not just a skin, since it brings not only aesthetic changes but also functional changes like the new modulation system, the piano roll sequencer...Have you tried the demo version? I bet you can't stop yourself once you try it 8) 8)
simmo75
KVRian
 
790 posts since 25 Mar, 2016, from Seattle

Postby simmo75; Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:53 am Re: Massive Modular Skin : Massive-like Mod System in Zebra²

plugmon wrote:
simmo75 wrote:Can you buy the new skin on its own?
I really have no need for patches and as beautiful as the skin is, $25 seems a lot of money for a skin.
Cheers


Massive Modular is not a "Skin & Preset bundle", but is a "skin with bonus presets". I mean, even without patches, I would sell it for $25.
I consider it not just a skin, since it brings not only aesthetic changes but also functional changes like the new modulation system, the piano roll sequencer...Have you tried the demo version? I bet you can't stop yourself once you try it 8) 8)


I'll try it now :D

Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: Bought
Last edited by simmo75 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he