Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
StudioDave
KVRian

816 posts since 23 Jun, 2007, from Findlay OH USA

Postby StudioDave; Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:45 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Linux version anywhere ?

:)
fortklang
KVRist

43 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Postby fortklang; Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:24 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

:roll: I don´t think there is a linux vst3 host
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF

4613 posts since 4 Jul, 2001, from either Northern Idaho or Southern Canada, still trying to figure out which

Postby SJ_Digriz; Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:05 pm Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Urs, do you need anything from on the automation issue or is it reproducible on your side?
EDIT: FYI VST3 version of Presswerk works correctly. So maybe not related to VST3.
The trick is to realize there is no spoon. That's when you'll know you have been truly swindled.
Tarkus S
KVRer

3 posts since 25 Jun, 2015

Postby Tarkus S; Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:07 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

SJ_Digriz wrote:Urs, do you need anything from on the automation issue or is it reproducible on your side?
EDIT: FYI VST3 version of Presswerk works correctly. So maybe not related to VST3.

Hi, thanks for reporting that!
I work at u-he and have created a ticket for the issue.
We're all quite busy with preparation for the Superbooth, so it might take until next week for us to look into it.
ThomasHelzle
KVRAF

4711 posts since 9 Dec, 2008, from Berlin

Postby ThomasHelzle; Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:19 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

vonRed wrote:
craftycurate wrote:I'm using a Wacom tablet, and the Podolski GUI doesn't respond to right clicks.

A not uncommon problem for me as well (using an Intuos tablet). There are two workarounds --

• disable "use windows ink" in the Wacom control panel (it's a per-application setting)
  • if you want to keep windows ink functionality for your DAW, right-*drag* a short distance and the menu magically appears
BTW, gentlepersons at u-he, this is actually a problem that's been there a while. AFAICT it's also affected by the Wacom driver. But disabling windows ink for the DAW is a reliable workaround.

Windows Ink is total crap when used in combination with a Wacom, so I don't think u-he should invest time in fixing what isn't really broken. Turning it off should actually be the default...

Cheers,

Tom
.jon
KVRAF

5273 posts since 8 Jul, 2002, from Helsinki

Postby .jon; Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:48 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Such a nice VA with a very interesting arp.

I'm not a preset user, but these by TUC are very high quality and definitely present the synth in best possible way.

VST3 version works so far fine in Reaper, I had a glitch where the arp wouldn't stop playing until I changed preset but it was probably Reaper's MIDI just acting up as usual.
Thanks KVR 2002-2017. Remember the music.
vonRed
KVRist

214 posts since 29 Dec, 2006

Postby vonRed; Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:00 pm Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

ThomasHelzle wrote:Windows Ink is total crap when used in combination with a Wacom, so I don't think u-he should invest time in fixing what isn't really broken. Turning it off should actually be the default...

Actually it has a number of useful features and very rarely causes problems. Switching it on or off per application is, to me, quite jarring. And it's not just Podolski that suffers from problems with windows ink -- AFAICT the problem lies with the framework and affects all commercial plugins as well (at least the ones I own).
The unshushable Coktor
KVRist

246 posts since 18 May, 2007, from Berlin

Postby The unshushable Coktor; Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:09 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Hello everyone,

we'll go through your posts from the last days soon, we're all very busy preparing for Berlin's "Superbooth" event, after which there's time again to read through the issues you posted here.
Thanks for understanding :)

Viktor

(and thank you, .jon, for the compliment!)
u-he team
StudioDave
KVRian

816 posts since 23 Jun, 2007, from Findlay OH USA

Postby StudioDave; Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:05 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

fortklang wrote:I don´t think there is a linux vst3 host

You're right, AFAICT. I thought Linux Bitwig supported the format but I'm wrong about that.

I am interested in trying out the TUC Toys presets. Does anyone know if they'll work with an earlier version of Podolski ?

Best,

dp
MRT
KVRian

1044 posts since 3 Dec, 2002

Postby MRT; Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:47 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Just installed this update, not using Vst3 at this time, Vst2 x32 instantly crashes Energy XT and XT2.
The new 32 and 64 bit Vst2's seems to be fine in Reaper 32 and 64.
The older ver. 1.2.1 was working fine.
Thanks much for keeping Podolski alive.
HTH
abique
KVRian

549 posts since 26 May, 2013, from Berlin

Postby abique; Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:49 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Linux updates will come next week :)
.jon
KVRAF

5273 posts since 8 Jul, 2002, from Helsinki

Postby .jon; Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:21 pm Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

.jon wrote: in Reaper, I had a glitch where the arp wouldn't stop playing until I changed preset but it was probably Reaper's MIDI just acting up as usual.

This seems to be a frequent-ish issue, and not stuck MIDI, sending note-offs doesn't stop the sound.

Podolski unexpectedly and quickly became one of my favourite synths.
Thanks KVR 2002-2017. Remember the music.
Chris-S
KVRAF

2246 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:56 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

I'm not able to download the Win version in FF (Link in post#1).
Downloads breaks in the middle.

EDIT: solved, in the 4th try the download succeeded.
Chris-S
KVRAF

2246 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:36 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Urs wrote:P.S.: If Podolski sounds off - there was a release some time ago where the tuning jumped up an octave. We've decided to keep it that way, so just set the octave and you're good.

Hmmm, it's now two octaves down from standard tuning (mid C = 262hz).
:wink:
The unshushable Coktor
KVRist

246 posts since 18 May, 2007, from Berlin

Postby The unshushable Coktor; Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:23 am Re: Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Chris-S wrote:Hmmm, it's now two octaves down from standard tuning (mid C = 262hz).
:wink:

Hi Chris,
just checked in REAPER with a spectrum analyzer, and note C5 is 262Hz, which means C4 (the middle C) is only one octave below the standard, not two.
Are you getting different results?

Viktor
u-he Support
u-he team
PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he