Volta – A GUI for u-he Diva

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lokkiboy wrote: Sorry to be a total noob but I can't find the /diva nor the /themes folder on my mac. Could someone kindly give me a little help so I can start using this beautiful skin. Thanks in forward! :party:
1) Navigate to... Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/u-he/
2) If you don't see a folder called "Themes" in there, create it (I'll add that detail to the manuals).
3) Copy or move the Volta folderinto "Themes".
4) Restart your DAW, load Diva, go into Diva's "Preferences" and change the skin to "Volta GUI"

Just bought this skin today, very nice!

As for the bugs:

BUG 1: "LFO2 rate mod source always shows "multiply", even if changed. However, this value updates correctly in main LFO panel "

This can be fixed by opening Diva.data\Support\Themes\Volta GUI\Scripts\diva.txt. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT FILE FIRST AS EVEN SMALL ERROR IN SCRIPT FILE CAN CRASH THE PLUGIN!

Original parameters for the LFO2 rate mod source in script looks like this:
CONTROL type='Display' name='Display 8909' bounds='96.00 198.00 84.00 16.00' parent='Pane PatchLFO2' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='colours' id='1' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='colours' id='2' value='invisible'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='graphics' id='0' value='V-Button-Context-ModSource'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='graphics' id='1' value='none'
PARAMETER control='Display 8909' port='integer' module='LFO2' parameter='FMS1'

Replace it with this:
CONTROL type='Display' name='Display 8909' bounds='96.00 198.00 84.00 16.00' parent='Pane PatchLFO2' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='colours' id='2' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='graphics' id='1' value='V-Button-Context-ModSource'

Again, be sure to have a backup of Diva.txt. I just quickly tested this after changing these values and everything seems to be working OK but you never know...

BUG 2: "Don't know if this was already mentioned, but I just notice that the first two waveform graphics for Osc 2 on the Dual VCO Eco are wrong. It should show saw then square, but currently shows triangle then saw."

This can be easily fixed with a graphics editor (free GIMP for example) by modifying the file 'V-PanelKorgVCO-480x310.png' in Volta GUI\Images\Panes folder. Copying saw and square from osc 1 to new layers and pasteing on top of the wrong ones it looks as it should.
volta.jpg
I have the fixed files but won't spread them without the permission from author of the skin. Anyway, hopefully there will be an official fix to these at some point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

update for Xmas, update for Xmas? :-)

I wonder if the developer is still around ? I hope because when the browser gets updated it would be nice to keep using this skin.

synth_punk wrote:I wonder if the developer is still around ? I hope because when the browser gets updated it would be nice to keep using this skin.
+1 . Amazing skin

synth_punk wrote:I wonder if the developer is still around ? I hope because when the browser gets updated it would be nice to keep using this skin.
Sorry, friends. I have killed most of the bugs now.
Unfortunately, there is currently not much time to support you. Anyway, over the Christmas days I might find the time for an update.
Diva Volta will definitely be updated until version 2, and I'll take care of the new preset browser.

As I said, I use this GUI myself!

That's good to hear!

And might be next year you'd want to look into Repro-5 skin. hint, hint ;)

Me myself wouldn't mind Prophet-5 sort of realistic 3D model skin sorta thing. This synth sounds like Prophet, it should look like Prophet too. Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

With modern graphics cards this should be manageable.

Excellent to hear!

zoikkis wrote:Just bought this skin today, very nice!

As for the bugs:

BUG 1: "LFO2 rate mod source always shows "multiply", even if changed. However, this value updates correctly in main LFO panel "

This can be fixed by opening Diva.data\Support\Themes\Volta GUI\Scripts\diva.txt. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT FILE FIRST AS EVEN SMALL ERROR IN SCRIPT FILE CAN CRASH THE PLUGIN!

Original parameters for the LFO2 rate mod source in script looks like this:
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='colours' id='2' value='invisible'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='graphics' id='0' value='V-Button-Context-ModSource'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='graphics' id='1' value='none'

Replace it with this:
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='colours' id='2' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Display 8909' name='graphics' id='1' value='V-Button-Context-ModSource'

Again, be sure to have a backup of Diva.txt. I just quickly tested this after changing these values and everything seems to be working OK but you never know...

BUG 2: "Don't know if this was already mentioned, but I just notice that the first two waveform graphics for Osc 2 on the Dual VCO Eco are wrong. It should show saw then square, but currently shows triangle then saw."

This can be easily fixed with a graphics editor (free GIMP for example) by modifying the file 'V-PanelKorgVCO-480x310.png' in Volta GUI\Images\Panes folder. Copying saw and square from osc 1 to new layers and pasteing on top of the wrong ones it looks as it should.
volta.jpg
I have the fixed files but won't spread them without the permission from author of the skin. Anyway, hopefully there will be an official fix to these at some point.
A big thank you for the work done here... :tu:

New beta version of Diva with the new U-he browser so we could really use a Volta skin update soon.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... c105a093de

Bah! Payment is broken... I will check back.

What an amazing theme! Great work on LFO section, it makes the modulation part a joy, unlike in the original skin :roll: And man has it got an atmosphere of those vintage synths!

On a side note, sometimes my brain can not understand in which position are those orange moog switches, they look like flat squares to me. I really have to move closely to the screen to get it. That's probably due to the lack of obvious side shadows :ud:

I can’t open the modulation panel or access the per voice detuning. Any ideas? Help!

Amazing work, just purchased. Thanks!

Any plans to improve the sliders,too slippery for my liking.

Return to “u-he”