Bazille serial "out of stock"?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bought it from Plugin Boutique yesterday, and after I'd paid for the software I got a message saying that the serials for Bazille are out of stock, and that I'll get it "within 24 hours of the next working day". Is this normal for U-he products, or is it it Plugin Boutique that's the problem here? I'm honestly furious, because I was planning to use it on a track this weekend. Shouldn't be that hard to provide people with a serial, or at least tell them that none are available before they buy a £100 product.

If you had purchased from U-he, for the same advertised price so I've just read, I'm sure you would have received your serial within minutes like I have with every purchase I've made with them, so I'm sure it's not them at fault.
It's just a risk you take with third party vendors who may have to re-order serials.
Live and learn, I suppose.
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

OutCider wrote:If you had purchased from U-he, for the same advertised price so I've just read, I'm sure you would have received your serial within minutes like I have with every purchase I've made with them, so I'm sure it's not them at fault.
It's just a risk you take with third party vendors who may have to re-order serials.
One thing...on PB you build up credits. So after buying mutliple vst's, you can then use those credits on other vst's. As a plus, it is really nice to have 1 site with all your serials and download links together

OutCider wrote:If you had purchased from U-he, for the same advertised price so I've just read, I'm sure you would have received your serial within minutes like I have with every purchase I've made with them, so I'm sure it's not them at fault.
Yeah, I've never had any problem with them so far, but I'm not buying through them again after this.

Hmmm, weird. I have no info from a Reseller running out of reg codes, but maybe we can clear this up on Monday...

Sorry for that :-/

I've got this with PluginBoutique a few times – it's quite frustrating. But usually the serial number comes in first thing on Monday (shame they can't do this automatically over the weekend).

Dont buy on friday.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:Dont buy on friday.
Anything...ever. I buy on Monday to make sure I can have by Friday afternoon! :D

Urs wrote:Hmmm, weird. I have no info from a Reseller running out of reg codes, but maybe we can clear this up on Monday...

Sorry for that :-/
It's alright now, they finally sent me a registration code last night. I was worried I'd have to wait until Monday, but my angry email seems to have done the trick :)
I still think they need to warn people in cases like these though. It's annoying to pay £100 (definitely a fair price though, don't get me wrong) for a vst thinking that it will be available immediately, only to be told afterwards that they can't deliver it due to having run out of serials.

Zenstation wrote: I still think they need to warn people in cases like these though.
Yes they should, if they are out of stock it should be clearly stated (as in hardware)

i have just experienced this now after purchasing the Antares AVOX 4 -40% deal, i thought i could play around with it straight away, but no!.. this is really f**** annoying

i thought we were in 2017 and everything was automatic :x

wtf?

i guess ill think twice next time before purchasing anything ilok protected on PB :evil:

thanks goodness this never happens with UAD!

aMUSEd wrote:if they are out of stock it should be clearly stated (as in hardware)
Trouble is that, all automation aside, most of those licenses or codes get assigned and sent out manually.

If everyone goes home to have dinner and cry over the GoT finale in the evening, then nobody's in the office to log the sales that happen overnight. So then they come back to the office in the morning, 40 codes were left yesterday and the developer was already contacted for more. But now 60 licenses were sold overnight, yet no new codes have arrived from the developer, since they're located in a different time zone and won't find the message until later in the day...

Yes, it's inconvenient, and it's annoying, especially if you're already all too used to the modern NOW!NOW!NOW! lifestyle where waiting a couple of hours for something is already such a drag that you have to cancel the online payment and complain if a refund takes a few days to process. Remember the days when you had to order by sending printed forms through actual snail mail? I do. :)

Yes, it sucks that it happens. But it's not like anyone did this to you, personally, on purpose and out of spite. It's just life. It happens.
Does it really hold back your next track? :shrug:
thespiritoflight wrote:i guess ill think twice next time before purchasing anything ilok protected on PB :evil:
thanks goodness this never happens with UAD!
I have no idea what that would have to do with PACE or iLok. The reseller sends you a code from a list, just like with our copy protection scheme or so many others. There's zero involvement by PACE. If the reseller takes a while to process, or doesn't receive new codes in time, then that's bad luck and a drag, yes. But not really a PACE problem. (That ONE time... :hihi: )

As far as I know, UAD plugins are sold in one online store and one online store only, which is the UAD online store. The seller sits directly at the source, so it's no surprise that things would run a bit smoother than if resellers have to be involved.

You see, although technically a reseller, Share-It sends out codes totally automatedly in a matter of minutes or even seconds. So if everyone just purchased u-he plugins from our own online store, instead of saving those last $5 by going through a reseller, there would be a lot less waiting time for licenses... 8)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

I get where you're coming from but if it wasn't cheaper to buy your plugins from resellers then people would buy them direct. I bought some uhe plugins from JRR and saved about $150 compared to buying direct from you. I would have rathered buy from you so you don't have to give a cut to someone else but when it's that much cheaper it's a no brainer.

Maybe this is something you should look into to at least stop the JRR "group" or "forum" codes on your products to help ensure you get more direct sales?

journey33 wrote:Maybe this is something you should look into to at least stop the JRR "group" or "forum" codes on your products to help ensure you get more direct sales?
I think it would be illegal to try to stop shops from using their margin for promotions. We count on shops being aware that if we see our business model threatened, we'll end the retail experiment. So far I don't think there's a need for that, so far resellers make only a few percent of sales.

journey33 wrote:Maybe this is something you should look into to at least stop the JRR "group" or "forum" codes on your products to help ensure you get more direct sales?
Trying to snitch on JRRshop... for shame.

Return to “u-he”