Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
geronimo
KVRist

309 posts since 17 Oct, 2006, from Franche-Comté

Postby geronimo; Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:30 pm Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

" The GUI size can be changed by right-clicking anywhere in the background. "

This is the exact phrase of the manual page 5 for that function.

Ever since the manual page 26, section Preference is explained how to set the GUI by default with Podolski and the size of the GUI .
MacPro 2 X 2,66 GHz, D.P. 8.07 & Kontakt5 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Clavier CamelSpace & CamelPhatt _ Alchemy & Explorer Loïc Le Pape
http://www.loiclepapesteelguitars.com/s ... ?article24
ZaBong69
KVRist

116 posts since 5 Oct, 2015

Postby ZaBong69; Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:05 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Hi,

just a big thank you. I don't know how I had missed this gem before, but it is actually a great synth with a lush sound. The filter behaves very interestingly, and it does a wide variety of sound for a synth with just one OSC.

Had to tell Bazille not to eat the little guy though...

Best,

Karsten
aesthete
KVRist

75 posts since 25 Sep, 2015

Postby aesthete; Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:44 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Sometimes simpler is better even if you have the big brothers.

Nice new presets as well. TX Urs, TUC, and U-he F.C.
Last edited by aesthete on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno
Teksonik
KVRAF

11745 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:40 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Thanks for the great synth Urs ! :hug:

I didn't much care for the brown or blue backgrounds so I made this edit:

Does anyone know off hand which entry in the script file controls the color of the preset names in the Browser ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
LFO8
KVRian

592 posts since 21 Jul, 2012

Postby LFO8; Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:34 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

I think it would make sense to change the name LFO Voice to LFO1 as that is what it is also named in the mod menu. Seems more intuitive to me.

I'll check over the weekend if i can mod together an AS Theme for Podolski.
The unshushable Coktor
KVRist

249 posts since 18 May, 2007, from Berlin

Postby The unshushable Coktor; Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:01 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Everyone, we have two new demo tracks for Podolski and the new TOYS soundset that comes with it, check them out (and check the new version's VST3 while you're at it)!
https://soundcloud.com/uheplugins/sets/podolski-toys-demo-tracks
u-he team
gravehill
KVRian

1082 posts since 20 Nov, 2004, from Seinäjoki, Finland

Postby gravehill; Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:23 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

I'm having trouble installing Podolski. On opening the installer, I'm getting

Runtime Error (at -1:0):
Cannot Import:
dll:<utf8>C:\Users\(account)\AppData\Local\Temp\is-5U811.tmp\Podolski.dll.

I unzipped the archive first and tried as Admin as well. Getting the same error every time.

I'm on Windows 10, 64 bit.

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason it worked after several tries. No idea what happened there.
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!
The unshushable Coktor
KVRist

249 posts since 18 May, 2007, from Berlin

Postby The unshushable Coktor; Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:10 pm Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

core wrote:Lovely new sounds in the new TUC Toys pack :tu:

Thank you!
u-he team
U-o
KVRian

921 posts since 16 Nov, 2011

Postby U-o; Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:41 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

@ TUC: Really good presets. Thank you!

@ Teksonic: Like your color more than original blue and brown one.

@ u-he: I have the same problem in FL12 like somebody else post it here. It also seems, that mousewheel support does not work well. Good update for this great plugin, it's still one of my favourite plugins!
FL Studio Producer Edition
+ Harmless, Harmor, Podolski, ZebraCM, Zebralette
+ FL Studio Native Plugin Effects, G-Tune, Limiter No.6, Krush, OrilRiver, Sanford Reverb, SDRR
+ Wavosaur
Gucky
KVRAF

1749 posts since 26 Sep, 2004

Postby Gucky; Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:48 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Hi Urs,
it seems to be that I found a little bug in the 64 bit vst3 version:
I made a new song in Cubase 8.5 with Podolski as instrument.
Then I stored the Cubase project.
At first: When I open the project again Podolski does not show the name of the preset.
Then I change the Cubase automation fader volume curve. I made a "fade in" of the Podolski in the song.
Now Podolski stops playing a sound although the volume of the fade in is on +4.
And very strange: I use also the Rob Papen Predator in the song. Also the Predator stops playing a sound.
But Arcsyn and Zebra2 are playing.
Maybe that it is a Podolski bug in reading automation data from Cubase.

I wish the u-he team a happy Easter! :party:
Gucky ( aka Ronald aka Faber)

Cubase 8.5 ; Windows 8.1
Last edited by Gucky on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rockbottom
KVRist

148 posts since 14 Aug, 2004

Postby rockbottom; Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:40 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

craftycurate wrote:I'm using a Wacom tablet, and the Podolski GUI doesn't respond to right clicks.
I'm using a Wacom 'Bamboo' tablet too, and the Podolski GUI responds readily to right clicks…
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF

5120 posts since 4 Jul, 2001, from either Northern Idaho or Southern Canada, still trying to figure out which

Postby SJ_Digriz; Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:31 pm Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

I have a potential automation bug ... rendering a gif now. But, before then does Podolski have latch mode on the arp? I can't seem to find one and didn't see it mentioned in the manual. Since I said that, I'm sure there is a full chapter titled "Using Latch Mode"
The trick is to realize there is no spoon. That's when you'll know you have been truly swindled.
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF

5120 posts since 4 Jul, 2001, from either Northern Idaho or Southern Canada, still trying to figure out which

Postby SJ_Digriz; Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:36 pm Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

I don't think Podolski automation is working correctly in Cubase now. I can record in write mode, but it doesn't actually use the automation until I leave the track and exit write mode. I've made sure I'm not in bulldoze mode. I've also tested a couple other synths to make sure I don't have screwball setting stopping the read. It just doesn't want to respond until I leave the track.

Here's a gif with Podolski VST3 and Diva VST2..
--automate Podolski, knob does not move to automation
--click on diva track, hit play, automation now works on Podolski
--arm Diva automation, automation works right away while still in write mode.

The trick is to realize there is no spoon. That's when you'll know you have been truly swindled.
vonRed
KVRist

214 posts since 29 Dec, 2006

Postby vonRed; Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:41 pm Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

craftycurate wrote:I'm using a Wacom tablet, and the Podolski GUI doesn't respond to right clicks.

A not uncommon problem for me as well (using an Intuos tablet). There are two workarounds --

• disable "use windows ink" in the Wacom control panel (it's a per-application setting)
  • if you want to keep windows ink functionality for your DAW, right-*drag* a short distance and the menu magically appears
BTW, gentlepersons at u-he, this is actually a problem that's been there a while. AFAICT it's also affected by the Wacom driver. But disabling windows ink for the DAW is a reliable workaround.
filkertom
KVRian

801 posts since 20 Aug, 2005, from Ann Arbor, MI

Postby filkertom; Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:53 pm Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Using the VST3 version in Reaper 5.17 (64-bit). So far, no problems. A bunch of good, useful preset sounds (I'm one of those guys who doesn't do a whole lot of sound creation/modification).
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9
PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he